PDA

View Full Version : Red means stop dickhead, part something

Resound[_2_]
May 10th 07, 10:00 AM
I saw an example of why the notion that cyclists running red lights only
hurt themselves is utter ******** this evening. Now admittedly the
pedestrian who stepped out onto the crossing a couple of seconds after the
light turned red *without looking first* was being a trifle careless but he
still should have been able to do that. If the cyclist hadn't run said red
light he would have been fine. As it was he got slapped down pretty hard. I
don't think he was badly hurt, but he wasn't getting up in a hurry, he
definitely looked distressed and I bet he's going to be bloody sore.

Donga
May 10th 07, 10:24 AM
On May 10, 7:00 pm, "Resound" > wrote:
> I saw an example of why the notion that cyclists running red lights only
> hurt themselves is utter ******** this evening. Now admittedly the
> pedestrian who stepped out onto the crossing a couple of seconds after the
> light turned red *without looking first* was being a trifle careless but he
> still should have been able to do that. If the cyclist hadn't run said red
> light he would have been fine. As it was he got slapped down pretty hard. I
> don't think he was badly hurt, but he wasn't getting up in a hurry, he
> definitely looked distressed and I bet he's going to be bloody sore.

Beaut result. Now if only all the dickheads riding in Brisbane in the
dark without lights could run into a pole to learn their lesson,
instead of potentially hitting me or some other person trying to do
the right thing ... I sympathise with student budgets, but ffs they
are already saving a lot by riding a dunger, you'd think they could
find $30 for a couple of blinkers.

Donga

Resound[_2_]
May 10th 07, 10:56 AM
"Donga" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On May 10, 7:00 pm, "Resound" > wrote:
>> I saw an example of why the notion that cyclists running red lights only
>> hurt themselves is utter ******** this evening. Now admittedly the
>> pedestrian who stepped out onto the crossing a couple of seconds after
>> the
>> light turned red *without looking first* was being a trifle careless but
>> he
>> still should have been able to do that. If the cyclist hadn't run said
>> red
>> light he would have been fine. As it was he got slapped down pretty hard.
>> don't think he was badly hurt, but he wasn't getting up in a hurry, he
>> definitely looked distressed and I bet he's going to be bloody sore.
>
> Beaut result. Now if only all the dickheads riding in Brisbane in the
> dark without lights could run into a pole to learn their lesson,
> instead of potentially hitting me or some other person trying to do
> the right thing ... I sympathise with student budgets, but ffs they
> are already saving a lot by riding a dunger, you'd think they could
> find $30 for a couple of blinkers.
>
> Donga

Sorry, I just realised how ambiguous that was. The cyclist went down but
seemed pretty much ok. It was the ped that really hit the ground.

Adam F[_3_]
May 10th 07, 12:10 PM
Resound wrote:
> "Donga" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> On May 10, 7:00 pm, "Resound" > wrote:
>>> I saw an example of why the notion that cyclists running red lights only
>>> hurt themselves is utter ******** this evening. Now admittedly the
>>> pedestrian who stepped out onto the crossing a couple of seconds after
>>> the
>>> light turned red *without looking first* was being a trifle careless but
>>> he
>>> still should have been able to do that. If the cyclist hadn't run said
>>> red
>>> light he would have been fine. As it was he got slapped down pretty hard.
>>> don't think he was badly hurt, but he wasn't getting up in a hurry, he
>>> definitely looked distressed and I bet he's going to be bloody sore.
>> Beaut result. Now if only all the dickheads riding in Brisbane in the
>> dark without lights could run into a pole to learn their lesson,
>> instead of potentially hitting me or some other person trying to do
>> the right thing ... I sympathise with student budgets, but ffs they
>> are already saving a lot by riding a dunger, you'd think they could
>> find $30 for a couple of blinkers.
>>
>> Donga
>>

> Sorry, I just realised how ambiguous that was. The cyclist went down but
> seemed pretty much ok. It was the ped that really hit the ground.

Pity you couldn't report his licence plate to the cops for dangerous
riding ;)

--
//Adam F

Google