PDA

View Full Version : Large parcels from the USA

Donga
June 19th 07, 08:23 AM
The shipping rates for large parcels, e.g. wheelsets, bikes, from the
US has just gone whacky because USPS has revised its rates. An
alternative is to use a freight forwarder and one I used before is
Access USA/MyUSA http://www.myus.com/ . I need to bring a set of
wheels over and this might be viable. If anyone is interested to share
a one-off subscription, let me know (that new bike you've been
hankering for?).

Donga

Donga
June 20th 07, 11:03 PM
On Jun 19, 5:23 pm, Donga > wrote:
> The shipping rates for large parcels, e.g. wheelsets, bikes, from the
> US has just gone whacky because USPS has revised its rates. An
> alternative is to use a freight forwarder and one I used before is
> Access USA/MyUSAhttp://www.myus.com/. I need to bring a set of
> wheels over and this might be viable. If anyone is interested to share
> a one-off subscription, let me know (that new bike you've been
> hankering for?).
>
> Donga

This sorry tale goes from bad to worse. MyUS has come back with a
quote of US$175 for the wheelset, whereas their site calculator said
$70. :(
In other words, the service is only useful for high-value items like
frames and carbon wheels that you get at killer prices. My wheels will
still work out as well-priced, but I would never have bought such a
schmick set if the USPS postage rate calculator hadn't lied to me
first and given me an affordable quote.

Donga

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home