PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Unicycling

Joshua_L
July 26th 07, 05:52 AM
I did a search but couldn't find anything relevant. Basically, I ride a
KH 29(single-handledly restored my love of unicycling), but sometimes I
feel like riding when I'm inside. Are there any unicycles particularly
suited to riding indoors? Obviously, the smaller the wheel the better,
but I also don't really want to break the bank.

--
Joshua_L
http://www.usenet.com

onelesscar
July 26th 07, 06:43 AM
Plastic pedals, non-marking freestyle tire. Other than that, I'd say
just choose whatever other components you want.

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
http://www.usenet.com

Hazmat
July 26th 07, 02:48 PM
Joshua_L wrote:
> I did a search but couldn't find anything relevant. Basically, I ride a
> KH 29(single-handledly restored my love of unicycling), but sometimes I
> feel like riding when I'm inside. Are there any unicycles particularly
> suited to riding indoors? Obviously, the smaller the wheel the better,
> but I also don't really want to break the bank.

Have you tried a 16". They're good idea, especially with a long
seatpost. :D

Also a 20" might be another good idea. :D

--
Hazmat

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote.
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
*Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition:D :D
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
*poll *http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62030
http://www.usenet.com

flyer
July 26th 07, 02:49 PM
I do all my freestyle riding almost exclusively inside. Make sure you've
got plastic pedals and if you're in a gym get a non marking tire (primo
the wall comes in white, for example)

freestyle is pretty awesome. I recommend becoming addicted.

--
flyer
http://www.usenet.com

Joshua_L
July 26th 07, 03:17 PM
All good advice. I've never ridden anything smaller than a 24'', so
this will be an experience for me. I decided on the 20'' ultimate
wheel. Its tiny, I can take it around with me easily, and it is
hopefully durable enough to last. I'll update this thread when it
arrives with some impressions. Thanks.

--
Joshua_L
http://www.usenet.com

feel the light
July 26th 07, 03:24 PM
With a 20", using my left foot. Now I'm going to watch the Harry Potter
series while working magic on my right foot. I figure once I'm good
idling with both feet, backwards will be easier.

--
feel the light
http://www.usenet.com

yUNIkoner
September 1st 08, 11:51 PM
I live in the Yukon and our summer is coming to an end. I would like to
keep riding indoors this winter. I want to convert my 19"nimbus trials
to be more indoor friendly. Are there many non-marking indoor tires
for 19" trials rims? Does the white Try-All Stiky fit this
description?
Am i going to have to build up a 20" wheel to fit an indoor tire? Will
a 20" wheel fit my nimbus?
Are any pedals better that other for not marking or damaging gym
floors?

Thanks for your help!

--
yUNIkoner

Kilian
September 2nd 08, 12:29 AM
the white tryall is nonmarking. i want to get one but the shipping would
kill me:(

--
Kilian

warlord14 wrote:
> we need to build are numbers up then we can start on are way to unicycle
> domination.:D

yUNIkoner
September 2nd 08, 12:52 AM
Does anyone stock the White Try-all in North America? Canada?
I emailed Division 8 but haven't heard from them yet.

--
yUNIkoner

adjuggler
September 2nd 08, 01:15 AM
yUNIkoner wrote:
> Does anyone stock the White Try-all in North America? Canada?
> I emailed Division 8 but haven't heard from them yet.

Try renegade they get the black ones, and who knows maybe they will be
able to ship white.

--
adjuggler

-Last edited by 'SixSixOne' (sixsixone.com) :
'Youtube-ay' (youtube.com/adjuggler) at
'Vim:eo' (vimeo.com/adjuggler) PM.-
Anyone in the DC area up for a ride, gimme a buzz.
-David

jamessd
September 2nd 08, 01:19 AM
A 29er in a hall with a big apple tyre on is very fun, if you could find
a place to let you in. I remember riding round in a big circle spinning
the wheel really fast enjoying the feeling of next to no rolling
resitance.

--
jamessd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCsb3y-YOSk
Add me, but tel me who you are :p:

Kieron wrote:
> I tell u wat they would have to be a very commited pedo to learn to ride
> a unicycle in order to mingle with us, steel one of us and rape us in a
> bush.

yUNIkoner
September 2nd 08, 03:41 AM
How about fitting some type of 20" wheel on a 19" nimbus trials? Can
that be done? The tires and rims are smaller.

--
yUNIkoner

mornish
September 2nd 08, 04:54 AM
I 'might' be willing to sell one of my unused white tires, I have a
couple lying in the corner of my room right now. They would be pretty
expensive though, because they are expensive in the first place, and
then you would have to pay the shipping x2

--
mornish

email: mornish at gmail dot com
'The National Dept Clock' (http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/)
'definitely' (http://d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/)
'California Mountain Unicycle Weekend 2008'
(http://cmw08.blogspot.com/)

yUNIkoner
September 4th 08, 05:48 AM
mornish wrote:
> I 'might' be willing to sell one of my unused white tires, I have a
> couple lying in the corner of my room right now. They would be pretty
> expensive though, because they are expensive in the first place, and
> then you would have to pay the shipping x2

What type of tire are they?
19" or 20"

--
yUNIkoner

Kilian
September 4th 08, 11:21 PM
if u havent seen the thread renegadejuggling.com has white ones now
call/email them to order one i just did

--
Kilian

warlord14 wrote:
> we need to build are numbers up then we can start on are way to unicycle
> domination.:D

yUNIkoner
September 4th 08, 11:43 PM
They are already sold out!