PDA

View Full Version : What's the beef on Landis?

It's Chris
July 1st 07, 12:32 AM
The prologue is seven days away (this posting), and he's the yellow
jersey from last year's race. Are they going to allow him to ride this
year? I don't think they can legally prevent him without there being an
official decision, can they?

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

sally
July 1st 07, 01:40 AM
(It's Chris) wrote in news:17113-4686E80C-195
@storefull-3236.bay.webtv.net:
> The prologue is seven days away (this posting), and he's the yellow
> jersey from last year's race. Are they going to allow him to ride this
> year? I don't think they can legally prevent him without there being an
> official decision, can they?

Landis has agreed not to race in the Tour de France until has drug case is
resolved.

Bill Sornson
July 1st 07, 04:19 AM
sally wrote:
> (It's Chris) wrote in
> news:17113-4686E80C-195 @storefull-3236.bay.webtv.net:
>> The prologue is seven days away (this posting), and he's the yellow
>> jersey from last year's race. Are they going to allow him to ride
>> this year? I don't think they can legally prevent him without there
>> being an official decision, can they?
>
> Landis has agreed not to race in the Tour de France until has drug
> case is resolved.

Not to mention he's not on a team now, yes?

Michael Warner[_2_]
July 1st 07, 11:45 PM
On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:19:02 -0700, Bill Sornson wrote:

> Not to mention he's not on a team now, yes?

Do you have to be on a team to enter these events? If you're strong enough,
you might do well without one.

July 2nd 07, 12:25 AM
Michael Warner > writes:

> On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:19:02 -0700, Bill Sornson wrote:

>> Not to mention he's not on a team now, yes?

> Do you have to be on a team to enter these events? If you're strong
> enough, you might do well without one.

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/id-3082.html

http://tinyurl.com/2cthnn

Jobst Brandt

Brian Kerr
July 3rd 07, 01:50 AM
It's Chris wrote:
> The prologue is seven days away (this posting), and he's the yellow
> jersey from last year's race. Are they going to allow him to ride this
> year? I don't think they can legally prevent him without there being an
> official decision, can they?
>
> - -
> Compliments of:
> "Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"
>
> If you want to E-mail me use:
> ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net
>
> My website:
> http://geocities.com/czcorner

In addition to all the other posts above, Landis had a hip replacement
in the off-season and had no intention of doing the 2007 Tour regardless
of the 2006 outcome. He has just started doing small races again and
there is no way he would've been prepared to start the TDF this year.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home