PDA

View Full Version : Trials obstacles for California Muni Weekend - Santa Cruz - 07

corbin
July 27th 07, 07:59 PM
Hi all,
Here are more pictures of what we have been building. Check the link
out for all pictures:

http://tinyurl.com/35dpmm

[image:
http://lh5.google.com/corbin.dunn/RqpAfenNG_I/AAAAAAAAAcE/YUVCE6CkqEM/s400/IMG_6100.jpg]

[image:
http://lh6.google.com/corbin.dunn/RqpAhunNHCI/AAAAAAAAAcc/pbMzJY-ycWM/s400/IMG_6123.jpg]

[image:
http://lh5.google.com/corbin.dunn/RqpAkenNHII/AAAAAAAAAdM/nFStzAFZobw/s400/IMG_6117.jpg]

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
http://www.usenet.com

phlegm
July 27th 07, 08:39 PM
Awesome! You've been busy with fun stuff! I've been busy with work
stuff. :mad:

--
phlegm
http://www.usenet.com

torkerdx
July 27th 07, 08:43 PM
some of that looks sick. you should probably put in a big up and a good
size gap or 2. maybe some gaps to skinnys. kinda like what zack did
in defect on the lunch line bars. except not that high of course.

--
torkerdx

johnfoss wrote:
> Yes, being old makes you stupid.
http://www.usenet.com

corbin
July 27th 07, 10:30 PM
torkerdx wrote:
> some of that looks sick. you should probably put in a big up and a good
> size gap or 2. maybe some gaps to skinnys. kinda like what zack did
> in defect on the lunch line bars. except not that high of course.

Yeah, im hoping to do some of those things too.

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
http://www.usenet.com

corbin
July 27th 07, 10:33 PM
phlegm wrote:
> Awesome! You've been busy with fun stuff! I've been busy with work
> stuff. :mad:

Next weekend i think we will do more building and stuff. I'll email you
next week.

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
http://www.usenet.com

gerblefranklin
July 28th 07, 03:39 AM
Mmm, it looks very different in pictures.

Corbin, I've been thinking we should start making more obstacles that
aren't ladder bridges. From memory and from that album, it seems that
wider, taller skinnies are a bit over-represented, while lower, thinner
skinnies are rarer.

Torkerdx, try to remember that we are making this course for a full
range of riders, not just the upper end. I personally think we should
steer clear of simple large hops, and instead make them smaller and
more technical (rather than some 3' hop from nowhere to nowhere, make
it a 2' hop up to a post or a 2x4 on edge to ride). By making the hops
smaller but more technical, the course is more accessible to more
riders, while still giving a substantial challenge to the more advanced
riders. Case in point, I am confident I can do a 3' hop with a couple
of tries, but that second line I named would be a lot more challenging
and fun.

All that said, there's already at least one line which is just a big
(>38") pedalgrab without space for a prehop. I'm sure we'll be able to
find more.

--
gerblefranklin

Nick's main man.

"I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex
http://www.usenet.com

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home