PDA

View Full Version : Wheelset recommendations!

littleman
July 25th 07, 04:31 AM
I have literally a $10 wheelset, so it's just really bent and crappy.
I'm looking for a new one but I went on unicycle.com and there's three
pages of them. So I need help choosing the right one. I'm looking for a
wheelset that's under $200 with cranks or a wheelset with no cranks for
under $100. I'm into street but I'm a beginner and I don't plan on
doing anything to intense with trial, so I DON'T NEED TOP OF THE LINE!
So don't recommend the most expensive thing, because I already know
thats the best. I probally want splined cranks so I don't need to by a
crank extractor and they're stronger. Only the U.S unicycle.com please.
Thanks for your help. Joe.

--
littleman

Yes I do ride unicycles! Yes I am a freak!
http://www.usenet.com

wickedbob
July 25th 07, 04:47 AM
I say get a nimbus or dx rim whatever floats your boat and either a kh
or qu-ax crankset they are out of kh now and should get some in soon.
Spokes will be like 20-30 bucks so yeah a little, bit over 2hundo, but
if you go kh you can use that for street, flatland and trials. A bunch
say moments are the best for flatland at least from what I hear and
tons of street riders use them also they don't have the nub!. You can
grind that off though.

--
wickedbob

I am a bad speller! "Precision is as much a mindset as it is a
skill"-Loren
*R.I.P Johnny Hart*
*R.I.P Mitch Hedberg*

Ducttape wrote:
> not gonna show you it tonight becasue I am going to play with it until I
> go to bed to get it just right.........
http://www.usenet.com

littleman
July 25th 07, 05:07 AM
Anybody have a recommendation that has at least a hub rim and spokes
included. Also, where can you get kh parts in the u.s because I only
see them on the u.k site and that means $70 shipping.

--
littleman

Yes I do ride unicycles! Yes I am a freak!
http://www.usenet.com

onelesscar
July 25th 07, 09:29 AM
Well, if you only want parts of the UDC US site, that limits the options
on hub+crankset, as they have very few hubs.

I'd say get the Qu-Ax yellow hub and 145 cranks, Nimbus 48h Trials rim,
and 48 spokes. That's a $179 wheelset. That's a pretty awful street
hub, though.

If you ordered a lightweight hub+crankset, like the Qu-Ax ISIS light,
or the KOXX ISIS light, it'd be lighter, shorter cranks, and maybe
cheaper.

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
http://www.usenet.com

onelesscar
July 25th 07, 09:51 AM
I just looked around on the municycle.com website, and you can get a 19"
KH 07 rim, Moment hub, and a set of lightweight ISIS cranks for $177
shipped. Add $18 for spokes, and that's a $195 wheelset, shipped.

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
http://www.usenet.com