PDA

View Full Version : Wide Shoes

Yme[_2_]
June 8th 07, 08:13 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations of any on-line retailer
that sell wide road shoes. No local shop in my area has anything
that fits me.

bigpipe
June 8th 07, 08:24 PM
I use MTB shoes myself, but I find the specialized ones are the only ones
that fit me. Might not help, but I thought Id' offer it in case. It's sure
frustrating being limited.
"Yme" > wrote in message
m...
> Does anyone have any recommendations of any on-line retailer
> that sell wide road shoes. No local shop in my area has anything
> that fits me.

June 8th 07, 09:14 PM
On Jun 8, 3:13 pm, Yme > wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations of any on-line retailer
> that sell wide road shoes. No local shop in my area has anything
> that fits me.

I know that Nashbar has the wide version of some Shimano and Lake
shoes. I got some Shimano M225E (wide MTB) shoes a few months ago.
If they don't have what you want now, they seem to handle end of
season closeouts for Lake and might get more wide stuff in the fall.

Dane Buson
June 8th 07, 09:56 PM
Yme > wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations of any on-line retailer
> that sell wide road shoes. No local shop in my area has anything
> that fits me.

Well, to start with you have a choice between Sidi and Lake. They're
about the only two manufacturers that offer wide shoes. The Sidi wide
versions are called 'Mega', the Lake version are called 'Wide' sensibly
enough.

These searches will get you started I think.

http://qbike.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?ord=p&nd=9&tz=2&st=wide+road+shoe
http://qbike.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?ord=p&nd=9&tz=2&st=mega+road+shoe

--
Dane Buson -
Emacs, n.:

Mike Jacoubowsky
June 8th 07, 11:38 PM
> Does anyone have any recommendations of any on-line retailer
> that sell wide road shoes. No local shop in my area has anything
> that fits me.

We need some reference points here. Have you found someone with Sidi
MegaWides, and they weren't wide enough? Generally a larger dealer selling
Sidi would stock those shoes and, if they didn't have them in stock, could
order them for you. Sizing (length) runs the same as the standard shoes, so
figuring out the right size shouldn't be a problem.

But if you've already tried Sidi Megas and they still aren't wide enough,
that could be tough.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

June 9th 07, 06:49 AM
www.oddballshoe.com
i just bought some good shoes there. size 15-20. and they have big
widths d,ee,eee,eeee

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home