PDA

View Full Version : Extra-early forward notice: 2008 Unaugural

BT Humble
May 24th 07, 11:31 AM
The date will be May 3, 2008. Please mark your calendars.

Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have colonised
aus.bicycle (Zebee, Theo, Me, Lemmiwinks, Tex, +anyone else I've
forgotten), it seems only fair to invite the aus.bicycle people along
as well.

In short, the Unaugural is an annual gathering of aus.moto people in a
paddock on my farmlet near Tarago, NSW. Weather permitting, we have a
bonfire of sufficient size to provide a reasonable simulation of
Armageddon. There is overnight camping, awards for various
achievements (such as longest distance travelled to attend), and much
drinking of alcohol and telling of lies.

Think of it as the best parts of fishing, once one gets rid of all the
useless folderol of lines, hooks, bait and water. (And fish).

Here are some photos from the most recent event (the 5th Unaugural),
earlier this month:

http://hok.smugmug.com/gallery/2806294#149827229
http://www.smallsolar.org/BTH/Unaugural/
http://Peter-T.smugmug.com

There's even a FAQ, here:
http://tinyurl.com/2mlbzo

Hoping to see some familiar faces, and some new ones, in 2008!

BTH

bikerbetty
May 24th 07, 12:13 PM
"BT Humble" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The date will be May 3, 2008. Please mark your calendars.
>
> Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have colonised
> aus.bicycle (Zebee, Theo, Me, Lemmiwinks, Tex, +anyone else I've
> forgotten), it seems only fair to invite the aus.bicycle people along
> as well.
>
> In short, the Unaugural is an annual gathering of aus.moto people in a
> paddock on my farmlet near Tarago, NSW. Weather permitting, we have a
> bonfire of sufficient size to provide a reasonable simulation of
> Armageddon. There is overnight camping, awards for various
> achievements (such as longest distance travelled to attend), and much
> drinking of alcohol and telling of lies.
>
> Think of it as the best parts of fishing, once one gets rid of all the
> useless folderol of lines, hooks, bait and water. (And fish).
>
> Here are some photos from the most recent event (the 5th Unaugural),
> earlier this month:
>
> http://hok.smugmug.com/gallery/2806294#149827229
> http://www.smallsolar.org/BTH/Unaugural/
> http://Peter-T.smugmug.com
>
> There's even a FAQ, here:
> http://tinyurl.com/2mlbzo
>
> Hoping to see some familiar faces, and some new ones, in 2008!
>

> BTH

Wouldn't miss it for the world, BTH!!! ( I know the way there now, despite
your crappy directions <giggle> and won't miss the turn-off next time, ha
ha, PLUS - the Unaugural was seriously the best 'rally-intro' that someone
like me could ever have had! It was fantastic - people I sort of knew....
not too far from home.... felt safe and fantastic, and I had a ball! Thank
you so much - BTH & Minx are fab hosts!!!!!

betty

Marty H
May 24th 07, 01:53 PM
On May 24, 8:31 pm, BT Humble > wrote:
> The date will be May 3, 2008. Please mark your calendars.
>
> Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have colonised
> aus.bicycle (Zebee, Theo, Me, Lemmiwinks, Tex, +anyone else I've
> forgotten), it seems only fair to invite the aus.bicycle people along
> as well.

please tell me Lycra is banned...

mh

Aeek
May 24th 07, 02:03 PM
On 24 May 2007 05:53:20 -0700, Marty H > wrote:

>please tell me Lycra is banned...

no difference from leathers.

smack
May 24th 07, 02:17 PM
Too early to pike?

Peter
May 24th 07, 10:23 PM
> Wouldn't miss it for the world, BTH!!! ( I know the way there now,
> despite your crappy directions <giggle> and won't miss the turn-off
> next time, ha ha, PLUS - the Unaugural was seriously the best
> 'rally-intro' that someone like me could ever have had! It was
> fantastic - people I sort of knew.... not too far from home.... felt
> safe and fantastic, and I had a ball! Thank you so much - BTH & Minx
> are fab hosts!!!!!
>
> betty

I agree on all points BB and have made a note in my calander so as to be
able to organise the following week off and not wake everyone with an early
departure.

On the Sunday, May the 4th be with you.

:-P

Zebee Johnstone
May 24th 07, 10:34 PM
In aus.motorcycles on 24 May 2007 05:53:20 -0700
Marty H > wrote:
> On May 24, 8:31 pm, BT Humble > wrote:
>> The date will be May 3, 2008. Please mark your calendars.
>>
>> Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have colonised
>> aus.bicycle (Zebee, Theo, Me, Lemmiwinks, Tex, +anyone else I've
>> forgotten), it seems only fair to invite the aus.bicycle people along
>> as well.
>
> please tell me Lycra is banned...

Only on the motorcyclists.

Zebee

Theo Bekkers
May 24th 07, 11:21 PM
BT Humble wrote:
> The date will be May 3, 2008. Please mark your calendars.
>
> Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have colonised
> aus.bicycle (Zebee, Theo,

May is an awkward time for me, nothing happening that would get me two weeks
away from home, the minimum time I would need to attend. And I've been in
aus.bicycle for ten years or more, not a recent blow-in like you and Zebee.
:-)

Theo

BT Humble
May 24th 07, 11:24 PM
smack wrote:
> Too early to pike?

Yes, I'm afraid so. The accepted technique is to say you'll be
attending right up until the day before, then either claim a
mechanical fault (like, for example, losing the key to the shed door)
prevents your attendance, or just not turn up at all and keep a low
aus.moto profile for a couple of weeks.

You're an old hand at that kind of thing, I shouldn't need to tell
YOU! ;-)

BTH

BT Humble
May 24th 07, 11:29 PM
Marty H wrote:
> On May 24, 8:31 pm, BT Humble > wrote:
>
> > The date will be May 3, 2008. Please mark your calendars.
>
> > Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have colonised
> > aus.bicycle (Zebee, Theo, Me, Lemmiwinks, Tex, +anyone else I've
> > forgotten), it seems only fair to invite the aus.bicycle people along
> > as well.
>
> please tell me Lycra is banned...

Don't worry Marty, when your dick drops off from riding a 250 wearing
lycra makes it grow back!

BTH

BT Humble
May 24th 07, 11:33 PM
Aeek wrote:
> On 24 May 2007 05:53:20 -0700, Marty H > wrote:
>
> >please tell me Lycra is banned...
>
> no difference from leathers.

Apart from the abrasion resistance, density, flammability and chemical
composition, by Jove you're right! ;-)

BTH

Bean Long
May 25th 07, 12:17 AM
BT Humble wrote:
> Aeek wrote:
>> On 24 May 2007 05:53:20 -0700, Marty H > wrote:
>>
>>> please tell me Lycra is banned...
>> no difference from leathers.
>
> Apart from the abrasion resistance, density, flammability and chemical
> composition, by Jove you're right! ;-)
>

> BTH

If lycra is banned I might not be up for that longest distance ridden
award! I can't do that distance without lycra!!! :-)

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

BT Humble
May 25th 07, 12:57 AM
Theo Bekkers wrote:
> BT Humble wrote:
> > The date will be May 3, 2008. Please mark your calendars.
>
> > Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have colonised
> > aus.bicycle (Zebee, Theo,
>
> May is an awkward time for me, nothing happening that would get me two weeks
> away from home, the minimum time I would need to attend. And I've been in
> aus.bicycle for ten years or more, not a recent blow-in like you and Zebee.
> :-)

Oh, so you're the squatter saying that your claim to the land is
validated by your longer tenancy now? ;-)

BTH

Marty H
May 25th 07, 01:01 AM
On May 25, 8:29 am, BT Humble > wrote:
> Marty H wrote:
> > On May 24, 8:31 pm, BT Humble > wrote:
>
> > > The date will be May 3, 2008. Please mark your calendars.
>
> > > Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have colonised
> > > aus.bicycle (Zebee, Theo, Me, Lemmiwinks, Tex, +anyone else I've
> > > forgotten), it seems only fair to invite the aus.bicycle people along
> > > as well.
>
> > please tell me Lycra is banned...
>
> Don't worry Marty, when your dick drops off from riding a 250 wearing
> lycra makes it grow back!

I thought 1000cc made it grow back...

thats what salesman told me

mh

Theo Bekkers
May 25th 07, 01:04 AM
BT Humble wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:

>> And I've been in aus.bicycle for ten years or more, not a recent
>> blow-in like you and Zebee. :-)
>
> Oh, so you're the squatter saying that your claim to the land is
> validated by your longer tenancy now? ;-)

Well, it worked for some of our early settlers. Australian that is, not
aus.bicycles.

Theo

BT Humble
May 25th 07, 02:42 AM
Marty H wrote:
> On May 25, 8:29 am, BT Humble > wrote:
> > Don't worry Marty, when your dick drops off from riding a 250 wearing
> > lycra makes it grow back!
>
> I thought 1000cc made it grow back...
>
> thats what salesman told me

Nah, riding a 1000cc just means that you don't notice its absence any
more.

BTH

Iain Chalmers
May 25th 07, 04:38 AM
In article . com>,
BT Humble > wrote:

> Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have colonised
> aus.bicycle (Zebee, Theo, Me, Lemmiwinks, Tex, +anyone else I've
> forgotten), it seems only fair to invite the aus.bicycle people along
> as well.

No giving them the "longest distance per cc" award tho!

(I think you might want to make a whole pile of "hard luck" trophies so
you can give one to everybody who pedals in!)

big (known to lurk in a.b...)

--
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history,
all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled,

BT Humble
May 25th 07, 05:49 AM
Iain Chalmers wrote:
> In article . com>,
> BT Humble > wrote:
>
> > Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have colonised
> > aus.bicycle (Zebee, Theo, Me, Lemmiwinks, Tex, +anyone else I've
> > forgotten), it seems only fair to invite the aus.bicycle people along
> > as well.
>
> No giving them the "longest distance per cc" award tho!
>
> (I think you might want to make a whole pile of "hard luck" trophies so
> you can give one to everybody who pedals in!)

I made a special "Longest Distance (bicycle)" trophy when Aeek said he
was coming, and then he never turned up!

I had to give it to my nieces and nephew, for their frenetic 2 hours
of riding clapped-out bicycles around the paddock. They liked it,
though. ;-)

http://peter-t.smugmug.com/gallery/2807173#149907714

BTH

Moike
May 25th 07, 12:34 PM
BT Humble wrote:
> The date will be May 3, 2008. Please mark your calendars.
>
> Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have colonised
> aus.bicycle (Zebee, Theo, Me, Lemmiwinks, Tex, +anyone else I've
> forgotten), it seems only fair to invite the aus.bicycle people along
> as well.
>
> In short, the Unaugural is an annual gathering of aus.moto people in a
> paddock on my farmlet near Tarago, NSW. Weather permitting, we have a
> bonfire of sufficient size to provide a reasonable simulation of
> Armageddon. There is overnight camping, awards for various
> achievements (such as longest distance travelled to attend), and much
> drinking of alcohol and telling of lies.
>
> Think of it as the best parts of fishing, once one gets rid of all the
> useless folderol of lines, hooks, bait and water. (And fish).
>
> Here are some photos from the most recent event (the 5th Unaugural),
> earlier this month:
>
> http://hok.smugmug.com/gallery/2806294#149827229
> http://www.smallsolar.org/BTH/Unaugural/
> http://Peter-T.smugmug.com
>
> There's even a FAQ, here:
> http://tinyurl.com/2mlbzo
>
> Hoping to see some familiar faces, and some new ones, in 2008!
>

> BTH

Hmmmmm That creates a dilemma. Do I ride the motorcycle or the bicycle?

I think I might be washing my hair that weekend.

Moike

Aeek
May 25th 07, 01:20 PM
On Fri, 25 May 2007 11:34:59 GMT, Moike > wrote:

>Hmmmmm That creates a dilemma. Do I ride the motorcycle or the bicycle?

Ride the bicycle and strap the motorcycle to the rack , or the other
way round if you're not that hard core.

TimC
May 25th 07, 01:40 PM
On 2007-05-25, Moike (aka Bruce)
> BT Humble wrote:
>> Hoping to see some familiar faces, and some new ones, in 2008!

Hmmm, shall have to investigate when I hook up teh interwebz.

> Hmmmmm That creates a dilemma. Do I ride the motorcycle or the bicycle?
>
> I think I might be washing my hair that weekend.

Zebee, where's your picture of the moto towing the moto? And do you
think it would be trivial for the moto to tow the bicycle?

I tried once to tow a bicycle with my bicycle, but it fell apart
miserably. About 1km in to my 12km trip home. Yep, locked the second
one against a pole, and caught the train next day.

--
TimC
You must realize that the computer has it in for you. The irrefutable

smack
May 26th 07, 03:51 AM
In that case, I'll definitely be there.

Alan Pennykid
May 27th 07, 05:49 AM
But do the cyclists get access to the booth?

Al

"BT Humble" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The date will be May 3, 2008. Please mark your calendars.
>
> Given the number of aus.motorcycles people who have colonised
> aus.bicycle (Zebee, Theo, Me, Lemmiwinks, Tex, +anyone else I've
> forgotten), it seems only fair to invite the aus.bicycle people along
> as well.
>
> In short, the Unaugural is an annual gathering of aus.moto people in a
> paddock on my farmlet near Tarago, NSW. Weather permitting, we have a
> bonfire of sufficient size to provide a reasonable simulation of
> Armageddon. There is overnight camping, awards for various
> achievements (such as longest distance travelled to attend), and much
> drinking of alcohol and telling of lies.
>
> Think of it as the best parts of fishing, once one gets rid of all the
> useless folderol of lines, hooks, bait and water. (And fish).
>
> Here are some photos from the most recent event (the 5th Unaugural),
> earlier this month:
>
> http://hok.smugmug.com/gallery/2806294#149827229
> http://www.smallsolar.org/BTH/Unaugural/
> http://Peter-T.smugmug.com
>
> There's even a FAQ, here:
> http://tinyurl.com/2mlbzo
>
> Hoping to see some familiar faces, and some new ones, in 2008!
>

> BTH

BT Humble
May 27th 07, 11:22 PM
Alan Pennykid wrote:
> But do the cyclists get access to the booth?

Most bicycles are also painted, Al.

BTH

bikerbetty
June 1st 07, 11:27 AM
"The Happy Drunk" > wrote in
message ...

> I will be there,........
>
> almost a year should give me heaps of time to think of a piking exuse.

Don't you dare!!!!!

betty

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home