PDA

View Full Version : entry level carbon frame bikes?

catzz66
May 25th 07, 10:07 PM
Looking at Specialized, it appears to be the Roubaix Elite. I don't
know much about Trek. Thinking of getting my feet wet and trying to get
one or trade for one. Any recommendations?

sally
May 26th 07, 12:12 AM
catzz66 > wrote in news:5bp1haF2s1l8aU1
@mid.individual.net:
> Looking at Specialized, it appears to be the Roubaix Elite. I don't
> know much about Trek. Thinking of getting my feet wet and trying to get
> one or trade for one. Any recommendations?

Specialized, Giant, and Trek all make very good, widely available,
moderately-priced carbon bikes. The best one for you depends a lot on what
fits you the best and what you plan on doing with it.

Michael Warner[_2_]
May 26th 07, 03:06 AM
On Fri, 25 May 2007 16:07:53 -0500, catzz66 wrote:

> Looking at Specialized, it appears to be the Roubaix Elite. I don't
> know much about Trek. Thinking of getting my feet wet and trying to get
> one or trade for one. Any recommendations?

There are quite a few decent, cheap carbon bikes around, and it's more
important to get one that the shop fits you to properly and backs up with
good service. Trek and Specialized are both overpriced here in Australia;
until recently Giant got the lion's share of the low-end carbon market, but
they have some stiff competition from the likes of Felt now.

catzz66
May 27th 07, 10:29 PM
Michael Warner wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2007 16:07:53 -0500, catzz66 wrote:
>

>>Looking at Specialized, it appears to be the Roubaix Elite. I don't
>>know much about Trek. Thinking of getting my feet wet and trying to get
>>one or trade for one. Any recommendations?
>

> There are quite a few decent, cheap carbon bikes around, and it's more
> important to get one that the shop fits you to properly and backs up with
> good service. Trek and Specialized are both overpriced here in Australia;
> until recently Giant got the lion's share of the low-end carbon market, but
> they have some stiff competition from the likes of Felt now.

Thanks. I'm working with a shop. I'll probably just stick with the
brand I know.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home