PDA

View Full Version : As promised..

cfsmtb[_212_]
May 24th 07, 03:08 PM
Had another twiddle with the usb cable, so here's pics of the newly
powdercoated RED Steed.

The kitchen. The most obvious place to put a frame.
http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010100a.jpg

Small but almost perfectly formed.
http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010105a.jpg

Posing demurely.
http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010107a.jpg

Posing again.
http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010108a.jpg

While outside Pellegrini's on Saturday arvo, Rooman mentioned some
smartypants remark about leaving the Steed out in the rain to see if
the frame would grow. Sorry mate, it's a 41cm frame and remaining that
size. ;)

As with most unfinished Projects, the Steed is awaiting further bike
p0rn 'accoutrements' subject to stringent budget restrictions.
Unfortunately the fleeting dalliance with barend shifters and Salsa
cyclo-cross levers hasn’t worked out and I will probably commit a
serious crime against nature by utilising flat bar integrated shifters
with bull horns.

And this wasn't a decision taken lightly, as I've also had crack at
several other combinations, including Kelly Take-offs for the original
downtube shifters. Oh well, it's my bike & I'll do want I want.
Including a uber trendy purple-anodised 24T in the triple, courtesy of
Abbotsford Cycles. ;)

--
cfsmtb

Jules
May 24th 07, 11:05 PM
That is HAWWWT. Nice!

cfsmtb wrote:
> Had another twiddle with the usb cable, so here's pics of the newly
> powdercoated RED Steed.
>
> The kitchen. The most obvious place to put a frame.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010100a.jpg
>
> Small but almost perfectly formed.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010105a.jpg
>
> Posing demurely.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010107a.jpg
>
> Posing again.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010108a.jpg
>
> While outside Pellegrini's on Saturday arvo, Rooman mentioned some
> smartypants remark about leaving the Steed out in the rain to see if
> the frame would grow. Sorry mate, it's a 41cm frame and remaining that
> size. ;)
>
> As with most unfinished Projects, the Steed is awaiting further bike
> p0rn 'accoutrements' subject to stringent budget restrictions.
> Unfortunately the fleeting dalliance with barend shifters and Salsa
> cyclo-cross levers hasn’t worked out and I will probably commit a
> serious crime against nature by utilising flat bar integrated shifters
> with bull horns.
>
> And this wasn't a decision taken lightly, as I've also had crack at
> several other combinations, including Kelly Take-offs for the original
> downtube shifters. Oh well, it's my bike & I'll do want I want.
> Including a uber trendy purple-anodised 24T in the triple, courtesy of
> Abbotsford Cycles. ;)

DaveH
May 24th 07, 11:27 PM
The PAUL thumb conversion for barends worked for me. . .

http://www.paulcomp.com/thumbrd.html

But shouldn't that style of ride be fixed :-)

Dave

"cfsmtb" > wrote in message

> Had another twiddle with the usb cable, so here's pics of the newly
> powdercoated RED Steed.
>
> The kitchen. The most obvious place to put a frame.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010100a.jpg
>
> Small but almost perfectly formed.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010105a.jpg
>
> Posing demurely.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010107a.jpg
>
> Posing again.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010108a.jpg
>
> While outside Pellegrini's on Saturday arvo, Rooman mentioned some
> smartypants remark about leaving the Steed out in the rain to see if
> the frame would grow. Sorry mate, it's a 41cm frame and remaining that
> size. ;)
>
> As with most unfinished Projects, the Steed is awaiting further bike
> p0rn 'accoutrements' subject to stringent budget restrictions.
> Unfortunately the fleeting dalliance with barend shifters and Salsa
> cyclo-cross levers hasn't worked out and I will probably commit a
> serious crime against nature by utilising flat bar integrated shifters
> with bull horns.
>
> And this wasn't a decision taken lightly, as I've also had crack at
> several other combinations, including Kelly Take-offs for the original
> downtube shifters. Oh well, it's my bike & I'll do want I want.
> Including a uber trendy purple-anodised 24T in the triple, courtesy of
> Abbotsford Cycles. ;)
>

> --
> cfsmtb

BT Humble
May 24th 07, 11:51 PM
cfsmtb wrote:
> Had another twiddle with the usb cable, so here's pics of the newly
> powdercoated RED Steed.
>
> The kitchen. The most obvious place to put a frame.http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010100a.jpg
>
> Small but almost perfectly formed.http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010105a.jpg
>
> Posing demurely.http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010107a.jpg
>
> Posing again.http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010108a.jpg

Mmm, that's rather pretty!

Tell me, why are people so obsessed with the Ace of Spades?
Personally, I think the five of diamonds has a sweet charm all of its
own! ;-)

BTH

cfsmtb[_213_]
May 25th 07, 01:29 AM
BT Humble Wrote:

> Tell me, why are people so obsessed with the Ace of Spades?
> Personally, I think the five of diamonds has a sweet charm all of its
> own! ;-)

Motorhead circa 1980. It was a formative life experience. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqtNGkSzh1o

FYI it's an a.b spokecard, ask nicely and I'll laminate (free) one for
you, or you can go DIY.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51035538080@N01/127408955/.

--
cfsmtb

BT Humble
May 25th 07, 02:40 AM
cfsmtb wrote:
> BT Humble Wrote:
> > Tell me, why are people so obsessed with the Ace of Spades?
> > Personally, I think the five of diamonds has a sweet charm all of its
> > own! ;-)
>
> Motorhead circa 1980. It was a formative life experience. ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqtNGkSzh1o
>
> FYI it's an a.b spokecard, ask nicely and I'll laminate (free) one for
> you, or you can go DIY.http://www.flickr.com/photos/51035538080@N01/127408955/.

Well, it's OK, but it's no five of diamonds... ;-)

BTH

Theo Bekkers
May 25th 07, 02:51 AM
BT Humble wrote:

> Well, it's OK, but it's no five of diamonds... ;-)

The five of diamonds does have an elegance of simplicity and symmetry
unmatched by the other numbers and suits.

Theo

OzCableguy
May 25th 07, 02:53 AM
"cfsmtb" > wrote in message

> Had another twiddle with the usb cable, so here's pics of the newly
> powdercoated RED Steed.

Sweet!

PiledHigher
May 25th 07, 04:19 AM
On May 25, 8:51 am, BT Humble > wrote:

> Tell me, why are people so obsessed with the Ace of Spades?

Well they did have that catchy song, All that she wants!

Brendo
May 25th 07, 04:32 AM
On May 25, 11:19 am, PiledHigher > wrote:
> On May 25, 8:51 am, BT Humble > wrote:
>
> > Tell me, why are people so obsessed with the Ace of Spades?
>
> Well they did have that catchy song, All that she wants!

I'm preparing for a barrage of ridicule, but wasn't that Ace of Base??
I do recall (from much Young Ones watching) that Motorhead had a track
called Ace of Spades.

Brendo

PiledHigher
May 25th 07, 05:11 AM
On May 25, 1:32 pm, Brendo > wrote:
> On May 25, 11:19 am, PiledHigher > wrote:
>
> > On May 25, 8:51 am, BT Humble > wrote:
>
> > > Tell me, why are people so obsessed with the Ace of Spades?
>
> > Well they did have that catchy song, All that she wants!
>
> I'm preparing for a barrage of ridicule, but wasn't that Ace of Base??
> I do recall (from much Young Ones watching) that Motorhead had a track
> called Ace of Spades.
>
> Brendo

Brendo, google is your friend, I was taking the **** as I would be
v.surprised if they were really cfsmtb's style of a band!

cfsmtb[_214_]
May 25th 07, 05:53 AM
PiledHigher Wrote:

> Brendo, google is your friend, I was taking the **** as I would be
> v.surprised if they were really cfsmtb's style of a band!

Eurotrash pop! Woohoo!

Nah I really prefer Lemmy any day. Actually his latest outfit "The Head
Cat" is rather good methinks. Well it would be, considering Slim Jim is
on double bass.

BTW - keep those orders flooding in for the limited edition a.b spoke
cards. Our friendly staff have been knocked off their feet following up
all the enquiries. Huge huge discounts for multiple orders. We'll even
throw in a free blob of blu-tac for the radial spoked-challenged.

(sorry, Surprise Spruiker appeared in there somewhere. They're free,
just email if you what a few, telstarATcfsmtb.net)

--
cfsmtb

MikeyOz[_69_]
May 25th 07, 06:49 AM
My god..!!! how short are you !!?? :)

--
MikeyOz

PiledHigher
May 25th 07, 06:58 AM
On May 25, 3:49 pm, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2r4...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> My god..!!! how short are you !!?? :)
>
> --
> MikeyOz

Safely said over the internets!

I don't think I would say that to cfsmtbs face.

Dave
May 25th 07, 07:08 AM
On Thu, 24 May 2007 22:58:48 -0700, PiledHigher wrote:

> I don't think I would say that to cfsmtbs face.

Of course not. You can't run away when you're kneeling.

(is 800km enough to keep me safe?)

--
Dave Hughes |
We're standing there pounding a dead parrot on the counter, and the

Bean Long
May 25th 07, 07:15 AM
MikeyOz wrote:
> My god..!!! how short are you !!?? :)

based on previous posts, my guess is that cfsmtb is 155 cm tall?? Looks
like an appropriate set-up :-)

Also, being of similar stature I prefer the question to be couched
thus... "how TALL are you?". It's not as though I'd measure someone
from six foot DOWN! :-)

(I say six foot cos anything taller than that is just plain wrong!)

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Graeme Dods
May 25th 07, 07:20 AM
On May 25, 2:15 pm, Bean Long > wrote:
> MikeyOz wrote:
> > My god..!!! how short are you !!?? :)
>
> based on previous posts, my guess is that cfsmtb is 155 cm tall?? Looks
> like an appropriate set-up :-)
>
> Also, being of similar stature I prefer the question to be couched
> thus... "how TALL are you?". It's not as though I'd measure someone
> from six foot DOWN! :-)
>
> (I say six foot cos anything taller than that is just plain wrong!)

Oi! I may be plain and often wrong, but I'm not both! Shorty!

:-)

Graeme

cfsmtb[_216_]
May 25th 07, 07:36 AM
Bean Long Wrote:

> based on previous posts, my guess is that cfsmtb is 155 cm tall??
> Looks
> like an appropriate set-up :-)

Correct. BTW, numerous wonderful people are 5'1', like Bette Midler,
Iggy Pop, Kylie ..

--
cfsmtb

Donga
May 25th 07, 07:48 AM
On May 25, 4:08 pm, "Dave" > wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2007 22:58:48 -0700, PiledHigher wrote:
> > I don't think I would say that to cfsmtbs face.
>
> Of course not. You can't run away when you're kneeling.
>
> (is 800km enough to keep me safe?)

Question: Is it called a "slap down" when delivered by a person two
feet shorter?

MikeyOz[_71_]
May 25th 07, 08:04 AM
Donga Wrote:
> On May 25, 4:08 pm, "Dave" > wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 May 2007 22:58:48 -0700, PiledHigher wrote:
> > > I don't think I would say that to cfsmtbs face.
> >
> > Of course not. You can't run away when you're kneeling.
> >
> > (is 800km enough to keep me safe?)
>

> Question: Is it called a "slap down" when delivered by a person two
> feet shorter?

Definately would be a slap up! But I didn't say there was anything
wrong with being short, I was just asking.... :) With some exclamations
as the end of the question.

My mother is 5'1....... Fantastic person!!

Very nice Bike as well, by the way......

--
MikeyOz

Bean Long
May 25th 07, 08:34 AM
Graeme Dods wrote:
> On May 25, 2:15 pm, Bean Long > wrote:
>> MikeyOz wrote:
>>> My god..!!! how short are you !!?? :)
>> based on previous posts, my guess is that cfsmtb is 155 cm tall?? Looks
>> like an appropriate set-up :-)
>>
>> Also, being of similar stature I prefer the question to be couched
>> thus... "how TALL are you?". It's not as though I'd measure someone
>> from six foot DOWN! :-)
>>
>> (I say six foot cos anything taller than that is just plain wrong!)
>
> Oi! I may be plain and often wrong, but I'm not both! Shorty!
>
> :-)
>
> Graeme

I can go home now... I've reached my "upset a big person" tally for the
day!!! :-)

Which brings me to another issue... It's interesting that I've probably
been called Shorty more times than I've had hot dinners, but out of
interest, have you ever been called Tally (or is that Talley)?

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

TimC
May 25th 07, 09:00 AM
On 2007-05-24, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

> Had another twiddle with the usb cable, so here's pics of the newly
> powdercoated RED Steed.
>
> The kitchen. The most obvious place to put a frame.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010100a.jpg
>
> Small but almost perfectly formed.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010105a.jpg
>
> Posing demurely.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010107a.jpg
>
> Posing again.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010108a.jpg
>
> While outside Pellegrini's on Saturday arvo, Rooman mentioned some
> smartypants remark about leaving the Steed out in the rain to see if
> the frame would grow. Sorry mate, it's a 41cm frame and remaining that
> size. ;)

I didn't know you could get kids bike sized bullhorns!

<ducks>!

--
TimC
"32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an

DaveH
May 25th 07, 09:38 AM
I think that is "lofty" :-)

"Bean Long" > wrote in message
> Graeme Dods wrote:
>>> based on previous posts, my guess is that cfsmtb is 155 cm tall?? Looks
>>> like an appropriate set-up :-)
>>>
>>> Also, being of similar stature I prefer the question to be couched
>>> thus... "how TALL are you?". It's not as though I'd measure someone
>>> from six foot DOWN! :-)
>>>
>>> (I say six foot cos anything taller than that is just plain wrong!)
>>
>> Oi! I may be plain and often wrong, but I'm not both! Shorty!
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> Graeme
>>

> I can go home now... I've reached my "upset a big person" tally for the
> day!!! :-)
>
> Which brings me to another issue... It's interesting that I've probably
> been called Shorty more times than I've had hot dinners, but out of
> interest, have you ever been called Tally (or is that Talley)?
>
> --
> Bean
>
> Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Resound[_2_]
May 25th 07, 10:47 AM
"PiledHigher" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On May 25, 3:49 pm, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2r4...@no-
> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
>> My god..!!! how short are you !!?? :)
>>
>> --
>> MikeyOz
>
> Safely said over the internets!
>
> I don't think I would say that to cfsmtbs face.

You wouldn't need to, you could judge for yourself.

Resound[_2_]
May 25th 07, 10:50 AM
That's very red. Are those spokey-dokes on the front wheel? Me likey lots.

"cfsmtb" > wrote in message

> Had another twiddle with the usb cable, so here's pics of the newly
> powdercoated RED Steed.
>
> The kitchen. The most obvious place to put a frame.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010100a.jpg
>
> Small but almost perfectly formed.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010105a.jpg
>
> Posing demurely.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010107a.jpg
>
> Posing again.
> http://www.cfsmtb.net/images/P1010108a.jpg
>
> While outside Pellegrini's on Saturday arvo, Rooman mentioned some
> smartypants remark about leaving the Steed out in the rain to see if
> the frame would grow. Sorry mate, it's a 41cm frame and remaining that
> size. ;)
>
> As with most unfinished Projects, the Steed is awaiting further bike
> p0rn 'accoutrements' subject to stringent budget restrictions.
> Unfortunately the fleeting dalliance with barend shifters and Salsa
> cyclo-cross levers hasn't worked out and I will probably commit a
> serious crime against nature by utilising flat bar integrated shifters
> with bull horns.
>
> And this wasn't a decision taken lightly, as I've also had crack at
> several other combinations, including Kelly Take-offs for the original
> downtube shifters. Oh well, it's my bike & I'll do want I want.
> Including a uber trendy purple-anodised 24T in the triple, courtesy of
> Abbotsford Cycles. ;)
>

> --
> cfsmtb

Parbs
May 25th 07, 10:59 AM
Resound wrote:
> That's very red. Are those spokey-dokes on the front wheel? Me likey lots.

And the back.

Very nice.

Parbs - not ready to reveal his new ride yet

cfsmtb[_217_]
May 25th 07, 11:21 AM
Resound Wrote:
> That's very red. Are those spokey-dokes on the front wheel? Me likey
> lots.

Yes they are spokey-dokes, every road bike should have them.

The slap down/ slap up issue intrigues me somewhat. The sobering fact
is that you tall(er) folk don't realise how vulerable you actually are.
Case in point, in a previous life, a chap I was going out with was 6'3.
To cut a long story short, he once annoyed me to the extent where a
"pretendy" headbutt was possibly required. That scared the crap out of
him. And another thing, tall folk are the perfect height for the Five
Fingers of Death, otherwise known as a squirrel grip. Quite a handy
tactic in club & pubs when some drunk fkwt won't leave you alone.

Never fear though I've left all of that behind now. And don't short
folk make terrific hill climbers? Oh yes, the Steed has CF forks ;)

--
cfsmtb

TimC
May 25th 07, 01:34 PM
On 2007-05-25, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

> Resound Wrote:
>> That's very red. Are those spokey-dokes on the front wheel? Me likey
>> lots.
>
> Yes they are spokey-dokes, every road bike should have them.
>
> The slap down/ slap up issue intrigues me somewhat. The sobering fact
> is that you tall(er) folk don't realise how vulerable you actually are.

Oooh, I don't know that Resound is taller than you :)

C'mon, a stand-up-straight-against-each-other's-backs competition is
order next Goatage. I just wish I could attend and drink said goat.

I've got an observer coming up in 2 weeks from my old Melbournian
institution. I've asked her to bring up some goat (she's a hotty too.
She's also short and cute), but she's brought up that old "but it's
liquid. I'll be pulled up by airport security for being a terrorist"
issue. Foiled. Again.

> Case in point, in a previous life, a chap I was going out with was 6'3.
> To cut a long story short, he once annoyed me to the extent where a
> "pretendy" headbutt was possibly required. That scared the crap out of
> him.

Groinal region?

Fogive me. I am durnk. I am slow at understanding these things.

> Never fear though I've left all of that behind now. And don't short
> folk make terrific hill climbers? Oh yes, the Steed has CF forks ;)

I think I have still trumped JonoL at the flying 200. Us
featherweight-got-to-be-careful-not-to-stand-out-in-the-wind folk have
definitely got something in the acceleration stakes. Not that JonoL
is exactly heavyweight.

--
TimC
FORTRAN is a good example of a language which is easier to parse

Resound[_2_]
May 25th 07, 01:58 PM
"TimC" > wrote in message
> On 2007-05-25, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
>>
>> Resound Wrote:
>>> That's very red. Are those spokey-dokes on the front wheel? Me likey
>>> lots.
>>
>> Yes they are spokey-dokes, every road bike should have them.
>>
>> The slap down/ slap up issue intrigues me somewhat. The sobering fact
>> is that you tall(er) folk don't realise how vulerable you actually are.
>
> Oooh, I don't know that Resound is taller than you :)
>
> C'mon, a stand-up-straight-against-each-other's-backs competition is
> order next Goatage. I just wish I could attend and drink said goat.

When is the next Goat gathering? It's been far too long.

TimC
May 25th 07, 02:18 PM
On 2007-05-25, Resound (aka Bruce)

> "TimC" > wrote in message
>> On 2007-05-25, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>>> The slap down/ slap up issue intrigues me somewhat. The sobering fact
>>> is that you tall(er) folk don't realise how vulerable you actually are.
>>
>> Oooh, I don't know that Resound is taller than you :)

No comment? ;)

>> C'mon, a stand-up-straight-against-each-other's-backs competition is
>> order next Goatage. I just wish I could attend and drink said goat.
>
> When is the next Goat gathering? It's been far too long.

I still get the email reminder every couple of weeks on the yahoo
group, and keep thinking "bugger". That and the sat morning Belgian
Beer Cafe rides that I never did get a chance to participate in.

Damn one track mind. Beer. Beer. Beer. Leffe Brune. Beer.
Trappist Beers. Beer. Beer. Mmmmm.

--
TimC
Did you know that in German, Usenet bulletin boards are called

Resound[_2_]
May 26th 07, 01:25 AM
"TimC" > wrote in message
> On 2007-05-25, Resound (aka Bruce)
>>
>> "TimC" > wrote in
>> message
>>> On 2007-05-25, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
>>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
>>>
>>> Oooh, I don't know that Resound is taller than you :)
>
> No comment? ;)
>
>>> C'mon, a stand-up-straight-against-each-other's-backs competition is
>>> order next Goatage. I just wish I could attend and drink said goat.
>>
>> When is the next Goat gathering? It's been far too long.
>
> I still get the email reminder every couple of weeks on the yahoo
> group, and keep thinking "bugger". That and the sat morning Belgian
> Beer Cafe rides that I never did get a chance to participate in.
>
> Damn one track mind. Beer. Beer. Beer. Leffe Brune. Beer.
> Trappist Beers. Beer. Beer. Mmmmm.

I must say that I've developed a fondness for the chewier Belgian beers such
as Leffe (pretty much any variant) particularly now that the weather's
turned chillier.

cfsmtb[_219_]
May 26th 07, 10:31 AM
Resound Wrote:

> I must say that I've developed a fondness for the chewier Belgian beers
> such
> as Leffe (pretty much any variant) particularly now that the weather's
> turned chillier.

Cheeky stuff that Leffe, i.e.: two or three is ok, but have about four
and it's whoops-a-daisy time when getting up from the bench... Most
enquire at the Land of Goat if the Surefoot Stout is making a return
soon-ish. I recall a memorial outing PubBUG made to the RRR Community
Cup (circa 2005) where the Goat Tent ran out of "normal" beer and were
reduced to selling nothing but Surefoot. For us punters it was harsh
job, but we bravely stepped up to the mark.

And a good time was had by all.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63757337@N00/22047511/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63757337@N00/22048694/in/photostream//

Speaking of quality bier, I'm currently quaffing a exquisite Dark Ale
courtesy of the household masterbrewer. After a long day of bike
nerdage, it doesn't get better than this. ;)

--
cfsmtb

Graeme Dods
May 27th 07, 03:59 PM
On May 25, 3:34 pm, Bean Long > wrote:

> Which brings me to another issue... It's interesting that I've probably
> been called Shorty more times than I've had hot dinners,

You really should get your microwave fixed then :-)

> but out of
> interest, have you ever been called Tally (or is that Talley)?

I can't remember hearing that one. Lanky, lofty, bean pole (far less
fitting these days as I've, ahem, broadened a little) and many more
that I don't remember. They're rarely original and always ignored. The
most original remark I had was earlier this year when I was buying a
present in a shop in Shanghai. The woman behind the counter held up a
calculator with 192 on it. At first I thought it was part of the
haggling process but then realised it was her guess at my height. She
was a few cm on the generous side, but it was a pretty good guess.

Graeme

Bean Long
May 28th 07, 12:00 AM
Graeme Dods wrote:

> The woman behind the counter held up a
> calculator with 192 on it. At first I thought it was part of the
> haggling process but then realised it was her guess at my height. She
> was a few cm on the generous side, but it was a pretty good guess.
^^^^^^^^
Oh, you mean your taller than 192! :-)

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Theo Bekkers
May 28th 07, 12:39 AM
Bean Long wrote:
> MikeyOz wrote:
>> My god..!!! how short are you !!?? :)

> based on previous posts, my guess is that cfsmtb is 155 cm tall??

My daughter claims to be 5 foot, but she is really 4' 11 1/2".

A guy who works for us is 6' 3", his brother is 6' 4", his mum and dad are
both 6' 2". His wife is about 5' 3" or 4"

Theo

Graeme Dods
May 28th 07, 05:50 AM
Bean Long wrote:
> Graeme Dods wrote:
>
> > The woman behind the counter held up a
> > calculator with 192 on it. At first I thought it was part of the
> > haggling process but then realised it was her guess at my height. She
> > was a few cm on the generous side, but it was a pretty good guess.
> ^^^^^^^^
> Oh, you mean your taller than 192! :-)

:D

Nah, I'm not *that* freaky (well, in height aspect at least). I'm 6'2"
and a bit, but we've been told that my 3 year old son, if he follows
the standard growth rates, will be somewhere around 6'7". My wife
bought him a basketball and hoop for Christmas :-)

Graeme

Bean Long
May 28th 07, 06:21 AM
Graeme Dods wrote:
> Bean Long wrote:
>> Graeme Dods wrote:
>>
>>> The woman behind the counter held up a
>>> calculator with 192 on it. At first I thought it was part of the
>>> haggling process but then realised it was her guess at my height. She
>>> was a few cm on the generous side, but it was a pretty good guess.
>> ^^^^^^^^
>> Oh, you mean your taller than 192! :-)
>
> :D
>
> Nah, I'm not *that* freaky (well, in height aspect at least). I'm 6'2"
> and a bit, but we've been told that my 3 year old son, if he follows
> the standard growth rates, will be somewhere around 6'7". My wife
> bought him a basketball and hoop for Christmas :-)
>
> Graeme

Yeah, we did the height at age 2 thing for both of ours. My wife and I
are about the same height (160-165 cm - ~5'4") but number 1 will be over
6 foot by the "height" measure while number 2 will be just under my
height. I am assured they are both my children!! :-)

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like