PDA

View Full Version : Oaks Classic (Woodford to Glenbrook) race postponed from this weekend

thefathippy
June 22nd 07, 01:26 AM
http://careflight.org/help/events/woodford_to_glenbrook/

"WOODFORD TO GLENBROOK POSTPONED
We have been advised by National Parks & Wildlife that the Park and
track will be unsuitable for our event on Sunday. The Park has been
closed for the last week due to the unusually high rainfall. Soils in
the Park are saturated and therefore there is a high probability of
accidents due to slippage as well as a high probability of the Park
being damaged by large numbers of competitors and visitors. The roads
and trails are likely to be blocked by fallen timber and with windy
conditions being forecast for the next couple of days, this will make
conditions dangerous.

This is the first time in the nine years of the Woodford to Glenbrook
event that we have faced such a situation which is beyond our control.
Our primary consideration is for the welfare of entrants and to ensure
that you enjoy this popular event.

After discussions with the NP&W they have advised us that the Park
will need two weeks to restore and so we have re-scheduled the date
for the Woodford to Glenbrook for Sunday 8 July.

What you need to do?

If you are happy to transfer your entry to 8 July, there is no need to
contact us.

If you can't make it on 8 July, we are happy to either:

1. Transfer your entry fee into a donation and you will receive a tax-
deductible receipt for this financial year.

or

2. Refund your entry fee.

If you can't make it on 8 July, just reply to this email and let us
know which of the two options you prefer."

(more text follows on web page)

Tony F
http://www.thefathippy.com

kanangara[_10_]
June 22nd 07, 06:21 AM
thefathippy Wrote:
> http://careflight.org/help/events/woodford_to_glenbrook/
>
> "WOODFORD TO GLENBROOK POSTPONED

But is the BBQ still on at your place?

Parbs

--
kanangara

John Stevenson
June 23rd 07, 07:22 AM
kanangara wrote:
> thefathippy Wrote:
>> http://careflight.org/help/events/woodford_to_glenbrook/
>>
>> "WOODFORD TO GLENBROOK POSTPONED
>>

> But is the BBQ still on at your place?

There's a barbeque this weekend?

Heath
June 23rd 07, 08:00 AM
On 23/06/2007 4:22 PM, John Stevenson wrote:

>> But is the BBQ still on at your place?
>
> There's a barbeque this weekend?

And have you changed the start time?

Parbs
June 24th 07, 12:01 AM
Heath wrote:
> On 23/06/2007 4:22 PM, John Stevenson wrote:
>>>
>>> But is the BBQ still on at your place?
>>
>> There's a barbeque this weekend?
>
> And have you changed the start time?

Check with Tony, do you have his number?

Parbs

thefathippy
June 25th 07, 01:21 AM
On Jun 24, 9:01 am, Parbs > wrote:
> Heath wrote:

> >> There's a barbeque this weekend?
>
> > And have you changed the start time?
>
> Check with Tony, do you have his number?
>
> Parbs

nah, I had to cancel it - apparently it clashed with an Oaks race.

Tony F

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home