PDA

View Full Version : Now! Police camera action ITV

elyob
October 8th 07, 10:08 PM
About to show lorries and cycles and the effects ...

elyob
October 8th 07, 10:27 PM
"elyob" > wrote in message
> About to show lorries and cycles and the effects ...

Well, that was 5 seconds of coverage and the stationary bike got run over.
"Cycling groups recommend making eye contact with the driver and not
undertaking lorries".

Brilliant.

JNugent[_2_]
October 8th 07, 10:52 PM
elyob wrote:

> "elyob" > wrote:

>> About to show lorries and cycles and the effects ...

> Well, that was 5 seconds of coverage and the stationary bike got run
> over. "Cycling groups recommend making eye contact with the driver and
> not undertaking lorries".

> Brilliant.

What else could they recommend to cyclists?

elyob
October 9th 07, 08:32 AM
"JNugent" > wrote in message
> elyob wrote:
>
>> "elyob" > wrote:
>
>>> About to show lorries and cycles and the effects ...
>
>> Well, that was 5 seconds of coverage and the stationary bike got run
>> over. "Cycling groups recommend making eye contact with the driver and
>> not undertaking lorries".
>
>> Brilliant.
>
> What else could they recommend to cyclists?

I was thinking the eye contact was going to be a little difficult with a
juggernaut, but maybe that was just me.

Roos Eisma
October 9th 07, 08:33 AM
JNugent > writes:

>elyob wrote:

>> "elyob" > wrote:

>>> About to show lorries and cycles and the effects ...

>> Well, that was 5 seconds of coverage and the stationary bike got run
>> over. "Cycling groups recommend making eye contact with the driver and
>> not undertaking lorries".

>> Brilliant.

>What else could they recommend to cyclists?

Well, that same program sometime last week had this line:

"x cyclists were killed in London last year, most of them by lorries.
Amazingly, many cyclists don't wear the one piece of equipment that could
save them"

You can guess the rest of it. The magic piece of foan that protects you
against lorries. At least this advice was a little more useful.

Roos

JNugent[_2_]
October 9th 07, 11:16 AM
elyob wrote:

> "JNugent" > wrote in message
>
>> elyob wrote:

>>> Well, that was 5 seconds of coverage and the stationary bike got run
>>> over. "Cycling groups recommend making eye contact with the driver
>>> and not undertaking lorries".
>>

>>> Brilliant.
>>

>> What else could they recommend to cyclists?
>

> I was thinking the eye contact was going to be a little difficult with a
> juggernaut, but maybe that was just me.

Via the mirrors (from behind, of course) on approach? That's all I can
think of.

Perhaps the advice was for general undertaking situations, including
cars/vans. Otherwise, the "don't undertake lorries" advice is at least
sound.

Kenneth MacKenzie
October 9th 07, 05:00 PM
Roos Eisma > writes:

> Well, that same program sometime last week had this line:
>
> "x cyclists were killed in London last year, most of them by lorries.
> Amazingly, many cyclists don't wear the one piece of equipment that could
> save them"

A James-Bond-style jet-pack?

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3643609.stm)

> You can guess the rest of it. The magic piece of foan that protects you
> against lorries.

Oh.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home