PDA

View Full Version : Monarch Crest Trail, Colorado

MuniSano
July 31st 07, 05:54 PM
Has anybody any experience with this trail? I've been Googling for info
on it and it sounds pretty awesome. Rated as one of the best mountain
*ike epics in the country with options from 28-50 miles. ~1000-1500
feet of climb in the first 12 miles but in the remaining miles (routes
vary) you drop 4500-5000 feet! From video and photos I've seen looks
like some awesome single track. Probably not very technical, but I
like to ride long XC so I'm going to head out there and do it in a
couple weeks time. Looks like the thing to do is leave a car at Poncha
Springs, CO and either hire a shuttle, or else get a ride to Monarch
Pass (I guess one could ride all the way up!). I'll post some photos
and stuff when I get back.

--
MuniSano
http://www.usenet.com

osmundo
July 31st 07, 06:54 PM
Never done it but i've heard it is great. If you're looking for company
I'd be interested.

--
osmundo
http://www.usenet.com

aspenmike
July 31st 07, 11:53 PM
:) Send me a PM and lets see if we can coordinate the ride together, you
to Osmundo. This is the year for me to ride it and yes, it will be
EPIC:D To ride the whole loop would be a 24 hour epic, headlamps, etc,
but very doable. :eek: It will be soooo much fun to ride with you guys.

--
aspenmike
http://www.usenet.com

Google