(http://tinyurl.com/29yyts)
The engadget folks don't seem to know the difference between a unicycle
and a dicycle. ;)

Following the sources back eventually takes you to a story at canoe.ca
published on May 22. The canoe article never uses the word "unicycle"
or "dicycle".
Canoe Technology: 'Teen scientists rev their motors'
(http://tinyurl.com/24zxgu)

> The Tango is designed with two side-by-side wheels and an R6 Yamaha
> frame with hand machined parts that the motorcycle body is made of.
>
> As far as what it’s made of on the inside, it too has electronic
> technology used in everyday appliances like the Nintendo Wii uses to
> detect angle and motions said Gulak.
>
> “Accelerometers,” he said. “That’s what gives the relative position of
> the bike relative to the ground so the driver leans forward and gives
> it angle and the speed at which he’s leaning forward. And that’s what
> we use to control the wheels.”
>
> As the rider leans over the gas tank like on a sports bike the Tango
> still distributes the majority of the weight along the wheels. As
> you’re turning you depend on your weight as you lean to one side and to
> the other side, which is automatically detected by the system the
> wheels have in place.
>
> “The wheels have got an actuating system so if you lean to your right
> one wheel will rise up and the whole bike will tilt over to that side,”
> Gulak said. “So you still experience high g turns like on a regular
> bike.”
>
> The Tango can reach top speeds of 40 miles per hour and Morrow claims
> it is more practical than the Segway or the embryo from Bombardier.

|Filename: unotango.jpg |

john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
http://www.usenet.com

AnOldCripple
August 1st 07, 07:00 PM
Wow i want one. I wish I was that smart/rich.

--
AnOldCripple
http://www.usenet.com

underdog
August 1st 07, 07:18 PM
Wow!! A Segway that you could actually kill yourself on!!

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
http://www.usenet.com

Triball
August 1st 07, 07:40 PM
Wow! The third thread about this in an hour

--
Triball
http://www.usenet.com

Joe2005
August 1st 07, 07:47 PM
underdog wrote:
> Wow!! A Segway that you could actually kill yourself on!!

Exactly what i was thinking.

The problem with one wheeled vehicles is stopping FAST...your face gets
slammed into the ground at 40mph. This is cool but a no go.

We need star trek technology (anti gravity) for this to work.

--
Joe2005

nobody knows what happened to that boy after that.-Nutcracker

i know. he was kidnapped by aliens, learnt their ways, stole the
biggest ship he could, travelled back in time by mistake and crashed
the plane on the earth surface. he was the one who killed the
dinosaurs. -ivan
http://www.usenet.com

john_childs
August 2nd 07, 12:28 AM
Triball wrote:
> Wow! The third thread about this in an hour

This thread was the first of the three. I win! :D

'Save the Earth, Ride a Unicycle'

'Not quite a uni...'

john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Never Wash Your Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
http://www.usenet.com

evil-nick
August 2nd 07, 02:12 AM
DOH!!! :'(

At least this thing is real, as opposed to the Embryo by Bombardier,
which I think is only in mockup... I'll take one of these though, I'll
just wear a lot of armor and a full face helmet ;)

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
http://www.usenet.com

Triball
August 2nd 07, 10:29 AM
john_childs wrote:
> This thread was the first of the three. I win! :D
>
> 'Save the Earth, Ride a Unicycle'
> (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63094)
>
> 'Not quite a uni...'
> (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63095)