PDA

View Full Version : Elite Trials Tire

isaac steiner
July 27th 07, 12:15 AM
Ive got this tire. Its called an "Elite" and it says Bike Trials on the
side and decided to put it on my uni. It is kinda a mix between a Luna
and a CC. Tell Me What You Think. And have you ever heard of this?
And if so do you know where to get one.

Isaac

|Filename: tire 3.jpg |

isaac steiner

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)
http://www.usenet.com

Mullethunter
July 27th 07, 01:50 AM
looks nice. is a luna pretty flat, like the one Luke Collalto uses? I
was thinking about getting one of those. if i'm not doing any muniing,
is a Luna better for street than a CC?

-jack

--
Mullethunter

In Minnesota? let's ride! E-mail me torker@doenges
http://www.usenet.com

isaac steiner
July 27th 07, 01:56 AM
id say so because its smoother...but im not a street ride so i cant say
but ive heard people say that luna is better for street..but yes i like
this tire.

--
isaac steiner

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)
http://www.usenet.com

skilewis74
July 27th 07, 02:04 AM
Is that the brand or the model?

Mullethunter wrote:
> looks nice. is a luna pretty flat, like the one Luke Collalto uses? I
> was thinking about getting one of those. if i'm not doing any muniing,
> is a Luna better for street than a CC?
>
> -jack

I've read that the Luna is lighter, w/ a thinner sidewall, so it's more
springy. So some can jump higher, but the springyness makes it a
little less stable. Also one has a softer compound than the other (I
don't remember which).

Of the people who had ridden both extensively seemed split on which was
better. It seems it's a matter of prefference.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Parafrasing a pro skater when asked for advise to kids who wanted to
get much better and maybee turn pro one day.
http://www.usenet.com

isaac steiner
July 27th 07, 02:07 AM
I think the brand is Elite. i dont know if there is a model...unless
the model is Elite and the brand is Bike Trial?

--
isaac steiner

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)
http://www.usenet.com

Hugo_Duguay
July 27th 07, 02:08 AM
The Luna tire isn't slick when new, but people shave it for street
riding because they find it gives a smoother ride.

I've ridden both for a long time, and I prefer the Luna for street,
because as I said, it's smoother. However, for Trials, I prefer much
more the CC, since it's so grippy compared to the Luna. The only
problem I've found with the Creepy Crawler is that it wears down faster
than the Luna.

-Hugo-

EDIT :
skilewis74 wrote:
> Of the people who had ridden both extensively seemed split on which was
> better. It seems it's a matter of prefference.

Response in my post, it depends on which style of riding.

skilewis74 wrote:
> I've read that the Luna is lighter, w/ a thinner sidewall, so it's more
> springy. So some can jump higher, but the springyness makes it a
> little less stable. Also one has a softer compound than the other (I
> don't remember which).

I don't really know when it comes to side hop, but when I changed my CC
to a Luna, the sidewall of the Luna was harder to flex...

--
Hugo_Duguay

"Unicycling is like masturbation, you just can't stop doing it !"

-Julien Renaud

Communauté des monocyclistes à Montréal : 'Monotréal'
(www.monotreal.bbconcept.net) !
http://www.usenet.com

Jerrick
July 27th 07, 02:25 AM
I love the CC. Brand new I find it great for everything. I have one CC
that is a year old, and completely bald, and I love to ride on it. So
smooth, for some reason it doesn't fold over. (I put a new tire on the
rim, put it to the same psi, and folded like crazy lol)

The bald CC still grips like crazy, plenty of skinnies and landing
right on the ledge and the tire just grabs and holds.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com

skilewis74
July 27th 07, 02:31 AM
Hugo_Duguay wrote:
> I don't really know when it comes to side hop, but when I changed my CC
> to a Luna, the sidewall of the Luna was harder to flex...

Oops, I maybee I remembered that a bit wrong:confused:

Have you noticed a difference in hop heights or side hops?

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Parafrasing a pro skater when asked for advise to kids who wanted to
get much better and maybee turn pro one day.
http://www.usenet.com

isaac steiner
July 27th 07, 02:32 AM
hmmm cool...what do people think of this tire though?

--
isaac steiner

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)
http://www.usenet.com

isaac steiner
July 27th 07, 02:47 AM
apparently its an old Monty tire...

--
isaac steiner

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)
http://www.usenet.com

Hugo_Duguay
July 27th 07, 03:07 AM
skilewis74 wrote:
> Oops, I maybee I remembered that a bit wrong:confused:
>
> Have you noticed a difference in hop heights or side hops?

I don't really know, as I'm not much of a trials rider, I don't think
it will change a lot, I think what is more important is the PSI in your
tube.

Sorry about the thread jack Isaac...

I'm really interrested by this tire, since I love both CC and Luna, but
for different reasons. So maybe this tire will be the perfect option. I
would like to know the softness of the compound and how fast it wears
down. So Isaac, once you're back on your uni, could you test it for us
? (Sorry, I'm asking you a lot these times...)

Thanks !
-Hugo-

--
Hugo_Duguay

"Unicycling is like masturbation, you just can't stop doing it !"

-Julien Renaud

Communauté des monocyclistes à Montréal : 'Monotréal'
(www.monotreal.bbconcept.net) !
http://www.usenet.com

skilewis74
July 27th 07, 03:23 AM
Hugo_Duguay wrote:
> I don't really know, as I'm not much of a trials rider, I don't think it
> will change a lot, I think what is more important is the PSI in your
> tube.
>
> Sorry about the thread jack Isaac...
>
> I'm really interrested by this tire, since I love both CC and Luna, but
> for different reasons. So maybe this tire will be the perfect option. I
> would like to know the softness of the compound and how fast it wears
> down. So Isaac, once you're back on your uni, could you test it for us
> ? (Sorry, I'm asking you a lot these times...)
>
> Thanks !
> -Hugo-

Well, assuming the same psi. (although ideal psi for jumping may be
different for each)

There is also the 'Monty 19X2.6' (http://tinyurl.com/23yy4r)

isaac steiner wrote:
> apparently its an old Monty tire...

Was it hidding in tinny print on the tire somewhere?

Once I had to look for almost five minutes to find out what size a tire
was.:( Usually it's at least in moderately sized letters.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Parafrasing a pro skater when asked for advise to kids who wanted to
get much better and maybee turn pro one day.
http://www.usenet.com

isaac steiner
July 27th 07, 03:25 AM
Hugo_Duguay wrote:
> I don't really know, as I'm not much of a trials rider, I don't think it
> will change a lot, I think what is more important is the PSI in your
> tube.
>
> Sorry about the thread jack Isaac...
>
> I'm really interrested by this tire, since I love both CC and Luna, but
> for different reasons. So maybe this tire will be the perfect option. I
> would like to know the softness of the compound and how fast it wears
> down. So Isaac, once you're back on your uni, could you test it for us
> ? (Sorry, I'm asking you a lot these times...)
>
> Thanks !
> -Hugo-

Can do. I will be riding next week probably.

What do you mean "sorry about the thread jack Isaac"? what are you
talking about?

But yes i will try to do a review on the tire.

Isaac

--
isaac steiner

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)
http://www.usenet.com

isaac steiner
July 27th 07, 03:52 AM
skilewis74 wrote:
> Well, assuming the same psi. (although ideal psi for jumping may be
> different for each)
>
> There is also the 'Monty 19X2.6' (http://tinyurl.com/23yy4r)
>

> Was it hidding in tinny print on the tire somewhere?
>
> Once I had to look for almost five minutes to find out what size a tire
> was.:( Usually it's at least in moderately sized letters.

Ya it is hard to see Elite but not hard to see 20x2.5

--

skilewis74 wrote:
> Well, assuming the same psi. (although ideal psi for jumping may be
> different for each)
>
> There is also the 'Monty 19X2.6' (http://tinyurl.com/23yy4r)
>

> Was it hidding in tinny print on the tire somewhere?
>
> Once I had to look for almost five minutes to find out what size a tire
> was.:( Usually it's at least in moderately sized letters.

Ya it is hard to see Elite but not hard to see 20x2.5

--
isaac steiner

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)
http://www.usenet.com

jarkko
July 27th 07, 08:41 AM
isaac steiner wrote:
> apparently its an old Monty tire...

Looks like one, may not very old though. There seem to be quite many
different kinds of Monty tires in circulation. I´ve seen a couple of
different variations of the 19x2.7 tire, and also have a couple of
19x2.5 tires for my trials bike. I can take a pic of it, if you want.

The older ones are quite sticky, but the rubber is very soft. They
don´t last long. The new ones, eagle claw variants, have a much nicer
rubber compound.

--
jarkko
http://www.usenet.com

isaac steiner
July 28th 07, 12:44 PM
If you want a tire like this go to www.montycanada.com and then go to
monty parts and scroll down and its at the very bottom of the page.
And contact them if you want to order one.

--
isaac steiner

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)
http://www.usenet.com

thejdw
July 28th 07, 10:00 PM

skilewis74 wrote:
> Oops, I maybee I remembered that a bit wrong:confused:

I think that correct, not 100%

--
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
> A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
> just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage :)

>>don't follow Jesus, follow me!<<
http://www.usenet.com

matti_marron
July 28th 07, 11:04 PM
its been used on older bikes, before Onza made there own tyres htis is
what they used, so same probably goes for montybut theyve generally
always had a tyre with a white stripe. But yeah its DEFINATLY an old
onza tyre my mate has exactly the same on the back of a late 1990's
t-pro

--
matti_marron
http://www.usenet.com

CKCrowe
July 28th 07, 11:36 PM
what is the cost differece between the Luna and the CC, I heard the Luna
lasts longer and is better for street, where the CC grips better and is
better for trails, I own a CC, never tried a Luna, depending on the
cost diffence I plan to buy a luna for my next tire in many months when
my CC is old and done. (not even half a year old)

--
CKCrowe

1-5 Hours a day....DX user....reviewing skills....

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=unicrankflipMy Youtube Account
http://www.usenet.com

Jerrick
July 29th 07, 01:35 AM
CKCrowe wrote:
> what is the cost differece between the Luna and the CC, I heard the Luna
> lasts longer and is better for street, where the CC grips better and is
> better for trails, I own a CC, never tried a Luna, depending on the
> cost diffence I plan to buy a luna for my next tire in many months when
> my CC is old and done. (not even half a year old)

Here's m'y 1+ year old CC tire'
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=WlgLAuvBG-Q). Rides smooth, springs
amazingly, doesn't fold as much as a new one for some reason, and grips
crazy. Works great for street and trials now.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com

brendan
July 29th 07, 03:02 PM
i was told the try-all tyres where much nicer to "bold" than the CC
cause the CC's once bold had pretty much no rubber so it was basically
like riding an inner tube.

the person who told me that had a really nice bald try-all tyre... in
fact i still have an old tryall tyre that i said i'd bold out, btu i
dont do street so....

--
brendan
http://www.usenet.com

Émile5
July 29th 07, 04:06 PM
To clear things up,

Luna is for street. It last longer than a CC, it grips less than a CC
so it rides smooth. Luna has thick sidewalls.

CC is for trial, it grips a lot, but doesn't last as long as the Luna.
The CC has little sidewalls.

--
Émile5
http://www.usenet.com

skrobo
July 29th 07, 04:26 PM
any one know about the Echo trials tire? ever tried it?

--
skrobo

><> Unicycle For Christ <><
'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com

zfreak220
July 29th 07, 05:54 PM
'sponge and joe' (http://tinyurl.com/yun7ho) agreed that it was the best
tire for trials, assuming you're riding a 19" set-up.

xav rides a bald try-all. he says to just cut off the nobs with a knife
and then just sand it down till smooth.

could also just do the freestyle pirouette thing for a while and then
flip the tire to get both sides bald.

--
zfreak220

KH fund: $361.21/$390-$28.79 left-august 4th

danger_uni wrote:
> I like my women like my gin; 10 years old and mixed up with coke.
http://www.usenet.com

isaac steiner
July 29th 07, 09:12 PM
skrobo wrote:
> any one know about the Echo trials tire? ever tried it?

Ive got it. But its on my bike...it used to be on my uni. It was
really smooth it would have been a good street tire except i didnt like
the white strip on the sidewalls.

--
isaac steiner

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)