PDA

View Full Version : Shimano Cycling Sandals

joekhul
May 29th 07, 05:44 PM
I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that Shimano
cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the SH-SD60 which
accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows this product on
their website). Some of the dated online shop offerings, listed these
sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper I dug, I found there
appears to be NO type of cycling sandals offered of any brand. Has
anyone else noticed this? Are there other brands of cycling sandals?

Roger Zoul
May 29th 07, 07:39 PM
joekhul wrote:
:: I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that
:: Shimano cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the
:: SH-SD60 which accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows
:: this product on their website). Some of the dated online shop
:: offerings, listed these sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper
:: I dug, I found there appears to be NO type of cycling sandals
:: offered of any brand. Has anyone else noticed this? Are there other
:: brands of cycling sandals?

I guess it depends on when you start looking. I recently bought the
Shimanos from Nashbar....decided I didn't like them and sent them back.
Then I ordered a pair of 2007 model Lake's (made by Shimano) which I have
received. I like them better. I got them last Thursday and rode a century
in them last Saturday, just to give you a time-table. I got them from
thefitnessstore.com. Also, you can order them directly from the Lake
website.

joekhul
May 29th 07, 11:32 PM
On May 29, 2:39 pm, "Roger Zoul" > wrote:
> joekhul wrote:
>
> :: I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that
> :: Shimano cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the
> :: SH-SD60 which accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows
> :: this product on their website). Some of the dated online shop
> :: offerings, listed these sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper
> :: I dug, I found there appears to be NO type of cycling sandals
> :: offered of any brand. Has anyone else noticed this? Are there other
> :: brands of cycling sandals?
>
> I guess it depends on when you start looking. I recently bought the
> Shimanos from Nashbar....decided I didn't like them and sent them back.
> Then I ordered a pair of 2007 model Lake's (made by Shimano) which I have
> received. I like them better. I got them last Thursday and rode a century
> in them last Saturday, just to give you a time-table. I got them from
> thefitnessstore.com. Also, you can order them directly from the Lake
> website.

Thanks. I see the sandals now at the Nashbar site. (That's the one
site I DIDN'T check!). And...they've actually got my size in stock--or
so it appears. Thanks again.

joekhul
May 29th 07, 11:35 PM
On May 29, 2:39 pm, "Roger Zoul" > wrote:
> joekhul wrote:
>
> :: I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that
> :: Shimano cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the
> :: SH-SD60 which accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows
> :: this product on their website). Some of the dated online shop
> :: offerings, listed these sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper
> :: I dug, I found there appears to be NO type of cycling sandals
> :: offered of any brand. Has anyone else noticed this? Are there other
> :: brands of cycling sandals?
>
> I guess it depends on when you start looking. I recently bought the
> Shimanos from Nashbar....decided I didn't like them and sent them back.
> Then I ordered a pair of 2007 model Lake's (made by Shimano) which I have
> received. I like them better. I got them last Thursday and rode a century
> in them last Saturday, just to give you a time-table. I got them from
> thefitnessstore.com. Also, you can order them directly from the Lake
> website.

Thanks. I see the sandals now at the Nashbar site. (That's the one
site I DIDN'T check!). And...they've actually got my size in stock--or
so it appears. Thanks again.

May 30th 07, 03:08 AM
http://www.google.com/products?q=cycling+sandals

Matt O'Toole
June 6th 07, 06:36 PM
On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:44:07 -0700, joekhul wrote:

> I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that Shimano
> cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the SH-SD60 which
> accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows this product on
> their website). Some of the dated online shop offerings, listed these
> sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper I dug, I found there
> appears to be NO type of cycling sandals offered of any brand. Has
> anyone else noticed this? Are there other brands of cycling sandals?

Lake.

Matt O.

Kenny
June 7th 07, 03:21 AM
On May 30, 12:44 am, joekhul > wrote:
> I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that Shimano
> cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the SH-SD60 which
> accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows this product on
> their website). Some of the dated online shop offerings, listed these
> sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper I dug, I found there
> appears to be NO type of cycling sandals offered of any brand. Has
> anyone else noticed this? Are there other brands of cycling sandals?

I've been wearing Shimano sandals exclusively for the last 5 years and
after this pair I'm using now I may have to revert to using some kind
of SPD shoe as Shimano has changed the design of their sandals. They
made them cheaper looking and more flexy in my opinion. Sorry can't
provide pictures for comparison, but if you can buy a pair of the
older design I'd snap them up as you'll definately balk at buying them
with a crummier design and a higher price to boot!

Kenny
June 7th 07, 03:34 AM
Found some pictures for comparison.

http://www.cambriabike.com/Images/product/shimano_sd65_sandal.jpg
(Bad)

http://tinyurl.com/35fj53 (Good)

OldGirl
June 7th 07, 05:46 PM
In addition to the Lake sandals, Nashbar has a housebrand. I have both the
Nashbar and the Lake sandals and there are things I like about both of them.
The Nashbar sandals have a stiffer sole, but the cleat is buried a bit too
deep - I had to cut away some of the tread around the cleat to be able to
enter and exit easily from the cleats. The Nashbar sandal is a cheaper
material and stiffer on tip. However, the Nashbar sole is more comfortable
both for riding and walking.

The Lake sole is too flexy - I had to add an insert to the shoe.

"Matt O'Toole" > wrote in message
g...
> On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:44:07 -0700, joekhul wrote:
>
>> I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that Shimano
>> cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the SH-SD60 which
>> accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows this product on
>> their website). Some of the dated online shop offerings, listed these
>> sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper I dug, I found there
>> appears to be NO type of cycling sandals offered of any brand. Has
>> anyone else noticed this? Are there other brands of cycling sandals?
>
> Lake.
>
> Matt O.

Andrew Price
June 8th 07, 08:09 PM
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 19:21:49 -0700, Kenny >
wrote:

>I've been wearing Shimano sandals exclusively for the last 5 years and
>after this pair I'm using now I may have to revert to using some kind
>of SPD shoe as Shimano has changed the design of their sandals. They
>made them cheaper looking and more flexy in my opinion.

I agree - the new design is a step backwards.

ilaboo[_2_]
December 16th 07, 01:29 PM
i do not use clips but really like the nashbar for walking

peter

"OldGirl" > wrote in message
> In addition to the Lake sandals, Nashbar has a housebrand. I have both
> the Nashbar and the Lake sandals and there are things I like about both of
> them. The Nashbar sandals have a stiffer sole, but the cleat is buried a
> bit too deep - I had to cut away some of the tread around the cleat to be
> able to enter and exit easily from the cleats. The Nashbar sandal is a
> cheaper material and stiffer on tip. However, the Nashbar sole is more
> comfortable both for riding and walking.
>
> The Lake sole is too flexy - I had to add an insert to the shoe.
>

> "Matt O'Toole" > wrote in message
> g...
>> On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:44:07 -0700, joekhul wrote:
>>
>>> I've noticed on the web and Performance Bike's catalogue, that Shimano
>>> cycling sandals are no longer offered, particulary the SH-SD60 which
>>> accepts the SPD cleats (though Shimano still shows this product on
>>> their website). Some of the dated online shop offerings, listed these
>>> sandals as 'closeout' items. And the deeper I dug, I found there
>>> appears to be NO type of cycling sandals offered of any brand. Has
>>> anyone else noticed this? Are there other brands of cycling sandals?
>>
>> Lake.
>>
>> Matt O.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home