PDA

View Full Version : BBC HYS on kiddies not getting enough exercise

Martin Dann
September 14th 07, 12:08 AM
http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?threadID=7351&sortBy=1

A chance to encourage the use of the Right Foot(TM) and
Left Foot(TM) for commuting.

Martin.

Peter Scandrett[_2_]
September 14th 07, 08:19 PM
Martin Dann wrote on 14/09/2007 00:08:
> http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?threadID=7351&sortBy=1
>
> A chance to encourage the use of the Right Foot(TM) and Left Foot(TM)
> for commuting.

One of the replies says,

"Since I was young I have been riding my bike in Delamere Forest. We
have built many courses for kids to play on and even had the support of
the forestry comission and lottery who gave us an area to build in and
money to do it. Now the H&S brigade are coming in to tear down our hard
work, the work of all the kids who visit, and our community. What
message does that send out to kids who are actually getting out there
and trying to achieve something?"

Does anyone know anything about this? I go to Delamere Forest from time
to time to ride around - it's a lovely place. What's the background?

Peter

--
http://www.scandrett.net/lx/
http://www.scandrett.net/bike/