PDA

View Full Version : Wheel True'ing & Building in Kingston / Wimbledon Area

September 7th 07, 03:34 PM
I live in the Kingston area and have got a problem with my back
wheel. My LBS is OK at most things, but not expert at this.

I want to get to true'd (or maybe re-built) and am looking for
somewhere that can do a really good job. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Michael

Rob Morley
September 7th 07, 04:09 PM
In article om>,
says...

> I live in the Kingston area and have got a problem with my back
> wheel. My LBS is OK at most things, but not expert at this.

They sell things with wheels, but can't fix wheels - great, is there a
BSO equivalent for bike shops, maybe a BSSO? :-)

> I want to get to true'd (or maybe re-built) and am looking for
> somewhere that can do a really good job. Any recommendations?

Get a decent spoke key
http://www.cyclebasket.com/products.php?plid=m5b92s280p8?
and a can of GT85 and do it yourself?

p.k.[_2_]
September 7th 07, 04:46 PM
wrote:
> I live in the Kingston area and have got a problem with my back
> wheel. My LBS is OK at most things, but not expert at this.
>
> I want to get to true'd (or maybe re-built) and am looking for
> somewhere that can do a really good job. Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

AW cycles between south Wimbledon and Colliers wood

pk

ps the guy in there started as a Saturday Boy 50odd years ago and is still
there! In the back room they still have an Enamelling set up from the days
when they use to build frames!

September 9th 07, 10:16 AM
On 7 Sep, 16:46, "p.k." > wrote:

> AW cycles between south Wimbledon and Colliers wood
>
> pk

Thanks - took the wheel in there yesterday & it looks like he did a
good job. Splendid old shop as well.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home