PDA

View Full Version : Slim Shims for small-handed roadsters

Bean Long
May 17th 07, 11:57 PM
I just got a couple of these on my 105 break levers:

http://tinyurl.com/2hdxl7

I'd recommend them for anyone else with small hands who has trouble
breaking while in the drops. They're excellent.

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

BT Humble
May 18th 07, 10:10 AM
Bean Long wrote:
> I just got a couple of these on my 105 break levers:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2hdxl7
>
> I'd recommend them for anyone else with small hands who has trouble
> breaking while in the drops. They're excellent.

That's "brakes", not "breaks"!

You're killin' me, dude!

BTH

DaveB
May 18th 07, 12:44 PM
Bean Long wrote:
> I just got a couple of these on my 105 break levers:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2hdxl7
>
> I'd recommend them for anyone else with small hands who has trouble
> breaking while in the drops. They're excellent.

That looks like just what I need. After various brakes in bones, I
struggle to reach the breaks on the drops. Are they hard to fit? How
much $$?

DaveB "deliberately taunting BTH"

ProfTournesol[_22_]
May 19th 07, 01:16 AM
DaveB Wrote:
> Bean Long wrote:
> > I just got a couple of these on my 105 break levers:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/2hdxl7
> >
> > I'd recommend them for anyone else with small hands who has trouble
> > breaking while in the drops. They're excellent.
> >

> That looks like just what I need. After various brakes in bones, I
> struggle to reach the breaks on the drops. Are they hard to fit? How
> much $$?
>
> DaveB "deliberately taunting BTH"

alternatively, get rid of those 'ergo bars' that are only ergonomic if
you have Shrek's hands, and get some shallow drop bars - the levers
will be closer.

--
ProfTournesol

BT Humble
May 19th 07, 04:48 AM
DaveB wrote:
> Bean Long wrote:
> > I just got a couple of these on my 105 break levers:
>
> >http://tinyurl.com/2hdxl7
>
> > I'd recommend them for anyone else with small hands who has trouble
> > breaking while in the drops. They're excellent.
>
> That looks like just what I need. After various brakes in bones, I
> struggle to reach the breaks on the drops. Are they hard to fit? How
> much $$?
>
> DaveB "deliberately taunting BTH"

"Taunting Week" has started ALREADY? I thought we were still in
"Unhelpful But Funny Week"? ;-)

BTH

DaveB
May 19th 07, 04:54 AM
BT Humble wrote:
> "Taunting Week" has started ALREADY? I thought we were still in
> "Unhelpful But Funny Week"? ;-)
>

> BTH

Taunting week used to be every week around here, but then DRS dropped
off the newsgroup, and all that taunting entertainment went with him.

DaveB "thinking he should have top-posted"

BT Humble
May 19th 07, 08:43 AM
DaveB wrote:
> BTHumble wrote:
> > "Taunting Week" has started ALREADY? I thought we were still in
> > "Unhelpful But Funny Week"? ;-)
>
> Taunting week used to be every week around here, but then DRS dropped
> off the newsgroup, and all that taunting entertainment went with him.
>
> DaveB "thinking he should have top-posted"

Oh! It's been Harsh Week in aus.motorcycles for about 4 years now...

BTH

cfsmtb[_188_]
May 20th 07, 03:44 AM
DRS Summoning Ritual .... DRS Summoning Ritual .....

BTW - Vainly attempting to stay on the topic of small hands/bar
positions, do you think it's absolute travesty against the laws of
nature to use flatbar integrated shifters with bullhorns? Finally come
to the decision that the existing bar end shifters are nothin' but
trouble.

In happier news, the midget 41cm frame has come back from the
powdercoaters and it's now go fast RED. Happy times are here again. ;)

DaveB Wrote:
> BT Humble wrote:
> > "Taunting Week" has started ALREADY? I thought we were still in
> > "Unhelpful But Funny Week"? ;-)
> >

> > BTH
> >

> Taunting week used to be every week around here, but then DRS dropped
> off the newsgroup, and all that taunting entertainment went with him.
>
> DaveB "thinking he should have top-posted"

--
cfsmtb

Resound[_2_]
May 20th 07, 04:13 AM
"cfsmtb" > wrote in message

> DRS Summoning Ritual .... DRS Summoning Ritual .....
>
> BTW - Vainly attempting to stay on the topic of small hands/bar
> positions, do you think it's absolute travesty against the laws of
> nature to use flatbar integrated shifters with bullhorns? Finally come
> to the decision that the existing bar end shifters are nothin' but
> trouble.
>
> In happier news, the midget 41cm frame has come back from the
> powdercoaters and it's now go fast RED. Happy times are here again. ;)

If it's what you like, I say go for it. I'm still really liking the barcons
on the bullhorns though.

Bean Long
May 21st 07, 12:08 AM
BT Humble wrote:
> Bean Long wrote:
>> I just got a couple of these on my 105 break levers:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/2hdxl7
>>
>> I'd recommend them for anyone else with small hands who has trouble
>> breaking while in the drops. They're excellent.
>
> That's "brakes", not "breaks"!
>
> You're killin' me, dude!
>

> BTH

Sorry BT... it was Friday and my grammar checker wasn't working!

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Bean Long
May 21st 07, 12:10 AM
DaveB wrote:

> That looks like just what I need. After various brakes in bones, I
> struggle to reach the breaks on the drops. Are they hard to fit? How
> much $$?
>
> DaveB "deliberately taunting BTH"

They cost me $20 and they installed them. I'm sure you could get them
elsewhere cheaper, but I could only find them on the Specialized website
($10 US). They just have an adhesive tab on them and you simply stick
them inside your lever housing, ensuring enough slack in the BRAKES to
allow for space.
--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

TimC
May 21st 07, 05:20 AM
On 2007-05-20, Bean Long (aka Bruce)
> BT Humble wrote:
>> Bean Long wrote:
>>> I just got a couple of these on my 105 break levers:
>>>
>>> http://tinyurl.com/2hdxl7
>>>
>>> I'd recommend them for anyone else with small hands who has trouble
>>> breaking while in the drops. They're excellent.
>>
>> That's "brakes", not "breaks"!
>>
>> You're killin' me, dude!
>
> Sorry BT... it was Friday and my grammar checker wasn't working!

ITYM "grandma checking".

Why, such big wheels you have there, Grandma!

--
TimC
I bet the human brain is a kludge.

Bean Long
May 21st 07, 06:11 AM
TimC wrote:

> ITYM "grandma checking".
>
> Why, such big wheels you have there, Grandma!

All the better to run you down with my dear!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Google