PDA

View Full Version : 26" Hybrid with 13" frame, No Shock. Anything other than Marin Muirwoods?

SMS
May 23rd 07, 09:15 PM
I was at REI at lunch today to pick up an order, and I was looking if
there were any non-mountain bikes suitable for youth (9-12)

There was a 13" frame Marin Muirwoods that looked like it was pretty
good. It had a low stepover height, the seat could go pretty low (the
seat post hits the water bottle braze-ons but sawing it a bit shorter so
it could go down further would be easy. The reach might be a little too
far, but the stem could always be reversed if necessary, or an
adjustable threadless stem that can go to zero degrees could be
installed one way or the other.

The REI sales guy said that it's a popular bike for kids that are
looking for less of a mountain bike, given that there is nothing
available in the kid's bikes that serves that need, and yet it's very
rugged. It's got 26" wheels which are stronger than the 700c wheels, and
it's got a chromolly steel frame which is stronger than the aluminum frames.

I didn't see any other manufacturer offering 13" framed non-suspension
hybrids, but surely Marin isn't the only company with these.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home