PDA

View Full Version : Re: The Toyota of Bicycles?

Tom Sherman
October 10th 07, 03:55 AM
Donald Gillies wrote:
> Coyoteboy > writes:
>
>> My Toyota is neither boring, nor reliable. And Toyota has only gained
>> this reputation in the last 10 years.
>
> Hmm, toyota has been over-engineering all its components by 10% or so
> for 35 years, but that has only paid off in the last 10 years ??
>
> Honestly, you don't know the first thing about why japanese cars made
> inroads into the US car market do you ?? In the early 1970's, there
> were nearly no japanese mechanics between the atlantic and pacific
> oceans. The cars had to be reliable AS THERE WOULD BE NO REPAIRMEN
> AND NO SPARE PARTS ...

In the early 1980's, it was hard to find any mechanics in small towns
that would work on foreign cars.

Beer - It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Jürs
October 12th 07, 04:59 PM
Tom Sherman wrote:

> In the early 1980's, it was hard to find any mechanics in small towns
> that would work on foreign cars.

Tell me about it, I may as well have been driving a space ship.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home