PDA

View Full Version : FLUCK takes a KH frame.

Jerrick
July 21st 07, 12:08 PM
Just browsing through the 2007 FLUCK pictures, and found one where the
frame is held behind the guys back, and the post looks way off, go to
the next picture and yep, the frame has 'snapped in two'
(http://tinyurl.com/3db2k9).

Just thought youd guys would like to know about this, and I couldn't
find the other thread discussing broken KH frames. =p

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com

ivan
July 21st 07, 12:40 PM
That's the old black one, isn't it? I saw that one. Apparently, the guy
who did it breaks everything. Don't remember who it was, though.

--
ivan

Take me down to the paradise city where grass is green and the girls are
pretty! entropy isn't what it used to be.
http://www.usenet.com

DustinSchaap
July 21st 07, 12:44 PM
According to my brother, the guy was hopping on the wheel and then
dropping down 5 pallets (landing on the wheel), landing with the
unicycle like \ that, he probably did it a few times before so not that
odd that it snapped.

--
DustinSchaap

*'Dutch unicyclist community: Eenwiel.nl' (http://eenwiel.nl)
'Municycle.com' (http://www.einradladen.net/shop/index.php/language/en)
| 'Einradladen.de' (http://www.einradladen.net/shop/index.php)
'Qu-Ax unicycles' (http://qu-ax.com/)
'Semcycle unicycles' (http://semcycle.com)*
http://www.usenet.com

thejdw
July 21st 07, 01:29 PM
I think with the gallary over load is becoming more frequient, probs
best just to post the original photo

--
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
> A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
> just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage :)

>>don't follow Jesus, follow me!<<
http://www.usenet.com

kris.lee
July 21st 07, 01:51 PM
oh, i remember that, i spoke to him when he walked past me with a
snapped kh frame. he jumped on the wheel yes.
it was a blue frame

--
kris.lee
http://www.usenet.com

sp4rky-m4rky
July 21st 07, 03:09 PM
This is the same pic, just thought I would post it on here to make it
easyer for everyone seeing as the gallery seems to be running slow.

|Filename: broken kh.JPG |

sp4rky-m4rky

you may be lucky but you make your own luck

*)--360--O* The Unispin Elite

)---'O, Crankflip
my 'latest video' (http://youtube.com/watch?v=MaO3NgJ4bW8)
learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my 'video tutorial'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM)
http://www.usenet.com

ivan
July 21st 07, 03:12 PM
Oooh, I didn't see that one! That's mean!

I did see the black KH frame with one leg broken off the top. This one
looks worse, though!

I wonder if he'll get a replacement for it.

--
ivan

Take me down to the paradise city where grass is green and the girls are
pretty! entropy isn't what it used to be.
http://www.usenet.com

Lutz
July 21st 07, 03:23 PM
If he jumped down like Dustin said, I dont think he will get a
replacement. That would be the same if you run over your uni by car and
ask for replacement.

--
Lutz

'POINT RACING' (http://www.pointbike.de) | 'AJATA'
(http://www.ajata.de) |

'www.einradshows.de' (http://www.einradshows.de)
'www.extremeunicycling.de' (http://www.extremeunicycling.de)

'105' (http://www.ajata.de/2m/lutz/up.wmv) |
http://www.usenet.com

DustinSchaap
July 21st 07, 04:19 PM
ivan wrote:
> I did see the black KH frame with one leg broken off the top. This one
> looks worse, though!

That was a Koxx blue berry frame :cool: the good news is no Qu-ax
unicycles broke during the convention hahaha, sorry, couldn't resist
:rolleyes:

--
DustinSchaap

*'Dutch unicyclist community: Eenwiel.nl' (http://eenwiel.nl)
'Municycle.com' (http://www.einradladen.net/shop/index.php/language/en)
| 'Einradladen.de' (http://www.einradladen.net/shop/index.php)
'Qu-Ax unicycles' (http://qu-ax.com/)
'Semcycle unicycles' (http://semcycle.com)*
http://www.usenet.com

forrestunifreak
July 21st 07, 05:34 PM
I saw it when it happened. He -was- doing a hop on wheel drop, and he
was putting a lot of pressure against the wheel while pulling on the
frame....

It popped right off when he landed, and he sat down hard with the uni
in his lap. The expression on his face was hillarous.

DustinSchaap wrote:
> That was a Koxx blue berry frame :cool: the good news is no Qu-ax
> unicycles broke during the convention hahaha, sorry, couldn't resist
> :rolleyes:

Right on!

--
forrestunifreak

I will, because I can.
'*-My Gallery-*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
*www.qu-ax.com* *unicycle for
christ*

"Oh... they don't kick bricks, do they?" ~ Joe Hodgekins
http://www.usenet.com

ca99medina
July 21st 07, 07:04 PM
Yeahh! I was the one who took that picture and put in on the gallery. I
was sure it will give people a lot to talk about……:cool:

The rest of the pictures are 'here' (http://tinyurl.com/2dqnwq).

Enjoy!

Carlos

--
ca99medina
http://www.usenet.com

skrobo
July 22nd 07, 06:06 AM
haha
it seems like the wheel would be bent.
my 2007 torker frame definitely stood up to more pressure than he
possibly could have put on it doing a drop like that.
i munched it while doing a big gap, full speed, landed with one foot
behind the seat, one foot on the frame, still going full speed, i was
just about horizontal, somehow fell right there, uni went
skidding/bouncing/flipping about 20 feet.

on second thought, i still like my kH better, it is like 10 lbs lighter
than my DX frame.

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><
'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com

Unicorn
July 22nd 07, 08:05 AM
Just out of curiosity I walked around FLUCK doing a tally of Unicycles.
this is what I found:

A little over 50% of the Unis were KH.
Almost 40% of the Unis were K1.
The rest were Qu Ax and other brands.

The way I tallied is that I walked around for 15 minutes tallying up
every uni that I saw. My results seem pretty close to the KH K1
Shameless post on this site.

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
http://www.usenet.com

gerblefranklin
July 22nd 07, 08:38 AM
That sucks, but it's really pretty trivial to fix. I've repaired two
broken KH frames. The first one was like that, and it was just
sandblast or power sand the paint off, weld, and file smooth. The
second one was done entirely with a file. It can take as little as
60-90 minutes from getting the frame in the shop.

--
gerblefranklin

Nick's main man.

"I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex
http://www.usenet.com

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home