PDA

View Full Version : cateye EL500

TerryJ
May 29th 07, 06:20 PM
Why is it so cheap at St John st cycles?
£20, used to be £44.

Anyhting wrong with it?

TerryJ

Jim Higson
May 29th 07, 07:00 PM
TerryJ wrote:

> Why is it so cheap at St John st cycles?
> £20, used to be £44.
>
> Anyhting wrong with it?

Haven't looked at the light, but in general:

LED technology has moved on a lot recently

Some kinds of rechargable batteries loose capacity sitting on a shop shelf
(Li-ion ones at least)

Pete Biggs
May 30th 07, 12:37 AM
TerryJ wrote:
> Why is it so cheap at St John st cycles?
> £20, used to be £44.

They bought too many of them?

~PB

Ekul Namsob
May 30th 07, 01:19 PM
del > wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 May 2007 18:20 TerryJ, wrote:
>
> > Why is it so cheap at St John st cycles?
> > £20, used to be £44.
> >
> > Anyhting wrong with it?
>
> Now't wrong wi' cheap!
> There is a newer, improved(?), version that takes the higher priced
> spot, EL510/530 I think it is. EL500 is still a good light.

Thanking Terry for letting me know, I am now looking forward to the
light's arrival. I trust it will make a good replacement for the cheap
one I got from Lidl.

Cheers,
Luke

--