PDA

View Full Version : Hovis Freewheel Stuff has Arrived

POHB
September 14th 07, 07:02 PM
Free bell and bib. But best of all - a pack of bicycle Top Trumps.

Helen Deborah Vecht
September 14th 07, 09:39 PM
POHB >typed

> Free bell and bib. But best of all - a pack of bicycle Top Trumps.

Featuring some very naff bikes IMO.

I hope my partner can cope with the tabard's ties. I doubt the tabard
will survive the gentlest cycle in the washing machine and will need to
be *r*n*d afterwards.

Still, the leaflet proclaims there'll be free Hovis sandwiches in the
picnic area...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Tony Raven[_2_]
September 14th 07, 11:00 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht > wrote in
:

> Still, the leaflet proclaims there'll be free Hovis sandwiches in the
> picnic area...

Probably be a photocopy of a sandwich pictures to cut out and colour in ;-)

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell

John Hearns[_2_]
September 15th 07, 12:02 AM
On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 21:39 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

> Still, the leaflet proclaims there'll be free Hovis sandwiches in the
> picnic area...
Cue New World symphony, and many hungry cyclists.

More like Dvorak meets Shaun of the Dead.
Or Dvorak meets Little Shop of Horrors. "Feed Me! Feed Me Now!"

POHB
September 15th 07, 11:39 AM
On 14 Sep, 21:39, Helen Deborah Vecht > wrote:
> POHB >typed
>
> > Free bell and bib. But best of all - a pack of bicycle Top Trumps.
>
> Featuring some very naff bikes IMO.

Now I've looked at them I must agree, apart from maybe the Chopper and
the Velocipede.

So... what bikes do we think should be in the pack? An all-time
classic list. Contributions please

Helen Deborah Vecht
September 15th 07, 03:59 PM
POHB >typed

> On 14 Sep, 21:39, Helen Deborah Vecht > wrote:
> > POHB >typed
> >
> > > Free bell and bib. But best of all - a pack of bicycle Top Trumps.
> >
> > Featuring some very naff bikes IMO.

> Now I've looked at them I must agree, apart from maybe the Chopper and
> the Velocipede.

> So... what bikes do we think should be in the pack? An all-time
> classic list. Contributions please

Dawes Super Galaxy, Thorn Audax, Swallow Toucan tandem...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

bob
September 15th 07, 04:50 PM

>> So... what bikes do we think should be in the pack? An all-time
>> classic list. Contributions please
>
>Dawes Super Galaxy, Thorn Audax, Swallow Toucan tandem...

Dursley Pedersen
http://www.dursley-pedersen.net/
--
Geomannie

Helen Deborah Vecht
September 15th 07, 05:06 PM
bob >typed

> >> So... what bikes do we think should be in the pack? An all-time
> >> classic list. Contributions please
> >
> >Dawes Super Galaxy, Thorn Audax, Swallow Toucan tandem...
> >

> Dursley Pedersen
> http://www.dursley-pedersen.net/

That's a thought; I passed mine on to Mr Hall of this parish...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Rob Morley
September 16th 07, 03:45 AM
In article om>, POHB
says...
> On 14 Sep, 21:39, Helen Deborah Vecht > wrote:
> > POHB >typed
> >
> > > Free bell and bib. But best of all - a pack of bicycle Top Trumps.
> >
> > Featuring some very naff bikes IMO.
>
> Now I've looked at them I must agree, apart from maybe the Chopper and
> the Velocipede.
>
> So... what bikes do we think should be in the pack? An all-time
> classic list. Contributions please

Holdsworth Professional, Raleigh Twenty, one of the original Moultons,
Paris Galibier, curly Hetchins, Bates with Diadrant forks, some Mercian
or other, Baines Flying Gate, Claud Butler SWB tandem, one of Mr. Kirk's
strange magnesium beasts, Brompton, that Cannondale with a single-sided
fork ...

September 16th 07, 02:11 PM
On Sep 15, 11:39 am, POHB > wrote:
> On 14 Sep, 21:39, Helen Deborah Vecht > wrote:
>
> > POHB >typed
>
> > > Free bell and bib. But best of all - a pack of bicycle Top Trumps.
>
> > Featuring some very naff bikes IMO.
>
> Now I've looked at them I must agree, apart from maybe the Chopper and
> the Velocipede.
>
> So... what bikes do we think should be in the pack? An all-time
> classic list. Contributions please

Every one I ever owned, 8-freight, pashley pickle

best wishes
james

Tim Hall
September 17th 07, 11:49 AM
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:06:33 +0100, Helen Deborah Vecht
> wrote:

>bob >typed

>> >Dawes Super Galaxy, Thorn Audax, Swallow Toucan tandem...
>> >

>> Dursley Pedersen
>> http://www.dursley-pedersen.net/
>
>That's a thought; I passed mine on to Mr Hall of this parish...

Still going strong, TAAW.

Although a pedant points out it's a Cheltenham Pedersen.

http://www.dursley-pedersen.net/replicas/cheltenham.html

Tim

Danny Colyer
September 27th 07, 09:50 PM
On 14/09/2007 21:39, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
> POHB >typed
>>Free bell and bib. But best of all - a pack of bicycle Top Trumps.
>
> Featuring some very naff bikes IMO.

I think I read somewhere that it also features a Kris Holm unicycle
(can't remember which model). So not all naff.

--
Danny Colyer <http://www.redpedals.co.uk>
"The plural of anecdote is not data" - Frank Kotsonis

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home