PDA

View Full Version : Re: bike lane on the Bay Bridge?

May 23rd 07, 07:31 PM
> What would it take them to allocate a bike lane? No fancy construction
> is needed, just make each car lane (there 4 lanes AFAIR) a foot
> narrower and make a railguard to protect the cyclists.

Five lanes each way.

What would it take? A cosmic shift in the universe as we know it.

I suspect it would be politically easier for the folks who decide such
things to hang some bike lanes underneath or along the side of the
bridge.

It would be nice, though.

Booker C. Bense[_9_]
May 23rd 07, 10:15 PM
In article . com>,
> wrote:
>> What would it take them to allocate a bike lane? No fancy construction
>> is needed, just make each car lane (there 4 lanes AFAIR) a foot
>> narrower and make a railguard to protect the cyclists.
>
>Five lanes each way.
>
>What would it take? A cosmic shift in the universe as we know it.
>
>I suspect it would be politically easier for the folks who decide such
>things to hang some bike lanes underneath or along the side of the
>bridge.
>
>It would be nice, though.

The new section on the East bay side does include some kind of
bike lane. I think it will only go to Treasure Island though.

_ Booker C. Bense

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home