PDA

View Full Version : Seat Post?

littleman
July 22nd 07, 12:05 AM
Has anyone ever or heard of someone that put the seatpost on the outside
diameter of the frame, so it doesnt actually go in the frame but on the
outside. I messed up on my order so the seat post is larger than the
actual frame diameter but it still fits snugg on the outside diameter.
If I got a larger seat post clamp would it work? Thanks.

--
littleman
http://www.usenet.com

Det-riot
July 22nd 07, 12:09 AM
you might cut yourself on it, though i think it might work, but im no
expert on seatposts.

oh and btw you might want a more descriptive thread title

--
Det-riot

Ducttape wrote:
> sounds like he toook a feild trip to jail.... DON'T DROP THE SOAP
> DUDE!!!

KOXX-ONE* DOES NOT* SUCK!!!!
'MRIS!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/2486qk)
'1000th Post' (http://tinyurl.com/33shzt)
http://www.usenet.com

onelesscar
July 22nd 07, 12:31 AM
Hmm...might work...but I can't imagine the seat post clamp would be able
to clamp it very well. If you look closely, the frame has a notch cut
out so the seat post clamp can "squeeze" the frame down. The seatpost
wouldn't "squeeze" down very well.

I'd say best bet would be to try and return it if you haven't
used/cut/scratched it yet, and get the right size.

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
http://www.usenet.com

johnfoss
July 22nd 07, 01:10 AM
I don't know, but it might squash or damage the top of the frame. Also,
since seat posts aren't made to fit *over* anything, they may have
rough edges on the inside that could make some nasty scratches. If you
do it I'd recommend a minimum of 3" of overlap.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view
http://www.usenet.com

feel the light
July 22nd 07, 01:15 AM
Even if you could find a suitable clamp (unlikely), and cut a slot in
the post so it could snug against the frame, the frame may be damaged.
It needs a post inside of it for strength.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com

oneisenough
July 22nd 07, 01:31 AM
feel the light wrote:
> Even if you could find a suitable clamp (unlikely), and cut a slot in
> the post so it could snug against the frame, the frame may be damaged.
> It needs a post inside of it for strength.

^^^^^^^^^
that sound like the best idea. even if a clamp fit it wouldn't work
because there isn't a cut in the post... the slit in the tube allows
the clamp to tighten it down and w/o a slit it wouldn't be able to
clamp the seatpost down on the other tube, so it would just spin and
slide.

--
oneisenough
http://www.usenet.com