PDA

View Full Version : LA Times article is out!

seriousslacker
July 23rd 07, 05:13 PM
Jamey and Eyal are featured in the two photos. The article is on the
last page of the health section under Fitness page F10 or go here

http://tinyurl.com/2o9os3

--
seriousslacker
http://www.usenet.com

MuniAddict
July 23rd 07, 05:20 PM
seriousslacker wrote:
> Jamey and Eyal are featured in the two photos. The article is on the
> last page of the health section under Fitness page F10 or go here
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2o9os3

Yeah Rod Wiley told us already.
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62791
Thanks Rod; the reporter did a nice writeup!

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com

entropy
July 23rd 07, 05:50 PM
Thanks Don (& Rod)!

I've only had time to glance at it, but it looks like the print version
is identical to the online article - same photos and verbage. The
photo of Jamey on the summit is fairly large in the print version,
taking up a large section of the page. It's a good shot!

--
entropy

Shut up and ride.
http://www.usenet.com

teachndad
July 23rd 07, 07:02 PM
I just remembered and ran down to the local 7-11 to buy a copy. Ditto
what Josh said.

I was hoping for some more photos, but that huge one taking up the
whole top half of the page is really good. We didn't get bumped to
some lower corner of a page. Good article all around.

They downplayed Jamey's fall and back injury, interestingly enough.

Hey Don, glad to see you're posting - I will add you to the Muni email
list.

Cheers everyone and thanks again to everyone who was able to make it
out for the interview and photo session.

Morgan, had a great quote, that I wish they had used. It went
something like, "If you don't like getting banged up and bruised, then
MUni isn't for you."

Thanks for the cudos, guys.

--
teachndad

Rod Wylie 'MountainUnicyclingLA.com'
(http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
'UnicycleTips.com' (http://UnicycleTips.com)
'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
http://www.usenet.com

S_Wallis
July 23rd 07, 10:04 PM
Great article, guys! I know from experience how hard it is to get a
newspaper or tv reporter to get it right, but it looks like they did a
good job. Nice photos too.

Scott

--
S_Wallis