PDA

View Full Version : Riding the 10K at NAUCC : seat upgrade problems

tomkarches
August 1st 07, 02:32 AM
I'm planning to ride in the 10K at NAUCC tomorrow. I was about to switch
the KH Fusion Freeride from my Bedford 29 to my Torker 24 when I
noticed that the seat bases are not compatible, and the seatpost
diameters are different.

So, I either need a seatpost for my Torker that will take the KH seat,
or basically any way to get a more comfortable seat on the Torker. And
I need it tomorrow. I was initially planning to ride my Bedford 29, but
decided that I don't want to compete against geared 36's :-)

I'll be driving up to Saline in the morning (I'm staying with my sister
in Bowling Green). If anyone can help me out or has a suggestion, let
me know. I'll check my messages before I leave in the morning.

Thanks,
Tom

--
tomkarches
http://www.usenet.com

zfreak220
August 1st 07, 03:44 AM
yea, the only seat for the lx is the lx seat or the miyata one. best
option would be to buy a new seatpost for the lx so that you can use
the KH fusion and basically any other seat. should be able to find a
dealer at naucc.

good luck from back home!

-conrad

--
zfreak220

KH fund: $361.21/$390-$28.79 left-august 4th

danger_uni wrote:
> I like my women like my gin; 10 years old and mixed up with coke.
http://www.usenet.com

johnfoss
August 1st 07, 05:02 AM
I have an old-style Miyata seat on my Freestyle uni. Standard Miyata
post diameter (whatever that was). You can try that, but it doesn't
have a handle, just the old-school bumper.

Also I have a much more recent Nimbus version of the KH seat on my 24",
which is also "done" for the convention. I already took the cranks off
to put on the Coker I'll be riding. Same size post; if the diameter is
right it should also fit, which gives you two choices of seat. Find me
at Lakeshore Park or later when we all get to Rolling Hills.
916-267-8809

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view
http://www.usenet.com

zfreak220
August 2nd 07, 04:59 AM
how'd it go?

--
zfreak220

KH fund: $361.21/$390-$28.79 left-august 11th

danger_uni wrote:
> I like my women like my gin; 10 years old and mixed up with coke.
http://www.usenet.com

tomkarches
August 3rd 07, 03:26 PM
zfreak220 wrote:
> how'd it go?

I placed 1st for 19 and older :-)

Time : 48:40

I rode on the Torker LX seat, but wore some extra padding to
compensate. Started getting uncomfortable about 2/3 of the way into the
race.

I guess those hilly 4 mile rides did some good.

--tom

--
tomkarches
http://www.usenet.com

johnfoss
August 4th 07, 02:13 AM
tomkarches wrote:
> I placed 1st for 19 and older :-)
>
> Time : 48:40

Wow, great for you!

That was the 24" category, BTW. Kudos to everyone who rode that
"longer" version of the race in the near-record heat! I pity everyone
who doesn't have, or couldn't bring, something larger. I'm lucky enough
to know great people who loan me unicycles to race on, even if they
happen to be brand new! :)

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view
http://www.usenet.com

tomkarches
August 4th 07, 02:34 AM
johnfoss wrote:
> Wow, great for you!
>
> That was the 24" category, BTW. Kudos to everyone who rode that
> "longer" version of the race in the near-record heat! I pity everyone
> who doesn't have, or couldn't bring, something larger. :)

I actually brought my 29. Strategically, a rider of my experience (13
months) racing an non-geared 29 in the unlimited race would have put me
at quite a disadvantage. In its' own crazy way, the limited race was
the only one where I thought I would have a chance of performing
reasonably well. I'm still pretty stunned at how well I did.

I didn't ride at all yesterday, and did a 2 mile ride today. That 10K
was the hardest physical activity I have ever done, but very satisfying
to have completed.

--tom

--
tomkarches
http://www.usenet.com

johnfoss
August 4th 07, 02:54 AM
tomkarches wrote:
> In its' own crazy way, the limited race was the only one where I thought
> I would have a chance of performing reasonably well. I'm still pretty
> stunned at how well I did.
>
> I didn't ride at all yesterday, and did a 2 mile ride today. That 10K
> was the hardest physical activity I have ever done, but very satisfying
> to have completed.

You have a point with that 24" category. A non-geared 29" isn't
competitive at all against Schlumpfs and 36ers. That's why I didn't
bring mine! :)

Now you may get hooked. My first racing experience was coming in 3rd in
the "mile" race in 1980 (for riders 15 and up or so). I thought that
was HUGE, and trained heavily for the following years...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view
http://www.usenet.com

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home