PDA

View Full Version : werid rattle

Gumba23
July 18th 07, 09:08 PM
my Nimbus hopply is making a weird rattle:( i thought the frame wasnt
tight enough but its still there even after i tightend can any one
provied answers?:confused:

--
Gumba23

i unicycle badly but enjoy it!
http://www.usenet.com

torkerdx
July 18th 07, 09:28 PM
lets see...:
frame (where attached to bearings)
spokes
cranks
hub
pedals

any combination of these

--
torkerdx

skianduniaddict wrote:
> never give 4 teenagers a camera... they go crazy
http://www.usenet.com

amanda.gallacher
July 18th 07, 09:49 PM
I would guess it's the pedals. If it were the spokes, they wouldnt so
much rattle as creak. About the hub... I've never heard of a hub being
able to rattle. If I'm wrong, please do tell me, I would love to know
how they rattle.
If your pedals are tight, then try the cranks to see if they are loose,
but I'm gonna say it is probably pedals.

--
amanda.gallacher

-->sorry für mein beschissenes deutsch<--
'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
'kris holm' (http://www.krisholm.com)

Smilymarco wrote:
> its just too small
http://www.usenet.com

Mikefule
July 18th 07, 10:03 PM
The things that can be too loose are, in approximate order of
likelihood:

Cranks
Bearing clamps
Pedals
Spokes
Seat components
Seat clamp
(Brake components if you have a brake)

Rattly noises come either from loose bearing clamps or -very -loose
spokes.

Creaks and ticks come from loose cranks or loose spokes.

Random squeaky noises come from your seat if (a) any of the bolts
relating to the seat or handle are loose, or (b) you are vegetarian.

A loose crank or loose pedal should be noticeable when you pedal.

Cranks and pedals should be tight.

Bearing clamps should be snug, but not overtight.

A good rule of thumb is that the bigger the nut/bolt, the more you
tighten it. You will notice that bearing clamps have very small
nuts/bolts.

Do not adjust spokes unless you have a rough idea what you are doing.

--
Mikefule

I once had a bad experience with a bigot. Now I hate them all - even
the ones I haven't met.
http://www.usenet.com

brendan
July 18th 07, 10:06 PM