PDA

View Full Version : MS-150

June 9th 07, 05:34 PM
Folks, I wouldn't do this if it weren't for such a great cause. I am
riding in the annual Utah State MS-150 later this month. MS is a
"scum-sucking pig of a disease," according to actress Teri Garr. She
should know--she has it. So do about half a million other people,
including Montel Williams, Annette Funicello, Roman Gabriel, Ann Romney,
Louise Mandrell, J. K. Rowling's mother, and my daughter. (If there's one
thing worse than being diagnosed with MS, it's being diagnosed with MS
when you're still just a kid!)
People all over spend money on feeling good all the time, on things
like restaurants, shows, and trips. I'm offering y'all a chance to spend
some money on feeling great, and it's a feeling that lasts longer than
most. Donations in any amount large or small are welcome. If you're
interested in making a donation and a difference, please e-mail me for
more info.

Many thanks,
Bill

|Real e-mail: , minus the q's.|

June 11th 07, 07:19 PM
On Jun 9, 9:34 am, wrote:
> Folks, I wouldn't do this if it weren't for such a great cause. I am
> riding in the annual Utah State MS-150 later this month. MS is a
> "scum-sucking pig of a disease," according to actress Teri Garr. She
> should know--she has it. So do about half a million other people,
> including Montel Williams, Annette Funicello, Roman Gabriel, Ann Romney,
> Louise Mandrell, J. K. Rowling's mother, and my daughter. (If there's one
> thing worse than being diagnosed with MS, it's being diagnosed with MS
> when you're still just a kid!)
> People all over spend money on feeling good all the time, on things
> like restaurants, shows, and trips. I'm offering y'all a chance to spend
> some money on feeling great, and it's a feeling that lasts longer than
> most. Donations in any amount large or small are welcome. If you're
> interested in making a donation and a difference, please e-mail me for
> more info.
>
> Many thanks,
> Bill

> |Real e-mail: , minus the q's.|

Enjoy. I did the MS-150 last fall in So-Cal. It is definitely a
worthy cause but the organizers didn't have a clue about riding
bikes. They chose a route through the most traffic congested streets
in LA and San Diego. This year I promised my friends I would donate
instead of ride. I hope your organizers are actually cyclists.

Tom

Ozark Bicycle
June 11th 07, 07:37 PM
On Jun 11, 1:19 pm, "
> wrote:
> On Jun 9, 9:34 am, wrote:
>

> > Folks, I wouldn't do this if it weren't for such a great cause. I am
> > riding in the annual Utah State MS-150 later this month. MS is a
> > "scum-sucking pig of a disease," according to actress Teri Garr. She
> > should know--she has it. So do about half a million other people,
> > including Montel Williams, Annette Funicello, Roman Gabriel, Ann Romney,
> > Louise Mandrell, J. K. Rowling's mother, and my daughter. (If there's one
> > thing worse than being diagnosed with MS, it's being diagnosed with MS
> > when you're still just a kid!)
> > People all over spend money on feeling good all the time, on things
> > like restaurants, shows, and trips. I'm offering y'all a chance to spend
> > some money on feeling great, and it's a feeling that lasts longer than
> > most. Donations in any amount large or small are welcome. If you're
> > interested in making a donation and a difference, please e-mail me for
> > more info.
>
> > Many thanks,
> > Bill

> > |Real e-mail: , minus the q's.|
>
> Enjoy. I did the MS-150 last fall in So-Cal. It is definitely a
> worthy cause but the organizers didn't have a clue about riding
> bikes. They chose a route through the most traffic congested streets
> in LA and San Diego. This year I promised my friends I would donate
> instead of ride. I hope your organizers are actually cyclists.

The organizers of our area MS-150 aren't cyclists, but they are open
to the input of the riders. Over the past few years the route has
evolved to obviate some higher traffic areas, to include more scenic
and 'restful' rest stops and even re-routed to help ease (or
eliminate, using an 'alternative finish line) a hard climb at the end
of the first day.

And now, here's a shameless plug for our local MS150:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yopyal

or

http://tinyurl.com/yopyal

It's a terrific event with a great group of cyclists in a truly
beautiful area. One of the nicest things is that this is still a
relatively small event (last year we had ~150 riders), so you have the
chance to get to know people and not get lost in the crowd.

June 12th 07, 03:21 AM
> wrote:

> Enjoy. I did the MS-150 last fall in So-Cal. It is definitely a
> worthy cause but the organizers didn't have a clue about riding
> bikes. They chose a route through the most traffic congested streets
> in LA and San Diego. This year I promised my friends I would donate
> instead of ride. I hope your organizers are actually cyclists.

This ride used to be in the Park City area, and crossed three dams,
leading it to be known as "Utah's Best Dam MS 150" for quite a few years.
But that route also included some tough hills and tricky roads.
We now ride in the area around Logan, UT, crossing briefly into Idaho.
The roads are mostly rural, rest stops mostly in town parks and very well
supplied. Start/finish, headquarters, and campground are all located on
the county fairgrounds. The president of my company (the event's title
sponsor) and the division head who is in charge of our sponsorship, are
both dedicated roadies. I've even turned roadie myself this year, buying
my first skinny-wheeler in many years to ride in the event instead of my
tough but slow hardtail.
Enjoy? I guarantee I will...

Bill

__o | Help us start to finish multiple sclerosis.
_`\(,_ | E-mail for details:
(_)/ (_) | moonshdw [curlique] xmission [daht] com

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home