PDA

View Full Version : specialized allez or trek 1000

May 23rd 07, 10:36 AM
I am trying to choose between either of these as a first road bike (I
am a MTB rider normally) but their frames appear fundamentally
different: the Trek top bar slopes forward and the Spec slopes back -
any reason for this?
Cheers

Dave R
May 23rd 07, 08:48 PM
> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I am trying to choose between either of these as a first road bike (I
> am a MTB rider normally) but their frames appear fundamentally
> different: the Trek top bar slopes forward and the Spec slopes back -
> any reason for this?
> Cheers

I bought a Specialized Allez back in January as my 'first proper road bike'
and have been thoroughly pleased with it. My only quibble was with the
tyres, but I changed them almost straight away and have been enjoying riding
it ever since. I don't know much about the Trek as my LBS doesn't stock them
so I can't give you a comparison, just a thumbs up for the Allez.

Dave

simonk
May 23rd 07, 11:33 PM
On Wed, 23 May 2007 20:48:37 +0100, Dave R wrote
(in article >):

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> I am trying to choose between either of these as a first road bike (I
>> am a MTB rider normally) but their frames appear fundamentally
>> different: the Trek top bar slopes forward and the Spec slopes back -
>> any reason for this?
>> Cheers
>>

> I bought a Specialized Allez back in January as my 'first proper road bike'
> and have been thoroughly pleased with it. My only quibble was with the
> tyres, but I changed them almost straight away and have been enjoying riding
> it ever since. I don't know much about the Trek as my LBS doesn't stock them
> so I can't give you a comparison, just a thumbs up for the Allez.

Seconded, I got an Allez Elite on bike-to-work a couple of weeks ago and it's
great.

--
simonk

thedudeinthehat