PDA

View Full Version : Puller needed for K1 Street Cranks?

Det-riot
July 21st 07, 11:32 PM
Is a puller needed for k1 isis street cranks, because my right one just
pops off if i unscrew the bolt, but the left bolt wont even turn, so i
don't know if it will come off as easily as the right one.

--
Det-riot

Ducttape wrote:
> sounds like he toook a feild trip to jail.... DON'T DROP THE SOAP
> DUDE!!!

KOXX-ONE* DOES NOT* SUCK!!!!
'MRIS!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/2486qk)
'1000th Post' (http://tinyurl.com/33shzt)
http://www.usenet.com

feel the light
July 22nd 07, 01:27 AM
The cranks on my KH were greased at the factory and slide off the
splines easy once the allen bolt is loose. I am pretty sure all splined
cranks are the same, as opposed to the taper on square axles that gets
wedged on. So take the bolt off and tug away ! Both side should be the
same.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com

feel the light
July 22nd 07, 01:28 AM
That's just for pedals.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com

oneisenough
July 22nd 07, 01:48 AM
if it has puller threads than it probably needs a puller.<-- at least
from my expierience.

--
oneisenough
http://www.usenet.com

Spencer Hochberg
July 22nd 07, 02:16 AM
feel the light wrote:
> The cranks on my KH were greased at the factory and slide off the
> splines easy once the allen bolt is loose. I am pretty sure all splined
> cranks are the same, as opposed to the taper on square axles that gets
> wedged on. So take the bolt off and tug away ! Both side should be the
> same.

ISIS cranks taper on the axle. When Cody had street cranks they had
that black ring in the crank on the outside of the bolt so it made it
self extracting, as you unscrew the bolt it cant come out so it pushes
against the axle and it pulls it off.
The trial k1 cranks do need a crank puller.

--
Spencer Hochberg

www.unicycle.tv/channel/Spencer
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
http://www.usenet.com

feel the light
July 22nd 07, 03:25 AM
I rotated the cranks on my 05 KH24 , to even out the tire wear. It is
non ISIS splined, and I'm pretty sure it had no taper. I assumed my 07
KH20 would be the same. Tire's still good on the 20, so I never looked.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com

Spencer Hochberg
July 22nd 07, 03:29 AM
Yeah the kh/onza cranks don't taper on the axle, you just need to
tighten it against something.
I like these for flatland crank tricks because you can put extra
spacers on the axle and get more room for your foot, with ISIS cranks
you can't have the cranks any farther out.

--
Spencer Hochberg

www.unicycle.tv/channel/Spencer
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
http://www.usenet.com

Blegas78
July 22nd 07, 08:46 AM
Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> with ISIS cranks you can't have the cranks any farther out.

Yeah, that sucks for roll tricks. Just wait for my mod cranks though
;)

--
Blegas78

Nothing is better than than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is
better than nothing, therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal
happiness.

"Rock Out Loud Yo!" -kid from Paper Bag Over the Head advertisement
http://www.usenet.com

wendino
July 22nd 07, 08:54 AM
Hi,

the self extracting does not work becuase the bolt are too short and
loose the contact to the axle thread before the crank is getting loose
:(

A normal crank extractor will not fit because the threads in the cranks
are not clockwise ...

You have to use a bearing puller. I think it is easier to remove cranks
and bearings together.

Cheers

Roland

--