PDA

View Full Version : i want to build a recumbent unicycle...

unirox13
July 23rd 07, 01:06 AM
...but i have absolutely no idea how to begin doing so. so my question
is; has anyone on here ever built one, if so how did you go about it? i
have an old bmx bike frame that i can weld and cut to fit my desires, i
just need to know what to add/take away in order to make a functioning
recumbent uni. i searched but couldn't find any real help. so any tips
would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot
Max

--
unirox13

It Takes Twice The man To Ride Half The Bike!
http://www.usenet.com

NKahler
July 23rd 07, 02:20 AM
Theres a video of one on youtube, but i forgot the name of it... :mad:

--
NKahler

______________________________
Check out some of my stuff! :D

http://nkahler.deviantart.com/
http://www.usenet.com

onelesscar
July 23rd 07, 02:31 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nnhTCOfDzqY

Might help to search on YouTube for "recumbent unicycle" :p

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
http://www.usenet.com

johnfoss
July 23rd 07, 04:08 AM
A good recumbent has a seat you can lean back on. The one in the video
looks a little precarious, but maybe just because the guy was new at
riding it. However it looks like the seat is about to pop out from
under him, which is why he's riding so carefully. How about something
like this?
http://www.unicycling.com/garage/recumben.htm

Needed design improvement on his is a chain guard. Looks like chain
stays on the bottom and seat stays up the back, though I don't remember
if it was more modified than a road bike frame or not. It was fun
trying it out! Comfortable, but I don't think it would be practical as
a replacement for a Coker or something. I wouldn't want to ride it real
fast.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view
http://www.usenet.com

AnOldCripple
July 23rd 07, 06:45 AM
http://www.unicycling.com/garage/recumben.htm
does this one even have a tire on it?

--
AnOldCripple
http://www.usenet.com

Hazmat
July 23rd 07, 09:21 AM
AnOldCripple wrote:
> http://www.unicycling.com/garage/recumben.htm
> does this one even have a tire on it?

That's a pretty good half-bike/recumbent there. :D :D

--
Hazmat

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote.
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
*Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition:D :D
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
*poll *http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62030
http://www.usenet.com

Google