Owen

TimC
May 26th 07, 11:59 AM
On 2007-05-26, Owen (aka Bruce)
> Window shopping at Phantom cycles I notice that they are selling
>
> Avid Flak Jacket Brake Cable - Bullet-proof Kevlar
>
> Just wonder how many cyclist have had their brake cable shot out?

My brake cable is shot. Really should replace it.

--
TimC
"I'm gonna show you a hill that would choke a mule."

cfsmtb[_220_]
May 26th 07, 03:00 PM
Owen Wrote:
> Window shopping at Phantom cycles I notice that they are selling
>
> Avid Flak Jacket Brake Cable - Bullet-proof Kevlar
>
> Just wonder how many cyclist have had their brake cable shot out?

How about a Kevlar "flak" jersey for when crossing the bridge past
Rushall Station?

--
cfsmtb

James[_3_]
May 27th 07, 02:30 AM
Owen wrote:
> Window shopping at Phantom cycles I notice that they are selling
>
> Avid Flak Jacket Brake Cable - Bullet-proof Kevlar
>
> Just wonder how many cyclist have had their brake cable shot out?
>

> Sorry, boring Saturday night :-)
>

> Owen

Maybe for moutain bikes our riding on the first day of deer season! Not
something that I would recommend!

slaw[_6_]
May 28th 07, 02:03 AM
James Wrote:
> Owen wrote:
> > Window shopping at Phantom cycles I notice that they are selling
> >
> > Avid Flak Jacket Brake Cable - Bullet-proof Kevlar
> >
> > Just wonder how many cyclist have had their brake cable shot out?
> >

> > Sorry, boring Saturday night :-)
> >

> > Owen
> >

> Maybe for moutain bikes our riding on the first day of deer season! Not
> something that I would recommend!
A friend was out bike camping on his own one night when he heard gun
shots hitting the ground near his tent. He yelled out and the shooters
went away, but in the morning he found a bullet had gone through his
rim (on his bike wheel that is). The shooters must have been attracted
by the reflectors on his bike.

--
slaw

Tmac-100
May 28th 07, 07:18 AM
On May 28, 5:03 am, slaw >
wrote:
> James Wrote:
>

> > Owen wrote:
> > > Window shopping at Phantom cycles I notice that they are selling
>
> > > Avid Flak Jacket Brake Cable - Bullet-proof Kevlar
>
> > > Just wonder how many cyclist have had their brake cable shot out?
>
> > > Sorry, boring Saturday night :-)
>
> > > Owen
>
> > Maybe for moutain bikes our riding on the first day of deer season! Not
> > something that I would recommend!
>
> A friend was out bike camping on his own one night when he heard gun
> shots hitting the ground near his tent. He yelled out and the shooters
> went away, but in the morning he found a bullet had gone through his
> rim (on his bike wheel that is). The shooters must have been attracted
> by the reflectors on his bike.
>
> --
> slaw- Hide quoted text -

Shudda been using camo and a high visibility (Fluorescent orange)
helmet.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home