PDA

View Full Version : OT anyone know seb coes email address?

Rob Horton
June 6th 07, 11:56 AM
Want to send him and Wolff Olins a testy email

Budstaff
June 6th 07, 05:43 PM
"Rob Horton" > wrote in message
> Want to send him and Wolff Olins a testy email

Not the first time Wolff Olins have collected money for old rope. In the
late 80's they were commissioned to do a logo for the newly created
post-CEGB electricity supplier National Power. After negotiating a suitably
high fee they came up with a new logo based on, you guessed it, the letters
'NP'. They had a lot of trouble getting through focus groups when invariably
the answer to the question 'What do you think this logo might stand for?'
was 'Nazi Party?'

After they'd finally delivered and trousered the cash, the client found that
one of the letters of the logo was precisely the right shade of blue to be
invisible to a standard black and white photocopier. I forget whether this
left them as 'N' or 'P'.

Tim Dunne
June 6th 07, 09:10 PM
"Budstaff" <budstaffdotusegroup@btinternetdotcom> wrote in message

> After
> negotiating a suitably high fee they came up with a new logo based
> on, you guessed it, the letters 'NP'.

Crikey. You'd never catch big companies like GE, BP, AEG, TDK, SGS or ICI
doing stuff like that. Oh, no.

:-D

Tim
--
Sent from Birmingham, UK... Check out www.nervouscyclist.org
'I find sometimes it’s easy to be myself, but sometimes I find it’s

Tony Raven[_2_]
June 7th 07, 08:34 AM
Budstaff wrote on 06/06/2007 17:43 +0100:
> "Rob Horton" > wrote in message
>> Want to send him and Wolff Olins a testy email
>
> Not the first time Wolff Olins have collected money for old rope.

Well they certainly got people talking about it and the Olympics back in
the news. As Oscar Wilde said, the only thing worse than being talked
about is not being talked about

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell

Pyromancer
June 7th 07, 09:35 AM
Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as Tony Raven
> gently breathed:
>Budstaff wrote on 06/06/2007 17:43 +0100:
>> "Rob Horton" > wrote in message
>>> Want to send him and Wolff Olins a testy email
>> Not the first time Wolff Olins have collected money for old rope.

>Well they certainly got people talking about it and the Olympics back
>in the news. As Oscar Wilde said, the only thing worse than being
>talked about is not being talked about

Hmm.. To me the "logo" looks like the ruins of a large concrete
structure after a major bomb attack, with the olympic rings still
attached to one piece of the wreckage and someone having spray-painted
the word "London" on another part. The "alternative versions" sent in
by readers to the BBC website were all far better.

--
- DJ Pyromancer, Black Sheep, Leeds. <http://www.sheepish.net>
Hard Rock, Leeds <http://www.hard-rock.org.uk>

Mark McNeill
June 7th 07, 09:50 AM
Response to Pyromancer:
> The "alternative versions" sent in
> by readers to the BBC website were all far better.

And one of them was certainly a lot funnier -

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/04/bbc_olympics_cx/

--
Mark, UK
"For men become civilized, not in proportion to their willingness to

Al C-F
June 8th 07, 11:47 AM
Pyromancer wrote:

> Hmm.. To me the "logo" looks like the ruins of a large concrete
> structure after a major bomb attack, with the olympic rings still
> attached to one piece of the wreckage and someone having spray-painted
> the word "London" on another part. The "alternative versions" sent in
> by readers to the BBC website were all far better.

The logo would have been perfect had the Olympics been held in
Portsmouth's Tricorn Centre.

Alas, this monument to architecture is no more.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home