PDA

View Full Version : would a kris holm frame fit?

lwap
July 31st 07, 04:38 PM
I wanted to know if a kris holm 20" frame would fit onto my onza hub.
The bearings arent 100mm apart would this matter?
lwap

--
lwap
http://www.usenet.com

thejdw
August 3rd 07, 11:30 AM
I think so, not sure though

--
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
> A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
> just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage :)
http://www.usenet.com

lwap
August 3rd 07, 12:11 PM
well thanks anyway. i think that it might be possible to move the
bearings if i make the bearing spacers smaller so ill probably do that.

--
lwap
http://www.usenet.com

Eddbmxdude
August 3rd 07, 12:14 PM
lwap wrote:
> well thanks anyway. i think that it might be possible to move the
> bearings if i make the bearing spacers smaller so ill probably do that.

You could make up some spacers up so that the bearings are the right
distance apart. It depends how much wider or narrower the frame is than
the hub. Sorry, I have no experience with KH stuff!

Can you get a picture up?

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com

lwap
August 3rd 07, 12:23 PM
all i know is that the bearings are 107-108mm apart i got the feeling
that was to wide. i dont really know anything about kris holm stuff. I
just thought i would ask you guys before i went out and bought the
frame.

lwap

--
lwap
http://www.usenet.com

Eddbmxdude
August 3rd 07, 12:36 PM
Just re-read your original question. Yeah im pretty sure you can easily
get an onza hub to fit. I have an Onza hub too and there is quite a bit
of room for adjustment. Just get the frame and when it arrives make up
some spacers to suit.

Hope that helps!

Where abouts in the Uk are you, btw?

Rock on!
Edd

--
Eddbmxdude

Its like England here....Iv never seen so much sun!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

"Unicycling only makes you look like a freak when you're riding." -
Unisteve
http://www.usenet.com

lwap
August 3rd 07, 12:45 PM
thanks alot:) oh and im near manchester

lwap

--
lwap
http://www.usenet.com

thejdw
August 3rd 07, 04:16 PM
if it dossen't fit I'm sure you'll easly be able to resell a brand new
kh frame if you nock £10 off

--
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
> A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
> just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage :)
http://www.usenet.com

lwap
August 3rd 07, 05:57 PM
yeh should be able to :) id better start saving
Thanks for everyones help

lwap

--
lwap
http://www.usenet.com

thejdw
August 3rd 07, 09:55 PM
report back if it works :)

--
thejdw

kington99 wrote:
> A hobnob is an oaty biscuit, the fact that they don't exist in america
> just goes to show that you have no culinary heritage :)
http://www.usenet.com

brendan
August 4th 07, 05:10 PM
try email roger from udc about it. Or roland from mdc

--
brendan
http://www.usenet.com

Unicorn
August 5th 07, 06:54 AM
I think that they will fit each other. Dont forget that KH and ONZA did
a lot of developement together and that the KH 2005 and ONZAs used the
same hubs and cranks. the only difference was the frames.

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!
http://www.usenet.com

BYZA
August 5th 07, 07:24 AM
i am pretty sure that it will fit, what year onza hub have you got?

kh bearing spaces are 100mm so if you look on say udc they will tell
you the bearing centres and the overall diameter if the od of the
bearings you have is 42mm and uds says that the spaceing is 100mm then
it will definateley fit

--
BYZA

improving each day
CRANKFLIP CHAMPION!! 1st place )---'O, Crankflip
latest vid Roll it, Roll it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB1nFn_OZx4

Street Dog (my older vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijM6vbhc5xs
thats my msn right there
http://www.usenet.com