PDA

View Full Version : Long shot. Anyone cycled Biarritz- Perpignan please?

spindrift
June 1st 07, 10:23 AM
A route similar to this one:

A classic coast to coast voyage using a network of quiet back lanes
and canal tow paths. Our 530km (330mile) route links picturesque
villages, medieval cities, ancient forests, vineyards and fields of
sunflowers as we head slowly east through this historic land.

http://www.marmot-tours.co.uk/summaries/rfc.htm

Dan Gregory
June 1st 07, 10:40 AM
spindrift wrote:
> A route similar to this one:
>
> A classic coast to coast voyage using a network of quiet back lanes
> and canal tow paths. Our 530km (330mile) route links picturesque
> villages, medieval cities, ancient forests, vineyards and fields of
> sunflowers as we head slowly east through this historic land.
>

> http://www.marmot-tours.co.uk/summaries/rfc.htm

That would be a nice gentle route - much more exciting via the Hautes
Pyrénées which I note they also do...
The Cité at Carcassonne is stunning.

spindrift
June 1st 07, 10:53 AM
On 1 Jun, 10:40, Dan Gregory
> wrote:
> spindrift wrote:
> > A route similar to this one:
>
> > A classic coast to coast voyage using a network of quiet back lanes
> > and canal tow paths. Our 530km (330mile) route links picturesque
> > villages, medieval cities, ancient forests, vineyards and fields of
> > sunflowers as we head slowly east through this historic land.
>
> >http://www.marmot-tours.co.uk/summaries/rfc.htm
>
> That would be a nice gentle route - much more exciting via the Hautes
> Pyrénées which I note they also do...
> The Cité at Carcassonne is stunning.

I'd do it alone in August, but follow a similar route and allow two
weeks which should allow time for a detour down through Lourdes and
over the Col Du Tourmalet 19 years after I did it the first time.

Tom Crispin
June 2nd 07, 08:53 PM
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 02:23:02 -0700, spindrift >
wrote:

>A route similar to this one:
>
>A classic coast to coast voyage using a network of quiet back lanes
>and canal tow paths. Our 530km (330mile) route links picturesque
>villages, medieval cities, ancient forests, vineyards and fields of
>sunflowers as we head slowly east through this historic land.
>

>http://www.marmot-tours.co.uk/summaries/rfc.htm

I've done some of it, though mostly I went over the great cols of the
Pyrenees.

There's no need to book through a tour company. Simply strap a tent
and sleeping bag to your rear rack.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home