PDA

View Full Version : Shameless

Unicorn
July 25th 07, 10:16 AM
Just a thought.

I saw a whole bunch of shameless unicycles at FLUCK. They tend to have
a KH frame and K1 hub and cranks. Why not a K1 frame and Moment Hub and
Cranks?

I think that the whole idea behind the Shameless is just to get nice
rim color schemes and to have that HUGE Koxx One logo on the cranks
while having the totally superior KH frame that does not kill the
inside of your knees. (A lot of people actually do like the Koxx One
bad ass party image.)

Just wondering.

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
http://www.usenet.com

onelesscar
July 25th 07, 10:22 AM
I would think it's because the KH frame is better (the Koxx frames are
either steel or XTP...) while the Koxx hub allows for shorter crank
sizes and zero q-factor.

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
http://www.usenet.com

iridemymuni
July 25th 07, 10:26 AM
ive got the 07 kh frame / seatpost / clamp / saddle thing going on,
hooked up to a koxx hub and cranks. i did this because i think the koxx
cranks and hub look better and have no q factor and came in better
sizes at the time.

i laced it to a shiny orange VIZ rim, rather than going with a koxx or
kh rim. i did this because i liked the colour better, the drilled holes
in the rim are smaller and ive heard its a great rim. i dont regret it.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
http://www.usenet.com

Sponge
July 25th 07, 11:34 AM
The Shameless mix is a great idea. I'd also like to see a reversed
Shameless... as in something like a Black Domina or XTP matched with a
KH Moment wheel and steel post/fusion street combo. It'd make the BD
and XTP more affordable in a sense...

I like the colour options that Viz offer, Owen, but ergh, the brakeline
indicator is bad. Not even us biketrials riders like it or want it.
McBendage. Sorry to be negative.

Going back to something more positive, who else thinks that a reverse
Shameless would be good? The Black Domina frame is fine for normal
riding but I doubt big drops is what it likes, but the XTP frame is
_actually_damn_strong_ contrary to the silly popular belief when I
first posted up pictures of the first cracked XTP. Thinking about it
logically NOW, it only makes sense that the XTP is stronger than the KH
frame because it took Joe Hodges less than 6 months each to break 2 KH
frames and took around the same time to only put a small crack into the
2 XTPs and are still ridden up to this day without the crack even
spreading the tiniest bit (yes, we do mark the cracks with pens to see
if the cracks spread over, which they haven't for months; one XTP is
over a year old and the other nearing a year old). But don't get me
wrong, the KH frame is still excellent, but I'm purely using it as a
comparison to the XTP to put it into perspective.

but whatever, the price is indeed ridiculous, and i'd prefer to see
Koxx put the best quality aluminium they have for their top-of-the-line
uni frame just like they have for their topend bike frames.

--
Sponge

MSN: feel free to add:)

> *Quote Joe Hodges: "Bikes are made for trials, unis aren't."* :rolleyes:

Our Koxx-One video to be released for FLUCK ;)
http://www.usenet.com

iridemymuni
July 25th 07, 11:36 AM
Sponge wrote:
> I like the colour options that Viz offer, Owen, but ergh, the brakeline
> indicator is bad. Not even us biketrials riders like it or want it.
> McBendage. Sorry to be negative.

thats fine be as negative as you want, i know its probably not as
strong as other rims but it doesnt bother me at all. it'll take any
abuse that i can personally throw at it so it's perfect for me.

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
http://www.usenet.com

Lutz
July 25th 07, 12:30 PM
I think it is no problem, and nothing new, to mix stuff from different
brands. But in my eyes I dont see an advantage mixing koxx and kh.
Because all parts from the KH are better and cheaper then similare
parts from koxx. If you want it colourefull you just can powdercoate
the stuff.

--
Lutz

'POINT RACING' (http://www.pointbike.de) | 'AJATA'
(http://www.ajata.de) |

'www.einradshows.de' (http://www.einradshows.de)
'www.extremeunicycling.de' (http://www.extremeunicycling.de)

'105' (http://www.ajata.de/2m/lutz/up.wmv) |
http://www.usenet.com

Jim
July 25th 07, 12:50 PM
Unicorn wrote:
> Just a thought.
>
> I saw a whole bunch of shameless unicycles at FLUCK. They tend to have
> a KH frame and K1 hub and cranks. Why not a K1 frame and Moment Hub and
> Cranks?
>
> Unicorn

Probably because you can buy Koxx wheelsets with lots of different
color rims and KH rims only come in black, and buying a ready built
Koxx wheel is easier than building a KH hub into a Koxx rim. You also
can't fit KH moment cranks to Koxx hubs.

The K1 frame is just a Nimbus style frame painted black and is nothing
special the XTP frame is better but expensive

jim

--
Jim
http://www.usenet.com