PDA

View Full Version : Question for the ladies.

Martin Dann
June 11th 07, 08:55 PM
Do you ever cycle in high heels?
I saw a lass today in Bristol cycling in high heeled shoes. She put the
heel and toe of the shoe down when she stopped at some lights.
Me sitting behind had my toe down, the heel in the air, and our feet
were at similar angles to the ground.

It strikes me that there is an advantage to these for city cycling.

Martin.

wafflycat
June 11th 07, 09:28 PM
"Martin Dann" > wrote in message
> Do you ever cycle in high heels?
> I saw a lass today in Bristol cycling in high heeled shoes. She put the
> heel and toe of the shoe down when she stopped at some lights.
> Me sitting behind had my toe down, the heel in the air, and our feet were
> at similar angles to the ground.
>
> It strikes me that there is an advantage to these for city cycling.
>
> Martin.

Never. Mind you, these days I'm almost always in flatties or a very low
heel. I used to be able to wear 5-inch & 6-inch heels when young, free,
single & silly. But not these days... sigh...

Graham Bowers
June 11th 07, 09:42 PM
wafflycat wrote:

> "Martin Dann" > wrote in message
>> Do you ever cycle in high heels?
>> I saw a lass today in Bristol cycling in high heeled shoes. She put
>> the heel and toe of the shoe down when she stopped at some lights.
>> Me sitting behind had my toe down, the heel in the air, and our feet
>> were at similar angles to the ground.
>>
>> It strikes me that there is an advantage to these for city cycling.
>>
>> Martin.
>
> Never. Mind you, these days I'm almost always in flatties or a very low
> heel. I used to be able to wear 5-inch & 6-inch heels when young, free,
> single & silly. But not these days... sigh...

Spoilsport:-)
What if the OP was seeking to justify a "tendancy"?
Graham

Martin Dann
June 11th 07, 11:06 PM
Graham Bowers wrote:
> wafflycat wrote:
>>
>> "Martin Dann" > wrote in message
>>> Do you ever cycle in high heels?
>>> I saw a lass today in Bristol cycling in high heeled shoes. She put
>>> the heel and toe of the shoe down when she stopped at some lights.
>>> Me sitting behind had my toe down, the heel in the air, and our feet
>>> were at similar angles to the ground.
>>>
>>> It strikes me that there is an advantage to these for city cycling.
>>>
>>> Martin.
>>
>> Never. Mind you, these days I'm almost always in flatties or a very
>> low heel. I used to be able to wear 5-inch & 6-inch heels when young,
>> free, single & silly. But not these days... sigh...
>>

> Spoilsport:-)
> What if the OP was seeking to justify a "tendancy"?
> Graham

I would not be seen dead in high heeled shoes.

Also I don't think a high heeled shoe would work well with clipless
pedals. Imagine trying to balance on a spd cleated stiletteo whilst walking.

Steph Peters
June 12th 07, 12:09 AM
Martin Dann > of ntl Cablemodem News Service wrote:

>Do you ever cycle in high heels?
>I saw a lass today in Bristol cycling in high heeled shoes. She put the
>heel and toe of the shoe down when she stopped at some lights.
>Me sitting behind had my toe down, the heel in the air, and our feet
>were at similar angles to the ground.
>
>It strikes me that there is an advantage to these for city cycling.

I have done, when I was young, broke and foolish. Managed to get the
pedals jammed under the instep behind the heel. Rode around for a while
trying to unjam them without success. Choice was then either pull foot
forcibly out of the shoes, breaking straps on the shoes in the process, or
find somewhere to fall over. Being broke at the time, I went for the find a
bit of grass and fall over technique.
Never again - flat shoes only on a bike for me.
--
Steph Peters
Chorlton Wanderers Cycling Group

David Damerell
June 12th 07, 02:02 PM
Quoting Martin Dann >:
>Do you ever cycle in high heels?

Naath cycles in heels too silly to walk comfortably in - since the toe is
doing the work, it's not awkward.
--
OPTIONS=name:Kirsty,menustyle:C,female,lit_corrido r,standout,time,showexp,hilit
e_pet,catname:Akane,dogname:Ryoga,fruit:okonomiyak i,pickup_types:"!$?=/,scores:

Paul Rudin[_2_]
June 12th 07, 02:05 PM
Martin Dann > writes:

> Do you ever cycle in high heels?
> I saw a lass today in Bristol cycling in high heeled shoes. She put
> the heel and toe of the shoe down when she stopped at some lights.
> Me sitting behind had my toe down, the heel in the air, and our feet
> were at similar angles to the ground.
>
> It strikes me that there is an advantage to these for city cycling.

Well - it's almost certainly easier than *walking* in high heels :/

Alan Holmes[_2_]
June 12th 07, 03:52 PM
"Martin Dann" > wrote in message
> Graham Bowers wrote:
>> wafflycat wrote:

>>> Never. Mind you, these days I'm almost always in flatties or a very low
>>> heel. I used to be able to wear 5-inch & 6-inch heels when young, free,
>>> single & silly. But not these days... sigh...
>>>

>> Spoilsport:-)
>> What if the OP was seeking to justify a "tendancy"?
>> Graham
>
> I would not be seen dead in high heeled shoes.

I think they may suit you!

Carol Hague
June 15th 07, 12:19 PM
Martin Dann > wrote: