PDA

View Full Version : BR Tomorrow??

Gags
May 26th 07, 10:28 AM
Anyone up for the BR ride tomorrow morning??? Looks like it will be a
cracker of a day!!

I have been pretty busy for the last couple of months but will finally be
able to make it tomorrow. If anyone is interested I will aim to be at the
usual start point at 0720h or so and will leave at 0730h.

Gags

gplama[_119_]
May 26th 07, 10:52 AM
Gags Wrote:
> Anyone up for the BR ride tomorrow morning??? Looks like it will be a
> cracker of a day!!
>
> I have been pretty busy for the last couple of months but will finally
> be
> able to make it tomorrow. If anyone is interested I will aim to be at
> the
> usual start point at 0720h or so and will leave at 0730h.
>
> Gags

I had lunch at Smiths Gully today on my way out to Yarra Glen to watch
the DeBortil race... 127km solo in the sunshine!

Planning to do lunch at Smiths Gully tomorrow... the race goes past
Smiths Gully store at around 11:30am.. then heading home via Clintons
Rd to catch the race on the return leg when they're shooting down
Eltham-YarraGlen Rd.

--
gplama

Gags
May 26th 07, 11:50 AM
"gplama" > wrote in message

> I had lunch at Smiths Gully today on my way out to Yarra Glen to watch
> the DeBortil race... 127km solo in the sunshine!
>
> Planning to do lunch at Smiths Gully tomorrow... the race goes past
> Smiths Gully store at around 11:30am.. then heading home via Clintons
> Rd to catch the race on the return leg when they're shooting down
> Eltham-YarraGlen Rd.

Lucky you.....I got to ride about 3km or so with the kids to swimming
lessons this morning and then got to spend the rest of the day hanging
washing out on the line and removing some trees from the garden. I was
thinking all day how good it would have been to be out on a ride......only
hope that the weather is as good tomorrow.

Hadn't even heard about this race - how many competitors??

Gags

gplama[_120_]
May 26th 07, 12:00 PM

heaps! more info here.. http://dbtour07.aboc.net.au/ and here
http://www.vic.cycling.org.au/

--
gplama

essendon93[_19_]
May 26th 07, 02:35 PM
gplama Wrote:
> I had lunch at Smiths Gully today on my way out to Yarra Glen to watch
> the DeBortil race... 127km solo in the sunshine!
>
> Planning to do lunch at Smiths Gully tomorrow... the race goes past
> Smiths Gully store at around 11:30am.. then heading home via Clintons
> Rd to catch the race on the return leg when they're shooting down
> Eltham-YarraGlen Rd.I might join you for lunch. I was intending to catch some of the race
tomorrow. Did BR route today in the arvo...man am I outta shape.

--
essendon93

gplama[_121_]
May 26th 07, 10:59 PM
essendon93 Wrote:
> I might join you for lunch. I was intending to catch some of the race
> tomorrow. Did BR route today in the arvo...man am I outta shape.

Update: Jaywoo and I are heading to Kinglake... departing Kew junction
at 8:30am - very easy pace... hoping to hit KL to watch the race pass
through at 11am..... depending on how we're felling, we may shoot down
the hill, then down Clintons Rd, then back up to Kangaroo Ground.

Gimme an sms if ya read this.. if not, I'll shoot you one with the
above plans a little later (I can't interrupt your beauty sleep!) :)

--
gplama

gplama[_122_]
May 27th 07, 05:13 AM
nice ride.. apart from that WIND... 68km/h gusts at Kinglake!! Made for
an ok home trip, but it was a little blustery.

Was that a Gags I spotted near Panton Hill heading back towards the
city? It would have been around 9:30ish.. it was a tall bugger on a
tall bike! :)

--
gplama

Rory Williams[_14_]
May 27th 07, 05:43 AM
gplama Wrote:
> nice ride.. apart from that WIND... 68km/h gusts at Kinglake!! Made for
> an ok home trip, but it was a little blustery.
>
> Was that a Gags I spotted near Panton Hill heading back towards the
> city? It would have been around 9:30ish.. it was a tall bugger on a
> tall bike! :)

I met up with Gags at the shopping town and he was kind enough to
accompany me round to Kangaroo Ground. A lovely sunrise but a fair bit
of sun glare in several places. a combination of glare and traffic led
to an excursion into the (dirt) spoon drain on the run into Warrandyte
then a flat on the climb was not appreciated. Gags went on up the
Eltham-Yarra Glen Rd while I departed the route down to Wattle Glen as
I am both more than a bit underdone, and family commitments call. 78km
for the day in lovely weather and the brisk northerly was well
appreciated on the climb up the windy mile.

RoryW

--
Rory Williams

Jono L[_26_]
May 27th 07, 07:28 AM
gplama Wrote:
> nice ride.. apart from that WIND... 68km/h gusts at Kinglake!! Made for
> an ok home trip, but it was a little blustery.

You're telling me!:eek:

--
Jono L

Bleve
May 27th 07, 09:03 AM
On May 27, 2:13 pm, gplama <gplama.2r8...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> nice ride.. apart from that WIND... 68km/h gusts at Kinglake!! Made for
> an ok home trip, but it was a little blustery.

Did you get your shotglass home safely?

gplama[_123_]
May 27th 07, 09:32 AM
Bleve Wrote:

> Did you get your shotglass home safely?

haha, yep! thanks for that, coolest ever! It was very strange being
approached by someone in motorbike gear bearing gifts... and not
wanting something in return *argh, happy place, happy place* heheheh
;)

cheers,
lama

--
gplama

Bleve
May 27th 07, 10:26 AM
On May 27, 6:32 pm, gplama <gplama.2r8...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
>

> > Did you get your shotglass home safely?
>
> haha, yep! thanks for that, coolest ever! It was very strange being
> approached by someone in motorbike gear bearing gifts... and not
> wanting something in return *argh, happy place, happy place* heheheh
> ;)

I will get my pound of flesh :)

1200 photos for the w'end ... *phew*

www.debortolitour.com/gallery

be patient, my DSL link is melting at the moment...

(some good shots of Jono in there ....)

Bleve
May 27th 07, 10:27 AM
On May 27, 4:28 pm, Jono L <Jono.L.2r8...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> gplama Wrote:> nice ride.. apart from that WIND... 68km/h gusts at Kinglake!! Made for
> > an ok home trip, but it was a little blustery.
>
> You're telling me!:eek:

It was a handful on the VFR too ... I hope I didn't get too close to
you overtaking up the hills!

Jono L[_27_]
May 27th 07, 11:00 AM
Yeh, some great photo's. Thanks Bleve.

Any idea on the results for the TT?

BTW, whoever organised the weather did a good job.

--
Jono L

Gags
May 27th 07, 11:08 AM
"gplama" > wrote in message

> nice ride.. apart from that WIND... 68km/h gusts at Kinglake!! Made for
> an ok home trip, but it was a little blustery.
>
> Was that a Gags I spotted near Panton Hill heading back towards the
> city? It would have been around 9:30ish.. it was a tall bugger on a
> tall bike! :)

Pretty sure it was me....I went past two guys and thought "that looks like
llama" did you have a red Saeco jersey on??

After Rory turned off at Kangaroo Ground I did a solo Clinton's Rd and then
stopped in at Smith's gully for a coffee. Ended up chatting to a group of
mountain bikers who were there.....one of them was a guy I had run into at
the bottom of Burgundy St one arvo when I was on my Eddy Merckx and he was
on a SS roadie. Anyway, he had recently passed on my story to the guys he
was with about how I had upgraded from 8 spd Sora to 10spd Chorus/Record for
$80 and scored an Eddy Merckx at the same time - small world!!! I ended up
giving the guy my details and I am probably going to join them for a
mountain bike ride up there one Sunday - should be fun.

I then decided to go the short way home and so I headed straight back
through Kangaroo Ground, Eltham, and then cut up the back way past the
Rosanna Golf Course to Viewbank. Tailwind coming home was fantastic and I
was pretty well hooking along. I went past one big bunch of about 12 or so
guys and a couple of solo riders......kept expecting someone to grab a wheel
but it never happened. Got home at about 1020h or so after 85km at an avg
speed of 29km/h (as I said, the trip home was very quick and I was sitting
on 40km/h on most of the flats).

Beautiful day to be out on the bike. How did the race go GP??

Gags

gplama[_124_]
May 27th 07, 11:21 AM
Gags Wrote:

> Pretty sure it was me....I went past two guys and thought "that looks
> like
> llama" did you have a red Saeco jersey on??
>
> Beautiful day to be out on the bike. How did the race go GP??
>
> Gags

That was me and Jaywoo... the race was a good watch (I was playing
spectator), not sure about the results... they'll be posted somewhere
tomorrow I'd assume.

JonoL was out there in the mix and might give us some headsup on the
results...

--
gplama

Bleve
May 27th 07, 01:58 PM
On May 27, 8:00 pm, Jono L <Jono.L.2r8...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Yeh, some great photo's. Thanks Bleve.
>
> Any idea on the results for the TT?

I don't know what's happened, I understand there was some computer
crash or something that didn't work, but that's hearsay only. As soon
as I have results, I'll have them up on the website.

> BTW, whoever organised the weather did a good job.

Imagine the dirt road in the wet :)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home