PDA

View Full Version : New Video: Uni Geezer: "Rockin' Radical Radial"

MuniAddict
July 25th 07, 05:16 AM
This is kindof like part ll to my last video. I wanted to try a few more
things on my 36er, like "coker-crank grabs", stair hops, different
mounts and other stuff. I also got my first ever "Muni-spin"...not
quite a 180, but I landed it! The "leg-around" coker mounts were
probably the hardest I've done, even more so than the kick-up! Just
hopping around on this 36er is like swinging 3 bats instead of one!
It's *really* tire-ing! :)

I thought of the title you see here *after* I had uploaded the video,
so that's why the title's different in the vid lol!

Hey, how do you know when you're hoplessly obsessed with unicycling?
When a woman tells you her measurments are "36 24 36"....and you
immediately think of Two Cokers & a Muni! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfSn0up7xe8

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com

MuniAddict
July 25th 07, 05:28 AM
kerosian wrote:
> your a sick puppy terry, you should be institutionalized because you've
> finally lost it :p

Why thank you!:rolleyes:

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com

Spencer Hochberg
July 25th 07, 05:38 AM
Ha cool, I want to see you go to rubber from a crank grab on the coker;)

--
Spencer Hochberg

www.unicycle.tv/channel/Spencer
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
http://www.usenet.com

torkerdx
July 25th 07, 05:41 AM
ok so where was the coker kick up from pedal grab>

--
torkerdx

johnfoss wrote:
> Yes, being old makes you stupid.
http://www.usenet.com

MuniAddict
July 25th 07, 05:42 AM
Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> Ha cool, I want to see you go to rubber from a crank grab on the coker;)

Haha yeah, that makes two of us! I'd have to do that sif to get enough
Umph! That's definitely something to try for! :)

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com

anton005
July 25th 07, 05:43 AM
Now we have proof that you've been spending way too much time with your
coker!

That little guy looked EXACTLY like YOU!

--
anton005
http://www.usenet.com

MuniAddict
July 25th 07, 05:52 AM
anton005 wrote:
> Now we have proof that you've been spending way too much time with your
> coker!
>
> That little guy looked EXACTLY like YOU!

haha! :p But "she" was already "with uni-child" when I got her! I was
just acting as the "mid-husband" haha! But yeah, the little tyke does
have "frame of steel", like me lol!

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com

puresyn
July 25th 07, 05:53 AM
Old and Bold. Thats what comes to mind. Thats a good thing btw. I hope
to be that athletic at your age. Thanks for the inspiration Terry.

Sean

--
puresyn

“Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on
the same night." -- Dave Barry
http://www.usenet.com

Unicorn
July 25th 07, 09:45 AM
Your Videos are Great!

I loved the Uni-Birth!

I hope that you are not wasting your creative mind on Unicycling
alone!
You should be an advertizing executive or something!

Keep up the great work!

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
http://www.usenet.com

Triball
July 25th 07, 04:13 PM
With each movie, I'm more interested in buying a coker:D

--
Triball
http://www.usenet.com

MuniAddict
July 25th 07, 05:11 PM
puresyn wrote:
> Old and Bold. Thats what comes to mind. Thats a good thing btw. I hope
> to be that athletic at your age. Thanks for the inspiration Terry.Sean

Thanks, I really appreciate that!:) I just wish I hadn't got such a
late start.:o

Unicorn wrote:
> Your Videos are Great!
>
> I loved the Uni-Birth!
>
> I hope that you are not wasting your creative mind on Unicycling alone!
> You should be an advertizing executive or something!
>
> Keep up the great work!
>
> Unicorn

Haha, it's so funny you mention "advertising executive"; before I became
a piano technician, I thought about getting in to that line of work!:D

Triball wrote:
> With each movie, I'm more interested in buying a coker:D

Go for it! You'll be glad you did!:D

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com

Uniman_3
July 25th 07, 05:32 PM
ur gonna be ryan atkins of trials on a coker before too long..haha
awesome vid though!

--
Uniman_3

Words are made to strike the minds of the unsuspecting.
http://www.usenet.com

Keldridge
July 25th 07, 05:34 PM
Well, yet again, another entertaining and awesome video...

I think you are better on a coker at trials than I am on anything...
:( ;)

Thanks! Keep it up...!

- Keld

--
Keldridge
http://www.usenet.com

thejdw
July 25th 07, 05:36 PM
sweet, how high is it from the crank to tyre?

--
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
> A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
> just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage :)

>>don't follow Jesus, follow me!<<
http://www.usenet.com

MuniAddict
July 25th 07, 05:43 PM
thejdw wrote:
> sweet, how high is it from the crank to tyre?

Well from the *center* of the axle to the top (or bottom) of the tire is
almost exactly 18". :) But from a crank grab position, it's closer to
19" since the bottom of the crank is about 1" lower than axle's center.
Yeah that would be a pretty big hop to rubber, since I wouldn't have
the tire compression to help me get up there!

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com

onelesscar
July 25th 07, 05:43 PM
thejdw wrote:
> sweet, how high is it from the crank to tyre?

Well, I'd guess about half of 36"...or 18":rolleyes:

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
http://www.usenet.com

Brian O.
July 25th 07, 05:54 PM
thejdw wrote:
> sweet, how high is it from the crank to tyre?

Somewhere around 18" give or take a few.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.otherworldsociety.org/projectuni) - *The First
Serious Unicycle Computer Game* - -Simple multiplayer muni concept demo
soon.-*
http://www.usenet.com

foforackard
July 25th 07, 05:58 PM
you rock terry! Are you coming to NAUCC?

--
foforackard

*unicycle for Christ*
http://www.usenet.com

MuniAddict
July 25th 07, 06:16 PM
foforackard wrote:
> you rock terry! Are you coming to NAUCC?

I wish I could! Too many work commitments and other stuff makes it
impossible.:( Have a great time and I hope ppl get lots of cool video
to show us after!

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com

timbob1907
July 25th 07, 06:22 PM
MuniAddict wrote:
> Well from the *center* of the axle to the top (or bottom) of the tire is
> almost exactly 18". :) But from a crank grab position, it's closer to
> 19" since the bottom of the crank is about 1" lower than axle's center.
> Yeah that would be a pretty big hop to rubber, since I wouldn't have
> the tire compression to help me get up there!

Id think that the crank would make it less... like 17 or 16". Still an
amazing hop on a coker. But you dont need tire compression on a pedal
grab, its just arm strength and technique. And nice suicide mount even
though you did cheat a little by using the stairs.

--
timbob1907

fluxusmaximus wrote:
> It looks like some deranged mad-man going berserk with a heavy metal
> object.

(\_/)
O 0
(><)This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature, help him on his way
to world domination.
'CarbonFibreSeat!'
http://www.usenet.com

thejdw
July 25th 07, 06:24 PM
onelesscar wrote:
> Well, I'd guess about half of 36"...or 18":rolleyes:

I'm taking the tyre into account :rolleyes:

--
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
> A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
> just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage :)

>>don't follow Jesus, follow me!<<
http://www.usenet.com

feel the light
July 25th 07, 07:37 PM
To watch ! I just recently learned to free mount my 20 and 24. I don't
have the smoothness (nerve:o ) to try it with the 36. You do make it
look so easy though.
I just noticed recently that udc sells a 36 " KH cro mo frame. Only 3
1/2 lbs, and kinda costly.
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=679
I wonder how much the radial weighs? I need to get in shape and
learn to out hop a turtle before it would do me any good. You likely
know about the frame already. What kind of, brand, of cranks are you
using ?
One thing you might want to try is 8$ nylon dimension pedals from AE
Bike. I use them on my 36 and I think they are great. At 330 grams they
are the lightest, and have good grip. I might be a bit off base, I am
sure practice and conditioning are way more important to hopping then
uni weight. Still, a 36 is the heaviest hopper I have seen, lighter
parts can't hurt.
Do you think what makes hopping on a 36 harder has mostly to do with
it's size, or weight ?
Anyway, thanks for the vid. I can't wait to see what you will do
next !:)

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com

Chexjc
July 25th 07, 09:11 PM
I really don't know what to say...

"It's time to set the record straight" - hahahahahaha:)

--
Chexjc

www.myspace.com/thelostguitarist
AIM: Guitardude88
Check out my videos!
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=JasonCheckla
http://www.usenet.com

MuniAddict
July 28th 07, 08:46 PM
feel the light wrote:
> Really fun stuff to watch ! I just recently learned to free mount my 20
> and 24. I don't have the smoothness (nerve:o ) to try it with the 36.
> You do make it look so easy though.
> I just noticed recently that udc sells a 36 " KH cro mo frame. Only 3
> 1/2 lbs, and kinda costly.
> http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=679
> I wonder how much the radial weighs? What kind of, brand, of cranks
> are you using ?
>
> Anyway, thanks for the vid. I can't wait to see what you will do
> next !:)

I think the radial frame is pretty darn light. I use the magnesium
"azonic" pedals and really like them as they are super light and
grippy, and low cost. I bought mine here: http://tinyurl.com/2d5dfm

Chexjc wrote:
> I really don't know what to say...
>
> "It's time to set the record straight" - hahahahahaha:)

haha I bet a lot of ppl saw that one coming!:p

timbob1907 wrote:
> Id think that the crank would make it less... like 17 or 16". Still an
> amazing hop on a coker. But you dont need tire compression on a pedal
> grab, its just arm strength and technique. And nice suicide mount even
> though you did cheat a little by using the stairs.

Yeah you're right...I had it backwards!:rolleyes: And yes I needed that
one step to help me be able to jump high enough for the suicide
mount...I'll have to try it again without the step. I think if I really
try and practice, I may be able to hop to rubber from a 36er crank
grab, but if I can hold balance, the pedal grab will be easier as I can
"swing" the uni up to rubber instead of using brute force lol!:D

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
http://www.usenet.com