PDA

View Full Version : Wiggle delays

Tom Crispin
September 30th 07, 10:43 AM
On 17 August I placed an order with Wiggle for 18 cycle computers to
put on pool bicycles.

Since then I have had the following emails from Wiggle.

==========

Aug 17 2007 8:10AM

Re order no: 6180405486 for Mr.Tom Crispin :

The following items will be despatched as soon as possible:
Cateye Velo 5 Cycle Computer - We expect stock of this product to
arrive in Mid August 2007

As you have selected our Free Delivery Option, your order will be
despatched as soon as ALL the items are in stock. If we're still
waiting for something to arrive after 5 working days, we'll despatch
what we have got. Out of stock items are on their way to us from our
suppliers and we are not aware of any problems.

If you want to receive the items we do have in stock as soon as
possible, reply to this email requesting Priority Delivery. We will
add £3.99 for delivery to your order and despatch the items we do have
in stock as soon as we can.

Yours
The Wiggle Customer Services Team
Contact Wiggle Customer Services by replying to this message

==========

22/8/2007

Hi

Re order from Mr. Tom Crispin for Cateye Velo 5 Cycle Computer - -

We're sorry but we've just been informed that our suppliers are
currently out of stock of this product. Our suppliers have told us
that more stock is due into the UK in approximately late august

Your order will be despatched as soon as the goods arrive.

Contact Wiggle Customer Services by replying to this message

==========

6/9/2007

Hi

Re order from Mr. Tom Crispin for Cateye Velo 5 Cycle Computer - -

We're sorry but we've just been informed that our suppliers are
currently out of stock of this product. Our suppliers have told us
that more stock is due into the UK in approximately early september

Your order will be despatched as soon as the goods arrive.

Contact Wiggle Customer Services by replying to this message

==========

18/9/2007

Hi

Re order from Mr. Tom Crispin for Cateye Velo 5 Cycle Computer - -

We're sorry but we've just been informed that our suppliers are
currently out of stock of this product. Our suppliers have told us
that more stock is due into the UK in approximately late september

Your order will be despatched as soon as the goods arrive.

Contact Wiggle Customer Services by replying to this message

==========

27/9/2007

Hi,

Re order number 6180405486 which you made on wiggle 3 weeks [ahem - 6
weeks ago] ago.

We're still waiting for the goods you ordered to arrive. We
automatically cancel unfulfilled orders after a month - which means
this order has a week left until it expires. If you want to keep
waiting longer than this, you will need to extend the expiry date for
this order by clicking on the link below:

[Snip]

Thanks

Wiggle Customer Services

Jim
September 30th 07, 11:28 AM
I had a Velo 5 for about as long as it took to get home and get back to the
shop, it doesn't have a trip function, so was useless for my purposes. I
went for the Velo 8 which does but neither is as good as my 14 year old
Mity.
Jim J

"Tom Crispin" > wrote in message
> [...]
>
> We're sorry but we've just been informed that our suppliers are
> currently out of stock of this product. Our suppliers have told us
> that more stock is due into the UK in approximately late september
>
> Your order will be despatched as soon as the goods arrive.
>
> Contact Wiggle Customer Services by replying to this message
>
> ==========
>
> 27/9/2007
>
> Hi,
>
> Re order number 6180405486 which you made on wiggle 3 weeks [ahem - 6
> weeks ago] ago.
>
> We're still waiting for the goods you ordered to arrive. We
> automatically cancel unfulfilled orders after a month - which means
> this order has a week left until it expires. If you want to keep
> waiting longer than this, you will need to extend the expiry date for
> this order by clicking on the link below:

Jim
September 30th 07, 12:07 PM
Yeah, sorry. It does have a trip distance function but no trip time
function. (I've just checked the combined instruction manual )
It also doesn't display average speed, pace arrow or calories used, although
the latter is a bit pointless IMO.
The Velo display is quite large but somehow still mananges to be difficult
to read, I reckon about 30% of the display area is taken up by the
"hundreds!" digit on the speed. I don't ever expect to see a "1" here even
on km/h.
The other annoying thing about the Velos is that you can only have 24hr time
format if you select km/h (12hr format on mph), still I wouldn't trust it as
a watch (it gains about 1 min per month).
Oh and I should mention that the Velo is much more prone to shutting off in
rain than the Mity.
Jim J

"mb" > wrote in message
l...
> Jim wrote:
>
>> I had a Velo 5 for about as long as it took to get home and get back
>> to the shop, it doesn't have a trip function...
>
> Eh? Are you sure?
> http://www.cateye.com/en/product_detail/411 Says it has...
>
> --
> Mike
> Van Tuyl titanium Dura ace 10
> Fausto Coppi aluminium Ultegra 10
> Raleigh Record sprint mongrel
> Huissoon project bike (in bits, natch)

Tom Crispin
September 30th 07, 04:16 PM
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 12:07:03 +0100, "Jim" > wrote:

>Yeah, sorry. It does have a trip distance function but no trip time
>function. (I've just checked the combined instruction manual )
>It also doesn't display average speed, pace arrow or calories used, although
>the latter is a bit pointless IMO.
>The Velo display is quite large but somehow still mananges to be difficult
>to read, I reckon about 30% of the display area is taken up by the
>"hundreds!" digit on the speed. I don't ever expect to see a "1" here even
>on km/h.

I think that the Velo 5 has all the functions an average primary
school child could be interested in.

Paul Boyd
October 1st 07, 08:28 AM
Jim said the following on 30/09/2007 12:07:
> Yeah, sorry. It does have a trip distance function but no trip time
> function. (I've just checked the combined instruction manual )
> It also doesn't display average speed, pace arrow or calories used, although
> the latter is a bit pointless IMO.
> The Velo display is quite large but somehow still mananges to be difficult
> to read, I reckon about 30% of the display area is taken up by the
> "hundreds!" digit on the speed. I don't ever expect to see a "1" here even
> on km/h.
> The other annoying thing about the Velos is that you can only have 24hr time
> format if you select km/h (12hr format on mph), still I wouldn't trust it as
> a watch (it gains about 1 min per month).
> Oh and I should mention that the Velo is much more prone to shutting off in
> rain than the Mity.

This might be a silly question, but if all these things are important to
you then why didn't you check before you bought it? It might be worth
looking at some of the Sigma offerings - their website even has a very
nice "simulator" for its current computers so you can even try it out on
your PC!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Jim
October 1st 07, 07:29 PM
The only thing I needed was the trip time, which is why I didn't keep the
Velo 5 but swapped it for the 8, the other things are minor irritations
which probably wouldn't have been apparent even after reading the
instructions.
It never occurred to me that a basic 2006 cycle computer might had less
functions(and be larger) than 1994 basic model.
Still this will all be irrelevant when by Kellogs cyclometer arrives.
I'll try the Sigma website, I'd like more features but my problem is trying
to read the display without specs (I'm long sighted) especially if I'm down
in the drops.
Jim J

"Paul Boyd" <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote in message
> This might be a silly question, but if all these things are important to
> you then why didn't you check before you bought it? It might be worth
> looking at some of the Sigma offerings - their website even has a very
> nice "simulator" for its current computers so you can even try it out on
> your PC!
>
> --
> Paul Boyd
> http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Andy Morris
October 2nd 07, 12:09 AM
Tom Crispin wrote:
> On 17 August I placed an order with Wiggle for 18 cycle computers to
> put on pool bicycles.
>
> Since then I have had the following emails from Wiggle.

email history snipped

I think, they've been fair enough, you ordered more they they had in
stock, their supply chain didn't have any in, they kept you informed. It
might well of taken a week or two for the order to go up and down the
supply chain, until they found out their were none available.

Tom Crispin
October 2nd 07, 07:33 AM
On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 00:09:44 +0100, Andy Morris
> wrote:

>Tom Crispin wrote:
>> On 17 August I placed an order with Wiggle for 18 cycle computers to
>> put on pool bicycles.
>>
>> Since then I have had the following emails from Wiggle.
>>

>email history snipped
>
>I think, they've been fair enough, you ordered more they they had in
>stock, their supply chain didn't have any in, they kept you informed. It
>might well of taken a week or two for the order to go up and down the
>supply chain, until they found out their were none available.

My suspicion was that they send out a standard letter when they are
out of stock:

===========

Hi,

Re order from [TITLE FORENAME SURNAME] for [PRODUCT] - -

We're sorry but we've just been informed that our suppliers are
currently out of stock of this product. Our suppliers have told us
that more stock is due into the UK in approximately [IF DATE < 15 THEN
"late" MONTH ELSE "early" (MONTH + 1)].

Your order will be despatched as soon as the goods arrive.

Contact Wiggle Customer Services by replying to this message

==========

I have emailed Wiggle asking for them to contact Cateye directly to
find out when stock will arrive. They have replied that they receive
stock from a 3rd party called Zyro, and it is they who have repeatedly
said "2 weeks". So, perhaps Zyro need to speak with Cateye!

And to answer previous concerns about the functions of the Velo 5,
spot the difference:

http://www.zyro.co.uk/product_detail.asp?pid=237
http://www.zyro.co.uk/product_detail.asp?pid=1549

I wonder if the change is the reason for the stock problem...

Peter Scandrett[_2_]
October 2nd 07, 04:25 PM
Andy Morris wrote on 02/10/2007 00:09:
> Tom Crispin wrote:
>> On 17 August I placed an order with Wiggle for 18 cycle computers to
>> put on pool bicycles.
>>
>> Since then I have had the following emails from Wiggle.
> email history snipped
>
> I think, they've been fair enough, you ordered more they they had in
> stock, their supply chain didn't have any in, they kept you informed. It
> might well of taken a week or two for the order to go up and down the
> supply chain, until they found out their were none available.

For what it's worth I had an order for some neoprene boots with Wiggle
that were out of stock when ordered (the rest of the order, IIRC, was in
stock and despatched) and in a similar fashion the ETA kept shifting
back (about three times I think). When they eventually came into stock
they were delivered promptly but I spotted that they'd gone down in
price by a fiver in the meantime. I queried this and they refunded the
price difference; thought it was a little naughty that this didn't
happen automatically (particularly after all the delays) but to be fair
they did let me know what was going on.

Regards

Peter

--
http://www.scandrett.net/lx/
http://www.scandrett.net/bike/

POHB
October 2nd 07, 04:54 PM
On 2 Oct, 16:25, Peter Scandrett > wrote:
> For what it's worth I had an order for some neoprene boots with Wiggle
> that were out of stock when ordered (the rest of the order, IIRC, was in
> stock and despatched) and in a similar fashion the ETA kept shifting
> back (about three times I think). When they eventually came into stock
> they were delivered promptly but I spotted that they'd gone down in
> price by a fiver in the meantime. I queried this and they refunded the
> price difference; thought it was a little naughty that this didn't
> happen automatically (particularly after all the delays) but to be fair
> they did let me know what was going on.

Yeah I get the impression they're highly automated, but there are some
real people there who can and do override things if you query.

I had some out-of-stock brake pads on order for ages until I realised
they had exactly the same thing in stock but in packs of 2 instead of
4 (or somesuch).

However, when I had a moan at them about a rubbish courier who twice
put a card through the door and ran away instead of ringing the bell
they gave me a 10 quid voucher, even though it wasn't exactly their
fault.

Martin Dann
October 2nd 07, 05:53 PM
POHB wrote:

> However, when I had a moan at them about a rubbish courier who twice
> put a card through the door and ran away instead of ringing the bell
> they gave me a 10 quid voucher, even though it wasn't exactly their
> fault.

That would not be citystink would it? At least they put
the card through your letter box.

I had an order from wiggle that they split into two (one
part was initially out of stock).
City stink claimed to have tried to deliver one of the
packages three times, and the other two. Out of these
attempts I was definately in at least twice, but did not
hear my doorbell ring, and had one card for all five
attempts (the last attempt I recall). I cycled to city
stinks warehouse to find that one of the boxes had been
returned to wiggle.

This puts me off using wiggle, as I have never had a
problem with royalmail delivering (or actually leaving a
card if I am out).

Martin.

Brian G
October 2nd 07, 06:32 PM
Martin Dann wrote:
> POHB wrote:
>>
>> However, when I had a moan at them about a rubbish courier who twice
>> put a card through the door and ran away instead of ringing the bell
>> they gave me a 10 quid voucher, even though it wasn't exactly their
>> fault.
>
> That would not be citystink would it? At least they put the card through
> your letter box.
>
> I had an order from wiggle that they split into two (one part was
> initially out of stock).
> City stink claimed to have tried to deliver one of the packages three
> times, and the other two. Out of these attempts I was definately in at
> least twice, but did not hear my doorbell ring, and had one card for all
> five attempts (the last attempt I recall). I cycled to city stinks
> warehouse to find that one of the boxes had been returned to wiggle.
>
> This puts me off using wiggle, as I have never had a problem with
> royalmail delivering (or actually leaving a card if I am out).

It's a contrary world. I've never had a single problem with a Wiggle
delivery and I've found CityLink the best of the various couriers we've
had make deiliveries in recent times.

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk

Paul Boyd
October 3rd 07, 08:00 AM
Martin Dann said the following on 02/10/2007 17:53:

> That would not be citystink would it? At least they put the card through
> your letter box.
> This puts me off using wiggle, as I have never had a problem with
> royalmail delivering (or actually leaving a card if I am out).

I also now avoid using wiggle for that reason. ****tyStink are the
worst courier out there, locally. I did at least get a card, but only
on the second and final attempt. I attempted to ring them up to ask for
the parcel to be redirected to work - then after multiple phone calls
where I was either on hold indefinitely or just cut off, I noticed on
the card that they can't redirect without written clearance from the
sender. I ring wiggle, they won't allow it to be redirected. The
****tyStink depot is about a 60 mile round trip away, so bugger that for
a game of soldiers. In the end I just reordered what I wanted from CRC,
and waited for the parcel to be returned to wiggle when I got credited
in full.

If I know in advance that the courier will be SS, then I can make
arrangements, but as wiggle had been quite successfully using RM for
years I had no idea that they'd changed. Even then, if it's anything
bulky that I can't get home on my bike then I'll use a different shop.

As a slight aside, we used to use them at work to deliver to our
customers. After the umpteenth letting down of customers because
****tyStink couldn't be bothered to collect we changed courier. The
icing on the cake? We had a letter from them saying that they'd noticed
we'd stopped using them. Rather then try to find out why and try to
encourage us to come back, the letter informed us that the account would
be closed!

There, I feel better now :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Jonathan Schneider
October 3rd 07, 08:21 AM
I _always_ attach "by Royal Mail PLEASE" to my online orders. Their
depot is a mile away whereas none of the couriers have depots nearer
that Barf Hill (Cambridgeshire). Also posties tend have have some
imagination when it comes to leaving stuff. Last time I called a
courier I spent a while on hold and was called back only to find it
was due to the new Farnell catalogue. Boring (relatively).

Jon

POHB
October 3rd 07, 08:57 AM
On 2 Oct, 17:53, Martin Dann > wrote:
> That would not be citystink would it? At least they put
> the card through your letter box.

I think it may have been, I had an hour's round trip to Heston to
collect it from their depot.

I must say I like Chain Reaction for using Parcelforce. You get a
tracking number and can watch your parcel move through the system on
the PF website.

Paul Boyd
October 3rd 07, 12:53 PM
Jonathan Schneider said the following on 03/10/2007 08:21:
> I _always_ attach "by Royal Mail PLEASE" to my online orders. Their
> depot is a mile away whereas none of the couriers have depots nearer
> that Barf Hill (Cambridgeshire). Also posties tend have have some
> imagination when it comes to leaving stuff. Last time I called a
> courier I spent a while on hold and was called back only to find it
> was due to the new Farnell catalogue. Boring (relatively).

That is always annoying - you're expecting a parcel, you get a card, you
excitedly arrange to get the parcel from the courier..... and it isn't
what you thought it was!

I had that a few months ago when I had some mystery shirts delivered to
me from an eBay seller[1] - traipsed to the PO to collect my exciting
new purchase, and thought "this isn't supposed to be soft and squidgy".
Still have absolutely no idea where the shirts came from, and to add
insult to injury I had a bizarre heavy nosebleed whilst walking there -
I ended up at the Asda garage water dispenser to clean myself up!

[1] I know it was eBay because no-one else I buy from still uses "Avon"
as the county, but eBay don't recognise "North Somerset".

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Brian G
October 3rd 07, 06:42 PM
POHB wrote:

> I must say I like Chain Reaction for using Parcelforce. You get a
> tracking number and can watch your parcel move through the system on
> the PF website.

Can't you do the same on CityLink?

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk

Paul Boyd
October 4th 07, 07:59 AM
Brian G said the following on 03/10/2007 18:42:

> Can't you do the same on CityLink?

You can, but with them you hit deadlock if the parcel is at a depot a
million miles away from where you live, you can't get hold of them on
the phone to arrange collection anyway and they won't allow you to get
the parcel redirected to work. With PF the parcel will either be
dropped off at a local Post Office if you're not in, or taken back to
the depot where you can actually speak to someone to arrange either
redelivery to work or collection.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Roos Eisma
October 4th 07, 11:25 AM
Paul Boyd <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> writes:

>Brian G said the following on 03/10/2007 18:42:

>> Can't you do the same on CityLink?

>You can, but with them you hit deadlock if the parcel is at a depot a
>million miles away from where you live, you can't get hold of them on
>the phone to arrange collection anyway and they won't allow you to get
>the parcel redirected to work. With PF the parcel will either be
>dropped off at a local Post Office if you're not in, or taken back to
>the depot where you can actually speak to someone to arrange either
>redelivery to work or collection.

When CityLink delivered a small rug to us last month they just put it in
the blue bin, just like the postie and many other delivery people. Maybe
it depends on local individuals.

Roos

Marc
October 4th 07, 11:31 AM
Roos Eisma wrote:
> Paul Boyd <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> writes:
>
>> Brian G said the following on 03/10/2007 18:42:
>
>>> Can't you do the same on CityLink?
>
>> You can, but with them you hit deadlock if the parcel is at a depot a
>> million miles away from where you live, you can't get hold of them on
>> the phone to arrange collection anyway and they won't allow you to get
>> the parcel redirected to work. With PF the parcel will either be
>> dropped off at a local Post Office if you're not in, or taken back to
>> the depot where you can actually speak to someone to arrange either
>> redelivery to work or collection.
>
> When CityLink delivered a small rug to us last month they just put it in
> the blue bin, just like the postie and many other delivery people. Maybe
> it depends on local individuals.
>
> Roos

Roos! I didn't realise you posted here as well as Peter, just finished
looking at your wedding pics.

Paul Boyd
October 4th 07, 12:28 PM
Roos Eisma said the following on 04/10/2007 11:25:

> When CityLink delivered a small rug to us last month they just put it in
> the blue bin, just like the postie and many other delivery people. Maybe
> it depends on local individuals.

Round here they won't leave stuff out. Besides, I haven't got a blue
bin :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Roger Merriman
October 4th 07, 12:48 PM
Paul Boyd <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote:

> Roos Eisma said the following on 04/10/2007 11:25:
>
> > When CityLink delivered a small rug to us last month they just put it in
> > the blue bin, just like the postie and many other delivery people. Maybe
> > it depends on local individuals.
>
> Round here they won't leave stuff out. Besides, I haven't got a blue
> bin :-)

well certinaly posties aren't suposed to doorstep, leave with the lady
next door or even leave in a blue bin. but plenty do which is fine as
long as nothing goes missing.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com

Tim Hall
October 4th 07, 01:24 PM
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:31:05 +0100, marc
> wrote:

>Roos Eisma wrote:

>> When CityLink delivered a small rug to us last month they just put it in
>> the blue bin, just like the postie and many other delivery people. Maybe
>> it depends on local individuals.
>>
>> Roos
>

>Roos! I didn't realise you posted here as well as Peter, just finished
>looking at your wedding pics.

And she writes to Velovision.

--

Tim

Sara Kirk
October 4th 07, 03:04 PM
In article >,
Paul Boyd <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote:

> Brian G said the following on 03/10/2007 18:42:
>
> > Can't you do the same on CityLink?
>
> You can, but with them you hit deadlock if the parcel is at a depot a
> million miles away from where you live, you can't get hold of them on
> the phone to arrange collection anyway and they won't allow you to get
> the parcel redirected to work. With PF the parcel will either be
> dropped off at a local Post Office if you're not in, or taken back to
> the depot where you can actually speak to someone to arrange either
> redelivery to work or collection.

I wish they wouldn't leave stuff at the local PO. Mine is abysmal and
often refuses to admit they've got parcels when you go to get them. On
one occasion I even had a copy of the docket they'd signed but they
still denied all knowledge. The last time this happened I ended up
standing my grouns and insisting they look beyond the front items on the
shelf they store things on - and lo and behold! my parcel *was* there
after all. Grrrrr.

--
Sara

The teeth are free at last! Fly free, young teethies!

John Kane
October 4th 07, 03:52 PM
On Oct 4, 7:28 am, Paul Boyd <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote:
> Roos Eisma said the following on 04/10/2007 11:25:
>
> > When CityLink delivered a small rug to us last month they just put it in
> > the blue bin, just like the postie and many other delivery people. Maybe
> > it depends on local individuals.
>
> Round here they won't leave stuff out. Besides, I haven't got a blue
> bin :-)
>
> --
> Paul Boydhttp://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

What's a blue bin in this context? Here it is the recycling box ; not
ideal for postal deliveries.
John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Paul Boyd
October 4th 07, 04:42 PM
John Kane said the following on 04/10/2007 15:52:

> What's a blue bin in this context? Here it is the recycling box ; not
> ideal for postal deliveries.

I was kinda wondering that myself!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Roos Eisma
October 4th 07, 06:41 PM
John Kane > writes:

>On Oct 4, 7:28 am, Paul Boyd <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote:
>> Roos Eisma said the following on 04/10/2007 11:25:
>>
>> > When CityLink delivered a small rug to us last month they just put it in
>> > the blue bin, just like the postie and many other delivery people. Maybe
>> > it depends on local individuals.
>>
>> Round here they won't leave stuff out. Besides, I haven't got a blue
>> bin :-)
>>

>What's a blue bin in this context? Here it is the recycling box ; not
>ideal for postal deliveries.

It is the paper recycling bin which lives at the back of the house until
we bring it to the road once every forthnight for collection.
Postie usually puts a note through the door that there is a parcal in the
blue bin, so AFAIK we haven't lost any to recycling yet!

For parcels I prefer the blue bin over the brown bin which is compostable
waste ;)

Roos

Tom Crispin
October 4th 07, 09:54 PM
On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 07:33:27 +0100, Tom Crispin
> wrote:

>And to answer previous concerns about the functions of the Velo 5,
>spot the difference:
>
>http://www.zyro.co.uk/product_detail.asp?pid=237
>http://www.zyro.co.uk/product_detail.asp?pid=1549
>
>I wonder if the change is the reason for the stock problem...

I made this suggestion to Wiggle - and guess what... The product is
now winging its way to me via Royal Mail, so it should arrive sometime
next year, and Wiggle have updated their product description:

www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?ProdID=5360029335

I'm delighted the speed display is still up to 185mph! But it still
has no trip time function. The 0.12.59 on the display photo is the
time, nearly 13 minutes past midnight, not the trip time as is appears
to try to represent. Naughty, naughty, cateye.

Don Whybrow
October 4th 07, 10:14 PM
Roos Eisma wrote:
> John Kane > writes:
>> What's a blue bin in this context? Here it is the recycling box ; not
>> ideal for postal deliveries.
>
> It is the paper recycling bin which lives at the back of the house until
> we bring it to the road once every forthnight for collection.
> Postie usually puts a note through the door that there is a parcal in the
> blue bin, so AFAIK we haven't lost any to recycling yet!
>
> For parcels I prefer the blue bin over the brown bin which is compostable
> waste ;)

Our postie uses the girls playhouse for this purpose.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

Invalid thought detected. Close all mental processes and restart
body.

The Luggage
October 5th 07, 09:08 AM
On 4 Oct, 12:48, (Roger Merriman) wrote:

> well certinaly posties aren't suposed to doorstep, leave with the lady
> next door or even leave in a blue bin. but plenty do which is fine as
> long as nothing goes missing.

One of ours takes 'not doorstepping' to the extreme, writing the card
before he's even rung the doorbell, and not hanging around even 20
seconds for the missus (with toddler in tow) to answer the door. We're
fairly sure he's not even rung the doorbell on a couple of occasions,
just shoved a card through the door. Maybe he couldn't be bothered
lifting the package out of the van.

TL

POHB
October 5th 07, 09:29 AM
On 4 Oct, 15:04, Sara Kirk > wrote:
> > > Can't you do the same on CityLink?

I was in hourly phone conversation with a nice person at the depot,
but the dork driving the van who did the card-and-run non delivery
wasn't answering his phone or replying to messages.

> I wish they wouldn't leave stuff at the local PO. Mine is abysmal and
> often refuses to admit they've got parcels when you go to get them. On
> one occasion I even had a copy of the docket they'd signed but they
> still denied all knowledge. The last time this happened I ended up
> standing my grouns and insisting they look beyond the front items on the
> shelf they store things on - and lo and behold! my parcel *was* there
> after all. Grrrrr.

Grrr indeed. I'm happy when stuff gets left at the local sorting
office coz it's only a couple of mins ride away, opens early so I can
pop in before work and is friendly and reliable. Unlike any of the
courier depots which are miles away. The Parcel Force depot is miles
away too but fortunately they now leave stuff at the PO sorting
office.

Phil Cook
October 5th 07, 09:40 AM
The Luggage wrote:

>On 4 Oct, 12:48, (Roger Merriman) wrote:
>
>> well certinaly posties aren't suposed to doorstep, leave with the lady
>> next door or even leave in a blue bin. but plenty do which is fine as
>> long as nothing goes missing.

If you want your postie to leave in your special place or with a
neighbour you have to let the delivery office know in writing so that
when something does go wrong they can blame you.

>One of ours takes 'not doorstepping' to the extreme, writing the card
>before he's even rung the doorbell, and not hanging around even 20
>seconds for the missus (with toddler in tow) to answer the door. We're
>fairly sure he's not even rung the doorbell on a couple of occasions,
>just shoved a card through the door. Maybe he couldn't be bothered
>lifting the package out of the van.

What happens in cases like this...

The postie and the driver have had an argument as to who is going to
take your package and the driver has lost on condition the postie
fills out the notice left card beforehand.

OR

The postie has forgotten to take the package with him. Then when
he/she gets back to the office put it in callers and next day taken
out a card.

Paul Boyd
October 5th 07, 10:05 AM
POHB said the following on 05/10/2007 09:29:

> Grrr indeed. I'm happy when stuff gets left at the local sorting
> office coz it's only a couple of mins ride away, opens early so I can
> pop in before work and is friendly and reliable. Unlike any of the
> courier depots which are miles away. The Parcel Force depot is miles
> away too but fortunately they now leave stuff at the PO sorting
> office.

I'm with you on that. I'm quite happy to have stuff left round the
back, but even if it's taken back to the sorting office that's only
about a mile away, if that. Friendly service and opens early, but don't
bother trying to phone them because they won't answer it!

The ParcelFarce depot is, I think, around 40 mile round trip, but they
usually leave stuff to collect from the local PO (not the sorting
office). Last time I had to go to the PF depot itself was to collect an
imported thingy for which I needed to pay duty, and I was expecting that!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Paul Boyd
October 5th 07, 10:13 AM
Tom Crispin said the following on 04/10/2007 21:54:

> I made this suggestion to Wiggle - and guess what... The product is
> now winging its way to me via Royal Mail, so it should arrive sometime
> next year

That's rather optimistic :-)

> and Wiggle have updated their product description:
> www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?ProdID=5360029335

That's something wiggle do seem to do rather quickly - I bought a stem
from them once and sent it back because it wasn't as described. They
changed the description within a day!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Tom Crispin
October 5th 07, 08:19 PM
On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 10:13:03 +0100, Paul Boyd
<usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote:

>Tom Crispin said the following on 04/10/2007 21:54:
>
>> I made this suggestion to Wiggle - and guess what... The product is
>> now winging its way to me via Royal Mail, so it should arrive sometime
>> next year
>
>That's rather optimistic :-)

They arrived today!

So I was right - the letter they sent out every two weeks promising
stock within a couple of weeks was nonsense. All they needed to do
was order the new model.

>> and Wiggle have updated their product description:
>> www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?ProdID=5360029335
>
>That's something wiggle do seem to do rather quickly - I bought a stem
>from them once and sent it back because it wasn't as described. They
>changed the description within a day!

In the main I find Wiggle to be excellent, but I do get frustrated by
their standard letters excusing their delays or being out of stock.

Here's one I've had several times...

==========

We're very sorry but we cannot supply you with this product. Our
suppliers told us we could have more but they have now run out without
telling us.

==========

But they do make up for it with discount vouchers and the occasional
pack of wine gums.

Paul Boyd
October 6th 07, 10:30 AM
Tom Crispin said the following on 05/10/2007 20:19:

> They arrived today!

Wow!

> But they do make up for it with discount vouchers and the occasional
> pack of wine gums.

Ah - you've had those as well! I really shouldn't have eaten them all
at once :-) (The wine gums that is, not the discount vouchers.)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

Tom Crispin
October 6th 07, 09:14 PM
On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 10:30:05 +0100, Paul Boyd
<usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote:

>Tom Crispin said the following on 05/10/2007 20:19:
>
>> They arrived today!
>
>Wow!

It is remarkable.

It was the last item I had been waiting for to fully kit up the
Islabikes Beinn 24 and Beinn 26 ready for the dark evenings and long
cycle rides.

12 Infini rear rack lights arrived earlier in the week:

www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=22667

At £6.80 each. These are certainly the best value rear light I have
seen. They bolt onto the rear rack - so you can forget about them. A
Philips screwdriver is required to remove the battery. I really can't
see them being attractive to thieves. Three LEDs face backwards and
one LED in each direction sideways. The reflector size is huge,
probably 12cm x 5cm.

12 Cateye front lights arrived ages ago:

www.cateye.com/en/product_detail/342

At £17.72 each.

12 Cateye Velo 5 computers:

www.zyro.co.uk/product_detail.asp?pid=1549

At £10.05.

Net total per bike £34.57.

It took, about 30 minutes to kit out each bike. To fit the rear
carrier light I had to adjust the rear mudguard. While on the
workstand I also gave each bike a quick brake and gear service. But
even so, 6 hours to fit lights and a computer was a long time.

But now I am almost satisfied. Each of the 12 pool Islabikes Beinn 24
and Beinn 26 has lights, computer, bottle cage, bottle and two pannier
bags. I'm ready to take a group cycle touring in the New Forest.

The one item I am still waiting for is 12 QR seat post clamps.

MJ Ray
October 9th 07, 05:08 PM
Paul Boyd <usenet.is.worse@plusnet> wrote:
> Roos Eisma said the following on 04/10/2007 11:25:
> > When CityLink delivered a small rug to us last month they just put it in
> > the blue bin, just like the postie and many other delivery people. Maybe
> > it depends on local individuals.
>
> Round here they won't leave stuff out. Besides, I haven't got a blue
> bin :-)

Round here (1 mile north of Paul Boyd AIUI) they will leave stuff out, such
as a large parcel left at the front door in full view of a road, two car
parks and two footpaths, even though I was at home and their instructions
said 'if out leave safe at rear'.

PityLink or RoyalMangle... are all package services racing to the bottom?
Company of Cyclists, anyone?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home