PDA

View Full Version : Crawley Convention

Twisted Jester
July 31st 07, 10:40 PM
Anyone doing Crawley this year, I'll be there again from Friday night.

Aug 11th - 12th

http://www.circuswurx.co.uk

--
Twisted Jester
http://www.usenet.com

BungleBanks
July 31st 07, 11:25 PM
yer man i'l be there, were camping with our big pirate flag as usual,
come and find us!

thanks again for letting me use your 29'er at the BJC

bungle

--
BungleBanks

So many people ask me "if i can ride that thing?" and i say "no i just
push it round for fun!"

www.southendjuggling.com
:p
http://www.usenet.com

leo_h
August 1st 07, 12:07 AM
Yeah hopefully will be in attendance this year as most my juggling group
(aylesbury jugglers) lot intend to. I'm trying to persuade edd to
attend this year too and i think he might enjoy it (btw please can
people help me encourage/persuade him to attend by giving him comments
about how great crawly is an stuff, cheers).

Edd crawly is awsome! after all is known as "the freindly convention"!

leo

--
leo_h

Wheres my other wheel?! i'v only got one thats why its called a
"uni"cycle IDIOT!

Secret message!

The only certainty is that nothing is certain.
http://www.usenet.com

mikepenton
August 1st 07, 01:03 PM
Madeleine and I will be there too

--
mikepenton

Uni - The Unicycle Magazine
'www.unicyclemagazine.com' (http://www.unicyclemagazine.com)
http://www.usenet.com

amanda.gallacher
August 1st 07, 02:57 PM
Me and Rocco wanna go, but costing around £50 each for transport +
entrance fee, it's just too much for our summer budget.

--
amanda.gallacher

-->sorry für mein beschissenes deutsch<--
'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
'kris holm' (http://www.krisholm.com)

Smilymarco wrote:
> its just too small
http://www.usenet.com

Twisted Jester
August 1st 07, 04:45 PM
BungleBanks wrote:

> thanks again for letting me use your 29'er at the BJC
>
> bungle

No worries mate, look forward to seeing you there

--
Twisted Jester
http://www.usenet.com

coleshill.mark
August 1st 07, 05:33 PM
I'll be there. I live 20mins from Crawley and no all the good local
riding spots if any of you fancy going for a ride. There's some great
street and trials spots and even places to muni! I'll be at the
convention all week so if you wana ride PM before and we'll arange it!
See u there

--
coleshill.mark
http://www.usenet.com

kington99
August 1st 07, 10:21 PM
Me, loose, smout, ruper and packer will all be in evidence. We wil no
doubt bring muhcos unicycles.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com

Mikeswarbrick
August 1st 07, 10:47 PM
kington99 wrote:
> Me, loose, smout, ruper and packer will all be in evidence. We wil no
> doubt bring muhcos unicycles.

Makes it so tempting to go....

If only I had a car, I wonder if Lucas is heading down, might need to
text him.

Mike

--
Mikeswarbrick
http://www.usenet.com

kington99
August 1st 07, 10:48 PM
Mikeswarbrick wrote:
> Makes it so tempting to go....
>
> If only I had a car, I wonder if Lucas is heading down, might need to
> text him.
>
> Mike

Oh you love the engineering crew Mike. Also i have two litres of very
high quality vodka sitting on my desk that may well be administered
freely.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com

Mikeswarbrick
August 1st 07, 10:52 PM
kington99 wrote:
> Oh you love the engineering crew Mike. Also i have two litres of very
> high quality vodka sitting on my desk that may well be administered
> freely.

Last time I drunk vodka I can't remember the whole night. One whiff of
the stuff and I am rat-arsed.

But I really would like to attend, from what I've heard it's really
good. And haven't seen the engineering crew in a long time so that
would be cool.

Mike

--
Mikeswarbrick
http://www.usenet.com

Danny Colyer
August 1st 07, 11:41 PM
coleshill.mark wrote:
> I'll be at the convention all week

Err, it's a 2 day convention.

Anyway, since I've vaguely volunteered to organise unicycle jousting
heats on the Saturday[1], does anyone have any thoughts on how best to
do it?

My thought was to put the names of all the participants in a hat, then
draw them at random. Each participant in the heats would get to joust
against 3 others. Each joust would then be best of 3, with points
being scored for a win. The participants with the most points would go
through to the finals.

I'm open to alternative suggestions. We might be able to get everyone
jousting against more than 3 others, depending on how many people want
to joust.

[1] I suggested unicycle jousting to Dave for the games, to go with the
mediaeval theme, but he correctly pointed out that it would take too
long. So if I organise heats on Saturday, we can have the finals in
the games on Sunday.

--
Danny Colyer

http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
http://www.usenet.com

leo_h
August 3rd 07, 02:15 PM
Jousting! what a great idea (suiting the theme n' all).
Yeah your names in the hat method sounds a good way of doing it,
although perhaps there should be several different categories like age
groups, say 8-10 years, 10-15 years then 15 up, just to ensure there
wouldn't be any really little kids with really big kids etc.

Mikeswarbrick wrote:

> If only I had a car, I wonder if Lucas is heading down, might need to
> text him.

Would be great to see you guys there, should be a great laugh (you
could even teach me triple backflips mike!):D

leo

--
leo_h

Wheres my other wheel?! i'v only got one thats why its called a
"uni"cycle IDIOT!

Secret message!

The only certainty is that nothing is certain.
http://www.usenet.com

kington99
August 3rd 07, 03:24 PM
We did jousting at crawley a few year ago. I think there were only about
8 participants so they did it at the end of the games. We were put in
to random pairs and the winner went through to the next round. Each
round was best of three jousts. Having eliminators on the saturday
sounds like more fun though with the anticipation of the final on the
sunday to top it off.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com

annaats
August 5th 07, 12:27 PM
Im going to be there! bringing some friends and family too. its going to
be awesome! Jousting sounds like fun, i did it a few years ago in the
games, but since then there are alot more unicyclists who go, so having
heats is definately a good idea.
Amanda - please come! you know crawley is worth whatever it costs to
get there!! and it would mean you have a really fun birthday! and mike
it would be good if you could come too, you should force lucas to drive
you - the more the merrier!
Looking forward to it! itll be great to see everyone again :)

--
annaats

It will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.

Be who you are and say what you feel, as those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.
http://www.usenet.com

BungleBanks
August 9th 07, 12:37 AM
everyone get there!

it will be fun, it is what you make it and the more people that make it
there the merrier it wil be!

moose my renegade act is dedicated to you so you beter be there!

:D

B X

--
BungleBanks

So many people ask me "if i can ride that thing?" and i say "no i just
push it round for fun!"

www.southendjuggling.com
:p
http://www.usenet.com

Loosemoose
August 9th 07, 02:45 PM
BungleBanks wrote:
> moose my renegade act is dedicated to you so you beter be there!

You bet I'm gonna be there, but I'm not promising that i'll be sober
enough to appreciate your efforts. I'll give it a good go tho :P.

See you all tomorrow!!

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Vice President - Southampton University Circus Society

"Come on you target for far away laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..." - Pink
Floyd
http://www.usenet.com

kington99
August 9th 07, 03:01 PM
Loosemoose wrote:
> You bet I'm gonna be there, but I'm not promising that i'll be sober
> enough to appreciate your efforts. I'll give it a good go tho :P.
>
> See you all tomorrow!!
>
> Loose.

oh sweet loose, we weren't sure if you were going to be coming. Me
smootus and the pack attack will be arriving prob around 6-7ish, bag us
a spot if you get there first.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com

annaats
August 13th 07, 03:18 PM
What an awesome weekend! Was great to see so many people there, one of
the best yet out of the 8 or so ive been to! ive made a facebook group
for it so search for crawley appreciation group and join to share
memories and photos.

See you all next year!

Anna.

--
annaats

It will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.

Be who you are and say what you feel, as those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind.
http://www.usenet.com

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home