PDA

View Full Version : New bike

Resound[_2_]
May 25th 07, 11:09 AM
Ok, it's not new. Actually I'd guess it's approaching 40 years old if not
more. Old Raleigh 3spd. Sturmey Archer hub, "robust" frame steel rims and so
on. Cost me $35. I can leave it locked up at Reservoir train station without
fear for its safety. It's not fast, it's definitely not shiny but it's
rather fun. Photos to come when I get around to it.

cfsmtb[_218_]
May 25th 07, 11:23 AM
Resound Wrote:
> Photos to come when I get around to it.

Oh you cheap tease.

--
cfsmtb

Resound[_2_]
May 25th 07, 12:10 PM
"cfsmtb" > wrote in message

> Resound Wrote:
>> Photos to come when I get around to it.
>
> Oh you cheap tease.

I try to stick to my strengths.

Resound[_2_]
May 27th 07, 06:27 AM
"cfsmtb" > wrote in message

> Resound Wrote:
>> Photos to come when I get around to it.
>
> Oh you cheap tease.
>

> --
> cfsmtb

Ok, here it is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sacredchao/

cfsmtb[_222_]
May 27th 07, 09:01 AM
Resound Wrote:

> Ok, here it is.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sacredchao/Chain guards! Cottered cranks! Phhhoooaaarrrrr!

Mind you, the rear dyno hub has gandered my interest, as the Lawrencia
has a front dyno hub.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51035538080@N01/41412789/in/set-908569/

--
cfsmtb

Resound[_2_]
May 27th 07, 01:52 PM
"cfsmtb" > wrote in message

> Resound Wrote:
>>

>> Ok, here it is.
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sacredchao/Chain guards! Cottered cranks!
>> Phhhoooaaarrrrr!
>
> Mind you, the rear dyno hub has gandered my interest, as the Lawrencia
> has a front dyno hub.
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/51035538080@N01/41412789/in/set-908569/

Cottered cranks were neither here nor there, but I did actually want a chain
guard so that I could ride it without having to worry about chain grease
smeared up the inside of the RH pants leg. It's going to be pressed in
commute service tomorrow as I noticed today that the OCR has broken one
spoke and unthreaded another on the rear wheel. I suspect I won't be
breaking any records but it can't be any slower than commuting on a MTB.

cfsmtb[_223_]
May 27th 07, 02:22 PM
cfsmtb Wrote:

> >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sacredchao/Chain guards! Cottered
> cranks!

Sod it, going back to the basic CF edit box & ditching the WYSIWYG
editor. This is a text msg, this is a test msg...

--
cfsmtb

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home