PDA

View Full Version : FYI Tasmania Forums

Sandy[_2_]
May 29th 07, 12:54 AM
Forums about Tasmania, for Tasmanians.

We are a new service, please pay us a visit.

http://www.tasmaniaforums.com

gplama[_125_]
May 29th 07, 03:34 AM
Sandy Wrote:
> Forums about Tasmania, for Tasmanians.
>
> We are a new service, please pay us a visit.

About Tasmania, for Tasmanians? All sounds a bit incestual....
:rolleyes:

--
gplama

Bean Long
May 29th 07, 06:27 AM
gplama wrote:

> About Tasmania, for Tasmanians? All sounds a bit incestual....

That's tautological isn't it!? :-)

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

cfsmtb[_227_]
May 29th 07, 06:32 AM
gplama Wrote:
> About Tasmania, for Tasmanians? All sounds a bit incestual....
> :rolleyes:

Sounds like an old ad campaign recycled from the 70's/80's, something
like "made in Tasmania by Tasmanians". As a kid I thought it was
somewhat amusing and told Mum a bad joke about it. Dad didn't think
like my turn as a comedian & I copped a right telling off. :(

--
cfsmtb

Donga
May 29th 07, 11:58 AM
On May 29, 3:32 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2rb...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> gplama Wrote:
>
> > About Tasmania, for Tasmanians? All sounds a bit incestual....
> > :rolleyes:
>
> Sounds like an old ad campaign recycled from the 70's/80's, something
> like "made in Tasmania by Tasmanians". As a kid I thought it was
> somewhat amusing and told Mum a bad joke about it. Dad didn't think
> like my turn as a comedian & I copped a right telling off. :(
>
> --
> cfsmtb

Try us then! Out with it!

Donga

cfsmtb[_231_]
May 30th 07, 02:18 AM
Donga Wrote:

> Try us then! Out with it!

It was ****e for starters & isn't worth retelling. (out of deference
for mum & dad who were the butt of the joke)

--
cfsmtb

rooman[_163_]
May 30th 07, 03:00 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> It was ****e for starters & isn't worth retelling. (out of deference for
> mum & dad who were the butt of the joke)
'tis OK, Tasmania has caused a few of us to cop it sweet... I muttered
something about the "map" as a little tot and got an unkind biff from a
big bro. seems he thought he knew what I was muttering, I just liked the
applelike shape of it, he had other things on his mind...but he was a
teenager and they "know" stuff...

--
rooman

SteveA[_34_]
May 31st 07, 04:52 AM
rooman Wrote:
> 'tis OK, Tasmania has caused a few of us to cop it sweet... I muttered
> something about the "map" as a little tot and got an unkind biff from a
> big bro. seems he thought he knew what I was muttering, I just liked the
> applelike shape of it, he had other things on his mind...but he was a
> teenager and they "know" stuff...
From the House of Reps Hansard of 25 February 1987:

"Tasmania, you see, is the testicle of Australia, suffusing the
mainland with strength and vigour. What a pity there is only one of
them."

Now, who can remember who said it?

SteveA

--
SteveA

cfsmtb[_233_]
May 31st 07, 05:11 AM
SteveA Wrote:
> From the House of Reps Hansard of 25 February 1987:
>
> "Tasmania, you see, is the testicle of Australia, suffusing the
> mainland with strength and vigour. What a pity there is only one of
> them."
>
> Now, who can remember who said it?

Hodgman or Keating?

--
cfsmtb

SteveA[_35_]
May 31st 07, 08:02 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Hodgman or Keating?
Hodgman was a good guess and close to identifying the correct person.

I believe that the culprit used to share a flat in Canberra with
Hodgman.

Clue: He wore a chicken suit into parliament house

SteveA

--
SteveA

DeF
May 31st 07, 08:02 AM
cfsmtb wrote:
> SteveA Wrote:
>> From the House of Reps Hansard of 25 February 1987:
>>
>> "Tasmania, you see, is the testicle of Australia, suffusing the
>> mainland with strength and vigour. What a pity there is only one of
>> them."
>>
>> Now, who can remember who said it?
>
> Hodgman or Keating?

Harradine, surely? :-)

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.

rooman[_167_]
May 31st 07, 08:11 AM
SteveA Wrote:
> Hodgman was a good guess and close to identifying the correct person.
>
> I believe that the culprit used to share a flat in Canberra with
> Hodgman.
>
> Clue: He wore a chicken suit into parliament house
>
> SteveA

ahah.........Goodluck ... (aka: Bruce) !!

--
rooman

cfsmtb[_235_]
May 31st 07, 08:30 AM
SteveA Wrote:
> Hodgman was a good guess and close to identifying the correct person.
>
> I believe that the culprit used to share a flat in Canberra with
> Hodgman.
>
> Clue: He wore a chicken suit into parliament house

Bruce Goodluck. Next electorate over from us. Wonder if he borrowed the
chook suit from Pam Clarke?

--
cfsmtb

Theo Bekkers
June 1st 07, 01:34 AM
SteveA wrote:

> Clue: He wore a chicken suit into parliament house

Don't they all?

Theo

SteveA[_36_]
June 1st 07, 05:01 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> Bruce Goodluck. Next electorate over from us. Wonder if he borrowed the
> chook suit from Pam Clarke?

Bruce Goodluck.

Going back to the original quote - I wonder if Australia would be more
balanced if it had 2 Tasmanias (testicles).

(And isn't it great working in a medical organisation - I can put the
names of any body parts I like in an email and the filters at work let
them through. If I write 'testicle' just once in an email to a mate at
the Tax Office, the filters there block it and sent me quite strident
warning emails in return.)

SteveA

--
SteveA

PiledHigher
June 1st 07, 05:47 AM
On Jun 1, 2:01 pm, SteveA <SteveA.2rh...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

> Going back to the original quote - I wonder if Australia would be more
> balanced if it had 2 Tasmanias (testicles).
>
> SteveA

That's not the usual body part ascribed to tasmania!

And if it is Australia might be better if it hadn't been ripped off...

cfsmtb[_236_]
June 1st 07, 07:12 AM
SteveA Wrote:

> (And isn't it great working in a medical organisation - I can put the
> names of any body parts I like in an email and the filters at work let
> them through. If I write 'testicle' just once in an email to a mate at
> the Tax Office, the filters there block it and sent me quite strident
> warning emails in return.)

What a load of bollox.

--
cfsmtb

SteveA[_37_]
June 1st 07, 07:28 AM
cfsmtb Wrote:
> What a load of bollox.
Who would want to send the word 'bollox' to the Tax Office?

SteveA

--
SteveA

Shane Stanley
June 1st 07, 08:51 AM
In article >,
SteveA > wrote:

> Going back to the original quote - I wonder if Australia would be more
> balanced if it had 2 Tasmanias (testicles).

But having only one keeps it on-topic for this ng...

--
Shane Stanley

cfsmtb[_239_]
June 1st 07, 02:55 PM
Shane Stanley Wrote:

> But having only one keeps it on-topic for this ng...

Lance reference or are you being cryptic?

--
cfsmtb

Shane Stanley
June 2nd 07, 12:00 AM
In article >,
cfsmtb > wrote:

> Lance reference or are you being cryptic?

Both...

--
Shane Stanley

Google