PDA

View Full Version : Need help fixing cranks?

littleman
July 24th 07, 06:35 PM
My cranks are pretty messed up, ones flared out and one goes in. Does
that mean they're bent or do I just need to pull or hit them to be the
same. And if thats the case I've already tried and they're not budging.
I saw on unicycle.com something called an crank extractor. Do I need
one of those? What do those do?

--
littleman
http://www.usenet.com

kington99
July 24th 07, 07:36 PM
littleman wrote:
> My cranks are pretty messed up, ones flared out and one goes in. Does
> that mean they're bent or do I just need to pull or hit them to be the
> same. And if thats the case I've already tried and they're not budging.
> I saw on unicycle.com something called an crank extractor. Do I need
> one of those? What do those do?

If they're bent the only real course of action is to replace them.
Getting square taper cranks off a unicycle will require a crank
extractor tool. Square taper cranks are not expensive, but you do need
a few tools to get them off and on again.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com

skrobo
July 24th 07, 08:53 PM
unless you want to be old school cough cough...

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><
'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com

Brian O.
July 24th 07, 09:54 PM
Your local bike shop will have the tools to remove your bent cranks
however its doubtful they will have unicycle cranks in stock so check
out www.unicycle.com

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - *The First
Serious Unicycle Computer Game* - -Simple multiplayer muni concept demo
soon.-*
http://www.usenet.com

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home