PDA

View Full Version : Its that time - Milton Keynes ride time!

Eddbmxdude
July 18th 07, 11:32 AM
Hey guys and girls!

Its that time of year again (Summer, for those of you who aren’t quite
sure) and its time for the second Milton Keynes ride!

The format will be fairly similar as last time, a day of Muni and a day
of Trials/Street. The Trials will be in Milton Keynes City Centre,
meeting at the same place as last time, outside the railway station.
The muni will be at Ashridge again, as I feel there are many routes
that we could use, me and Leo will get on that and decide on an
interesting one!

So,

Saturday: Muni at Ashridge

Meeting at the big ass monument (You can’t miss it!) at about
10:30ish.
'Meeting here!' (http://tinyurl.com/2fydde)

Sunday: Trials/Street in Milton Keynes

Meeting at the Central Train Station at about 10:30ish.
Meeting place 'here!' (http://tinyurl.com/yubrqr)

Now for dates! I am proposing the 25th and 26th August, although we can
move that a week or two either side of that weekend to suit people.
What do you think, give me some input!

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com

norry
July 18th 07, 11:46 AM
Well I'll be moving down south end of August so I'll only be a 1 and 1/2
hour drive to Milton Keynes. Not sure if I can make it yet but would be
good to catch a ride with you guys again.

--
norry

my latest muni ride report [ 'here'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61385) ]
*buc14 video competition entry - 3rd place british* [
[color=\"red\"]'video'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60020) ]
london uk uni meet 06 [ 'video '
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54700) ]
http://www.usenet.com

lowlight
July 18th 07, 11:48 AM
am at Reading that weekend. could do the weekend either side i think.
would prob just come down for the Muni ride on the Saturday.

Dan

--
lowlight
http://www.usenet.com

joe
July 18th 07, 12:25 PM
Anyone fancy a ride sometime during next week? Ill be staying with Edd,
might be cool to hook up

Joe

--
joe

:cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa
'Unicycle.Com' (http://www.unicycle.com)
Koxx One DVD now available - PM me
http://www.usenet.com

brendan
July 18th 07, 07:19 PM
it'd be awesome if u could do it the weekend before, but either way i'd
still go.

and i'm up for a ride, i'll be in bristol but can meet u somewhere.

--
brendan
http://www.usenet.com

joe
July 18th 07, 09:29 PM
sorry for the thread jack edd! lol
Cool Brendan hows it going mate. I was just asking Lucas today if we
could meet up with you, but he told me you werent round here atm. If
you wanna ride sometime, let me know, PM me?

Joe

--
joe

:cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa
'Unicycle.Com' (http://www.unicycle.com)
Koxx One DVD now available - PM me
http://www.usenet.com

galvin.ben
July 18th 07, 10:24 PM
Sounds good!

Ill be happy to come on the sunday!

That week, or the week before.

--
galvin.ben

Hey look! A *unicorn*!

'MYSPACE' (http://www.myspace.com/grape_soda_rules)
http://www.usenet.com

Eddbmxdude
July 19th 07, 09:06 AM
Just bumping this up with some pictures of last time to persuade
people!

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=309200&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=1df19708c5a748528c8e6f092f6c66c8]

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=309194&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=1df19708c5a748528c8e6f092f6c66c8]

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=309097&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=1df19708c5a748528c8e6f092f6c66c8]

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=309079&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=1df19708c5a748528c8e6f092f6c66c8]

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=309103&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=1df19708c5a748528c8e6f092f6c66c8]
Do a little dance, make a little love..........Get down tonight!

Really friendly meet, loads of cool people, good spots to ride, go on
you know you want to!

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com

brendan
July 19th 07, 09:32 AM
i'm definately down for this, might have to cut short the sunday but hey
:D

--
brendan
http://www.usenet.com

amanda.gallacher
July 19th 07, 01:23 PM
Can get there for cheap so considering it. Can't make that weekend tho
cos thats when Rocco leaves to go home. Weekend before seems ok. Will
think about it more later if date is changed (have to speak with Rocco
too obv).

--
amanda.gallacher

-->sorry für mein beschissenes deutsch<--
'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
'kris holm' (http://www.krisholm.com)

Smilymarco wrote:
> its just too small
http://www.usenet.com

Eddbmxdude
July 19th 07, 01:56 PM
amanda.gallacher wrote:
> Can get there for cheap so considering it. Can't make that weekend tho
> cos thats when Rocco leaves to go home. Weekend before seems ok. Will
> think about it more later if date is changed (have to speak with Rocco
> too obv).

Cool.

Ok, If I made it a week earlier would that suit people better? So it
would be 18th and 19th August.

If not I can move it back a week instead!

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com

galvin.ben
July 19th 07, 03:37 PM
the week before sounds good!
:D

cant do the week before that though

--
galvin.ben

Hey look! A *unicorn*!

'MYSPACE' (http://www.myspace.com/grape_soda_rules)
http://www.usenet.com

amanda.gallacher
July 19th 07, 03:53 PM
yeah week before is good. week before week before is my bday and also
crawley convention

--

Smilymarco wrote:
> its just too small
http://www.usenet.com

brendan
July 19th 07, 04:18 PM
yep that date is great. :D

--
brendan
http://www.usenet.com

amanda.gallacher
July 19th 07, 09:33 PM
ignore my posts, turns out we wont be able to make it. sorry

--

Smilymarco wrote:
> its just too small
http://www.usenet.com

sp4rky-m4rky
July 22nd 07, 11:42 AM
Theres a chance I will be able to come and I will try bring a friend
along with me, I will try and get ther for the second day but at the
moment its going to take like 5 hours by bus and cost about £55 for us
both. I will talk to my friend and see what he thinks, hopfuly all will
be good.

--
sp4rky-m4rky

you may be lucky but you make your own luck

*)--360--O* The Unispin Elite

)---'O, Crankflip
my 'latest video' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=MaO3NgJ4bW8)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'video tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
http://www.usenet.com

leo_h
July 22nd 07, 01:19 PM
Nice one!
So what dates are best for people? Shall I keep it the 18th and 19th of
august, or have it as I was going to originally the 25th and 26th?

Rock on!
Edd

EDIT: Im using Leo's account! Lol!

--
leo_h

Wheres my other wheel?! i'v only got one thats why its called a
"uni"cycle IDIOT!

Secret message!

The only certainty is that nothing is certain.
http://www.usenet.com

leo_h
July 30th 07, 08:05 PM
Ok, is there still any interest in this? I am going to say its going to
be the 25th and 26th of august. I am keeping it at that because
otherwise we will never be able to decide on one!

So Muni on the Saturday, probably at chicksands now, seen as we have
been there and it is about 100 times better than ashridge!
Sunday is street and trials in Milton Keynes itself, come to either or
both days!

Rock on!
Edd

--
leo_h

Wheres my other wheel?! i'v only got one thats why its called a
"uni"cycle IDIOT!

Secret message!

The only certainty is that nothing is certain.
http://www.usenet.com

sp4rky-m4rky
July 31st 07, 12:53 PM
I dont think I will be able to make it now. too far, too much and too
busy.

--
sp4rky-m4rky

you may be lucky but you make your own luck

*)--360--O* The Unispin Elite

)---'O, Crankflip
my 'latest video' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=MaO3NgJ4bW8)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'video tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
http://www.usenet.com

brendan
July 31st 07, 03:45 PM
okay thats cool with me. Not sure about the saturday do you recon the
muni would be ok on a 20" trials? if i come on the saturday i'd need
someone to host me for the night as well....

--
brendan
http://www.usenet.com

Twisted Jester
July 31st 07, 10:04 PM
That was good timing, haven't been on here for a while, I should be up
for that but it's also my bday so plans could change or I could be too
wrecked.

Chicksands might be cool too they have northshore there too don't they?

--
Twisted Jester
http://www.usenet.com

Twisted Jester
July 31st 07, 10:18 PM
Scratch that, I've just seen the other thread and video, will try to do
both days.

North Shore looks awesome, probably bigger than my balls though.

--
Twisted Jester
http://www.usenet.com

Eddbmxdude
July 31st 07, 10:23 PM
Twisted Jester wrote:
> Scratch that, I've just seen the other thread and video, will try to do
> both days.
>
> North Shore looks awesome, probably bigger than my balls though.

Awesome! Would be really cool to see you again! I thought Id never do
any of that north shore either, but its really fun when your up there!

Hope you can make it mate!

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com

Twisted Jester
July 31st 07, 10:37 PM
I'm definitely gonna try, haven't been out for a while with the weather
being up and down and work and new motorbike to play on but I'm doing
Crawley so a couple of days of mostly riding and some trails to play
with so should be in the swing again in time for MK.

Had a great time last time and will chat to Ivo and Euan too cause they
might be up for it.

--
Twisted Jester
http://www.usenet.com

Mikeswarbrick
July 31st 07, 11:23 PM
I would like to come, but I don't fancy the MUni a whole lot, did I read
that there is natural trials there though...? Ohh, challenging, I
will try to get to the street bit of the ride though.

Cheers,
Mike

--
Mikeswarbrick
http://www.usenet.com

brendan
August 9th 07, 09:50 AM
is the street ride still on then? what are the final dates? I'd have to
know in advance to get some train tickets or something.

Cheers

--
brendan
http://www.usenet.com

Eddbmxdude
August 9th 07, 10:18 AM
brendan wrote:
> is the street ride still on then? what are the final dates? I'd have to
> know in advance to get some train tickets or something.
>
> Cheers

YEP, THIS IS DEFINATLY STILL ON!

Dates are:

*25TH AUGUST:* MUNI AT CHICKSANDS, MEETING AT 10:30ISH IN THE CARPARK
Remember to bring a 5er to get in chicksands.

*26TH AUGUST:* STREET AND TRIALS IN MILTON KEYNES, MEETING OUTSIDE THE
TRAIN STATION AT 10:30

Hope that makes it a bit clearer!

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com

brendan
August 18th 07, 05:35 PM
i should get to the station at 10.15 on the sunday so i'll cya all there
(not doing the muni)

--
brendan
http://www.usenet.com

leo_h
August 18th 07, 09:58 PM
brendan wrote:
> i should get to the station at 10.15 on the sunday so i'll cya all there
> (not doing the muni)

Awesome mate!
Good to know someone is coming!

Is anyone going to come along to this? Anyone for muni?

Rock on!
Edd

--
leo_h

Wheres my other wheel?! i'v only got one thats why its called a
"uni"cycle IDIOT!

Secret message!

The only certainty is that nothing is certain.
http://www.usenet.com

Eddbmxdude
August 21st 07, 07:42 PM
Ok guys,
Is anyone up for the Muni on saturday at all? I could really do with
working on the car on saturday and if no-one is interested in the muni
then I will stay at home.

Looks like its just you and me then Brendon on Sunday! AWESOME! Havnt
ridden trials for ages, looking forward to it!

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com

Eddbmxdude
August 24th 07, 04:24 PM
Ok guys, I really need to know if anyone is coming to the Muni at
Chicksands on Saturday!

If no-one is coming I don't want to turn up and be the only one there,
as Leo is away on holiday!
If you are coming can you PLEASE post to let me know, otherwise you
might turn up and I won't be there!

Thanks,
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com

Eddbmxdude
August 25th 07, 09:01 AM
S A T U R D A Y M U N I C A N C E L E D D U E T O L A C K O
F I N T E R E S T !

The Trials tomorrow is still on!

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com

Eddbmxdude
August 27th 07, 01:49 PM
Well, Brendan turned up for Trials on the Sunday, which was a really
nice day. We rode through the city and did some pretty relaxed riding,
Brendans a good rider and an awesome guy.

I only took a few pictures, but here are the best ones!

[image:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r190/eddbmxdude/DSCF1445.jpg]

[image:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r190/eddbmxdude/DSCF1442.jpg]

[image:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r190/eddbmxdude/DSCF1440.jpg]

[image:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r190/eddbmxdude/DSCF1433.jpg]

[image:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r190/eddbmxdude/DSCF1434.jpg]

[image:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r190/eddbmxdude/DSCF1438.jpg]

[image:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r190/eddbmxdude/DSCF1432.jpg]

[image:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r190/eddbmxdude/DSCF1430.jpg]

[image:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r190/eddbmxdude/DSCF1443.jpg]

And lastly, Brendan waiting for the security guard to go inside the
building, Ha Ha!
[image:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r190/eddbmxdude/DSCF1431.jpg]

Cheers, for coming Brendan, I had a good time, ever though there was
only two of us!

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com

brendan
August 28th 07, 09:40 AM
yeah it was good, i enjoyed myself bar that stupid pedal grab!

cheers for putting all the pictures up! Hopefully i'll cya soon!

--
brendan
http://www.usenet.com

Eddbmxdude
August 28th 07, 11:15 AM
brendan wrote:
> yeah it was good, i enjoyed myself bar that stupid pedal grab!
>
> cheers for putting all the pictures up! Hopefully i'll cya soon!

Oh yeah, forgot about that!
Hows your head/elbow?

Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com

gkmac
August 28th 07, 08:46 PM
Nice to hear you both had a good time. Sorry I couldn't make it, I
couldn't risk taking the car on a long journey until the suspension is
sorted out. I hope it's gonna be alright for
MMMM.

It looks like you went to different places from the last MK ride. I
don't remember seeing those steps, they look just like the sort of ones
that I -can- ride down.

Yep, that's definitely Brendan in those pictures; I don't think that
many other people wear bright red shorts. And it's nice to know that
Edd's t-shirt collection isn't all black or faded to dark grey.;)

--
gkmac

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, take the pictures." - tomblackwood
"As it only hurts when you walk, will you be riding everywhere now?" -
mikepenton
"Well, not everything is as practical as making your cranks flip around
I guess." - Brian MacKenzie
http://www.usenet.com

brendan
August 29th 07, 08:58 AM
gkmac wrote:
> Nice to hear you both had a good time. Sorry I couldn't make it, I
> couldn't risk taking the car on a long journey until the suspension is
> sorted out. I hope it's gonna be alright for
> MMMM.
>
> It looks like you went to different places from the last MK ride. I
> don't remember seeing those steps, they look just like the sort of ones
> that I -can- ride down.
>
> Yep, that's definitely Brendan in those pictures; I don't think that
> many other people wear bright red shorts. And it's nice to know that
> Edd's t-shirt collection isn't all black or faded to dark grey.;)

your wrong GK its orange :P those shorts are new and even brighter than
the last pair (the last pair started fading - couldnt deal with pale
red)

--
brendan
http://www.usenet.com

gkmac
August 29th 07, 10:04 AM
brendan wrote:
> your wrong GK its orange :P

Yes, that particular shade of orange that can be easily confused with
red, especially when potentially subtly altered by a CCD sensor and
then a TFT monitor.

Besides, I said "not many other people wear bright red shorts". I
didn't actually say that you -were- wearing bright red shorts, did I!?

--
gkmac

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, take the pictures." - tomblackwood
"As it only hurts when you walk, will you be riding everywhere now?" -
mikepenton
"Well, not everything is as practical as making your cranks flip around
I guess." - Brian MacKenzie
http://www.usenet.com

richnlou
December 22nd 07, 05:39 PM
Hiya buddy,

once again thanks for a excellent day, had much fun.. was great to
meet you guys too.. Our e.mail is & our no. is
07799113006, hopefully we can do it again sometime & if you let us know
your e.mail we wil forward pic's..

Merry Xmas

Rich n Lou

--