PDA

View Full Version : Exmouth Exodus

Danny Colyer
June 4th 07, 08:48 PM
Anyone else here thinking of doing this?

I hoped to do it last year, but had gave up on the idea because of a
broken toe. I'm looking forward to it this year.
<http://www.exmouthexodus.co.uk/>

"Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down.
Daddy, why did you put that down?" - Charlie Colyer, age 2

June 5th 07, 08:10 PM
On 4 Jun, 20:48, Danny Colyer > wrote:
> Anyone else here thinking of doing this?
>
> I hoped to do it last year, but had gave up on the idea because of a
> broken toe. I'm looking forward to it this year.
> <http://www.exmouthexodus.co.uk/>

I hadn't heard of it, but really fancy it. I'm trying to do some
longer rides, and was planning 1 or 2 100km this year then a hundred
miler next year. Last did this distance when I was about 17, on a 3
speed SA. Most I've done recently was 40 mile charity ride which was
fine but slow. I'll try and 60 or 70 miles at the weekend and see how
that goes.

Rob

Danny Colyer
June 7th 07, 06:32 PM
wrote:
>><http://www.exmouthexodus.co.uk/>
>
> I hadn't heard of it, but really fancy it. I'm trying to do some
> longer rides, and was planning 1 or 2 100km this year then a hundred
> miler next year. Last did this distance when I was about 17, on a 3
> speed SA. Most I've done recently was 40 mile charity ride which was
> fine but slow. I'll try and 60 or 70 miles at the weekend and see how
> that goes.

Perhaps I'll see you there, then. I wasn't sure about my fitness,
having not managed to do anywhere near as much training as I'd planned,
but then I twigged a couple of weeks ago that the route is a *lot*
flatter than any of my training rides. There are only 3 real climbs,
the hardest being Burrington Combe.

I wasn't familiar with Burrington Combe, so I included it in an
after-work ride last Friday. That was a real confidence booster - if
that's the worst that the Exmouth Exodus is going to throw at me then I
should have very little to worry about :-)

"Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down.
Daddy, why did you put that down?" - Charlie Colyer, age 2

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home