PDA

View Full Version : It must be genetic...

Graeme Dods
June 26th 07, 09:59 AM
I finally got round to fixing the pedals on my 3 yr old son's plastic
trike yesterday (took about 10 seconds, but getting round to buying
the lock washers took weeks). So rather than trundling around the back
garden, he shouted "Come on daddy!" and headed off through the front
gate. When I asked where he was going he told me "We're going to a
cafe!" and shot off down the (thankfully quiet) road.

He's never heard me talk about cycling to a cafe, so I can only assume
it's an inherited trait. Does anyone know if they do lycra gear in 3yr
old sizes? I reckon I can convert his old sandals to SPD without too
much problem :-)

Graeme

Donga
June 26th 07, 10:20 AM
On Jun 26, 6:59 pm, Graeme Dods > wrote:
> I finally got round to fixing the pedals on my 3 yr old son's plastic
> trike yesterday (took about 10 seconds, but getting round to buying
> the lock washers took weeks). So rather than trundling around the back
> garden, he shouted "Come on daddy!" and headed off through the front
> gate. When I asked where he was going he told me "We're going to a
> cafe!" and shot off down the (thankfully quiet) road.
>
> He's never heard me talk about cycling to a cafe, so I can only assume
> it's an inherited trait. Does anyone know if they do lycra gear in 3yr
> old sizes? I reckon I can convert his old sandals to SPD without too
> much problem :-)
>
> Graeme

More like your wife's coaching, than genetic. Graeme says: just going
for a 60 km ride darling. Heads out door. Wife mutters: I'll bet -
just riding to the cafe more likely. Kid hears. Kid repeats.

TimC
June 26th 07, 11:46 AM
On 2007-06-26, Donga (aka Bruce)
> On Jun 26, 6:59 pm, Graeme Dods > wrote:
>> I finally got round to fixing the pedals on my 3 yr old son's plastic
>> trike yesterday (took about 10 seconds, but getting round to buying
>> the lock washers took weeks). So rather than trundling around the back
>> garden, he shouted "Come on daddy!" and headed off through the front
>> gate. When I asked where he was going he told me "We're going to a
>> cafe!" and shot off down the (thankfully quiet) road.
>>
>> He's never heard me talk about cycling to a cafe, so I can only assume
>> it's an inherited trait. Does anyone know if they do lycra gear in 3yr
>> old sizes? I reckon I can convert his old sandals to SPD without too
>> much problem :-)
>
> More like your wife's coaching, than genetic. Graeme says: just going
> for a 60 km ride darling. Heads out door. Wife mutters: I'll bet -
> just riding to the cafe more likely. Kid hears. Kid repeats.

Little dibber dobbers.

--
TimC
I've found that very little humour can be squeezed into 64 chara

Michael Warner[_2_]
June 26th 07, 02:15 PM
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 01:59:48 -0700, Graeme Dods wrote:

> He's never heard me talk about cycling to a cafe, so I can only assume
> it's an inherited trait.

Good theory, but you can't be certain until he asks for a skinny latte when
he gets there.

Graeme Dods
June 26th 07, 02:39 PM
On Jun 26, 9:15 pm, Michael Warner > wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 01:59:48 -0700, Graeme Dods wrote:
> > He's never heard me talk about cycling to a cafe, so I can only assume
> > it's an inherited trait.
>
> Good theory, but you can't be certain until he asks for a skinny latte when
> he gets there.

Nah, he's more of a babycino type kid :-)

Graeme Dods
June 26th 07, 02:51 PM
On Jun 26, 5:20 pm, Donga > wrote:

> More like your wife's coaching, than genetic. Graeme says: just going
> for a 60 km ride darling. Heads out door. Wife mutters: I'll bet -
> just riding to the cafe more likely. Kid hears. Kid repeats.

Hah, I wish! :-) With my current commitments the days of decent rides
seem a distant memory. All of my present bike trips seem to be to
Bunnings or the supermarket and they're both only about 1km away.
Still, Thomas loves being given the job of looking after the shopping
in his trailer and feeding the ducks on the way home.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home