PDA

View Full Version : Valuable relic

Donga
May 13th 07, 12:48 PM
Doing some tidying today - cleaned out an old bookshelf. Found a few
Phantom comics and a stack of bike mags, but then the kicker .... wait
for it ... the album insert from a Queen LP ... triple width landscape
of around a hundred nude female cyclists. I've been looking closely
and I can't quite tell what they are riding - but all bikes are white
and seem to be the same ... and yes some of the riders are well
presented too.

The caption:
"Bicycle Race" / "Fat Bottomed Girls"
Queen's new single on Elektra Records.

I'm rich, I'm rich!

Donga

rooman[_146_]
May 13th 07, 01:01 PM
Donga Wrote:
> Doing some tidying today - cleaned out an old bookshelf. Found a few
> Phantom comics and a stack of bike mags, but then the kicker .... wait
> for it ... the album insert from a Queen LP ... triple width landscape
> of around a hundred nude female cyclists. I've been looking closely
> and I can't quite tell what they are riding - but all bikes are white
> and seem to be the same ... and yes some of the riders are well
> presented too.
>
> The caption:
> "Bicycle Race" / "Fat Bottomed Girls"
> Queen's new single on Elektra Records.
>
> I'm rich, I'm rich!
>
> Dongaorrrr, well done...

I have to contend with this...snifff....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpy4xNAnWzM

nnn this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=&mode=related&v=UBbuY1eN66o

nnn this ( warning gruatuitous mud wrestling)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZwrTF-SIKQ&mode=related&search=

--
rooman

TimC
May 14th 07, 05:09 AM
On 2007-05-13, Donga (aka Bruce)
> Doing some tidying today - cleaned out an old bookshelf. Found a few
> Phantom comics and a stack of bike mags, but then the kicker .... wait
> for it ... the album insert from a Queen LP ... triple width landscape
> of around a hundred nude female cyclists. I've been looking closely
> and I can't quite tell what they are riding - but all bikes are white
> and seem to be the same ... and yes some of the riders are well
> presented too.
>
> The caption:
> "Bicycle Race" / "Fat Bottomed Girls"
> Queen's new single on Elektra Records.
>
> I'm rich, I'm rich!

GIF!

--
TimC
The first time, it's a KLUDGE!

Donga
May 14th 07, 07:11 AM
On May 14, 2:09 pm, TimC -
astro.swin.edu.au> wrote:
> On 2007-05-13, Donga (aka Bruce)
>
> > Doing some tidying today - cleaned out an old bookshelf. Found a few
> > Phantom comics and a stack of bike mags, but then the kicker .... wait
> > for it ... the album insert from a Queen LP ... triple width landscape
> > of around a hundred nude female cyclists. I've been looking closely
> > and I can't quite tell what they are riding - but all bikes are white
> > and seem to be the same ... and yes some of the riders are well
> > presented too.
>
> > The caption:
> > "Bicycle Race" / "Fat Bottomed Girls"
> > Queen's new single on Elektra Records.
>
> > I'm rich, I'm rich!
>
> GIF!
>
> --
> TimC
> The first time, it's a KLUDGE!
> The second, a trick.
> Later, it's a well-established technique! -- Mike Broido, Intermetrics

I'll see what I can do. I really want to know what bike they are all
on.

Donga

Donga
May 14th 07, 10:31 AM

From: http://tinyurl.com/dxqck
(I've got the version minus panties)
"1978: Bicycle Race
"As publicity for the forthcoming single Bicycle Race, the band hired
Wimbledon Stadium, and fifty naked girls had their own bicycle race.
The original cover of the single featured the rear view of one of
those naked girls, but due to public outcry in some countries, panties
had to be drawn on! More touring in the USA and Canada began in
October. November 10th saw the release of Jazz, the band's seventh
album. The sleeve was packed to contain a fold-out poster of the naked
bicycle race. The Americans banned it from the actual album sleeve,
and inserted an application form instead so that fans could send away
for their poster. The launch party for Jazz was held in New Orleans,
and has since gone down in history!"

From: http://bicycleuniverse.info/stuff/music.html
"Bicycle Race" by QUEEN (from Jazz, 1978)
"This is the quintessential bicycle song, opening with the several-
part harmony chanting, "BI-cycle, BI-cycle, BI-cycle!", and continuing
with, "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike. I want to
ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like." The album included a
controversial fold-out poster of 55 nude women on bicycles preparing
for a race. The race was held in England's Wimbledon stadium, and was
organized for the sole purpose of providing the photograph for the
album.

"Aside from the chorus, the verses are puzzling, seeming to have
nothing to do with bicycles. (" 'Jaws' was never my scene and I don't
like 'Star Wars'," "You say Rolls, I say Royce," "I don't believe in
Peter Pan, Frankenstein, or Superman.") Some have suggested that
"bicycle" is really a euphemism for "bisexual," since Queen's leader
(Freddie Mercury, who died of AIDS in the early 90s) was gay and
perhaps bisexual, but there is little in the lyrics to suggest that
alternate meaning. "

Donga
May 14th 07, 10:41 AM
While looking for some info on this poster I came across the folowing
website that has many cycling knick-knacks that might interest a.b-
ers.

http://www.bicycle-gifts.com/

Donga

Parbs
May 14th 07, 10:59 AM
TimC wrote:
> On 2007-05-13, Donga (aka Bruce)
>> Doing some tidying today - cleaned out an old bookshelf. Found a few
>> Phantom comics and a stack of bike mags, but then the kicker .... wait
>> for it ... the album insert from a Queen LP ... triple width landscape
>> of around a hundred nude female cyclists. I've been looking closely
>> and I can't quite tell what they are riding - but all bikes are white
>> and seem to be the same ... and yes some of the riders are well
>> presented too.
>>
>> The caption:
>> "Bicycle Race" / "Fat Bottomed Girls"
>> Queen's new single on Elektra Records.
>>
>> I'm rich, I'm rich!

http://www.collectable-records.ru/images/GROUPS/Queen/Jazz/poster.jpg

mikeg[_5_]
May 14th 07, 12:58 PM
Parbs Wrote:
> TimC wrote:
> > On 2007-05-13, Donga (aka Bruce)
> > was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
> >> Doing some tidying today - cleaned out an old bookshelf. Found a
> few
> >> Phantom comics and a stack of bike mags, but then the kicker ....
> wait
> >> for it ... the album insert from a Queen LP ... triple width
> landscape
> >> of around a hundred nude female cyclists. I've been looking closely
> >> and I can't quite tell what they are riding - but all bikes are
> white
> >> and seem to be the same ... and yes some of the riders are well
> >> presented too.
> >>
> >> The caption:
> >> "Bicycle Race" / "Fat Bottomed Girls"
> >> Queen's new single on Elektra Records.
> >>
> >> I'm rich, I'm rich!
> >
> http://www.collectable-records.ru/images/GROUPS/Queen/Jazz/poster.jpg

http://www.funpic.hu/en.picview.php?id=20865

and

http://www.funpic.hu/en.picview.php?id=9751

mike

--
mikeg

Theo Bekkers
May 15th 07, 01:13 AM
Parbs wrote:
> TimC wrote:
>> On 2007-05-13, Donga (aka Bruce)
>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>>> Doing some tidying today - cleaned out an old bookshelf. Found a few
>>> Phantom comics and a stack of bike mags, but then the kicker ....
>>> wait for it ... the album insert from a Queen LP ... triple width
>>> landscape of around a hundred nude female cyclists. I've been
>>> looking closely and I can't quite tell what they are riding - but
>>> all bikes are white and seem to be the same ... and yes some of the
>>> riders are well presented too.
>>>
>>> The caption:
>>> "Bicycle Race" / "Fat Bottomed Girls"
>>> Queen's new single on Elektra Records.
>>>
>>> I'm rich, I'm rich!
>>
> http://www.collectable-records.ru/images/GROUPS/Queen/Jazz/poster.jpg

I first saw that poster hanging on the wall in Glen Parker Bicycles around
1987-8.

WOT! No helmets? Those ladies have no regard for their safety.
Hmm, have A3 colour printer......

Theo

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home